Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Post-testing results...

SpeedFrog

Bluelighter
Hi guys.
A quick question - once a pill has been tested, should the color of the results stay the same regardless of time elapsed?
I ask because I tested some Orange BBs tonight, and they went black straight away...however after around an hour, the marquis turned a dark green color.
Green = bad, no?
Does the fact that the marquis reagent had been sitting there for an hour change this?
(Mods: I'm posting this on the Testing forum too...I need an answer ASAP...)
Cheers,
-- SpeedFrog.

Ahh id say your meant to rely on the black reading within the first say 20 seconds. One other thing to note, dont leave it lying around for an hour
smile.gif
. That shit burns and its burnt through envelopes and paper ive left for less than a few minutes and started its way through the table.

I'm not trying to be anal
smile.gif

Do you always test on paper and envelopes. Because i found that if i test a speed pill on paper it comes up black.

when i wipe off the test stuff from the plate we test on, it always makes the tissue black, regardless of how the pill tested.
and yes, i'd say that leaving it out for an hour had a whole lot to do w/ it. its not meant to be used that way! the warmth n all would affect it too. if its black in the first few seconds and still looked that way after half a minute, i think you can assume its okay
smile.gif

UH OH i just had a thought. what would happen if you ez-tested a bunk pill that had nothing in it but binder and very finely pulped bits of *paper*?! could an unscrupulous manufacturer beat the tester that way??
[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 01 October 2000).]

To the first question: yes, the colour will change over a long period and cannot be used to determine anything after about 60 seconds...the first 30 seconds are the time you should be watching the color changes...after that, it's eventually going to go greeny black, to very black, no matter the content.....all Marquis does this due to the high sulphur content.
Secondly: Why are you guys testing your pills on paper?!?
Both instruction sheets for EZ Test and our product, 'E' kit, specify a clean white plate (ceramic) as the best one to use. Paper can give false readings and will usually go black (you've all seen what happens with tissue paper)...plus it'll eventually burn right through it and keep on going!!..(kinda' like the acid in Alien!)
Always use a hard ceramic white plate....at the worst case, use the lid of the testing bottle or some VERY CLEAN glass...but never paper..
Please share this knowledge around..using paper as the testing surface for Marquis Reagent could be dangerous to your furniture (hands, arms, feet, eyes?).
Thank you.
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au
[This message has been edited by candyflip (edited 01 October 2000).]

I normally test on the lids of soft drink bottles (white lids of course) can that F—k the reaction?
Thanks