Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

quaaludes?

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
have done a little reading on these. A prescription medicine from back in the 80's. Actually called the "love drug"
I did a search and found a few posts, but nothing substantial. Phreex seems to be quite a big fan.
My question is: Has anyone from aus (nz, asia) tried these? Has anyones granny got some hidden away in her medicine cabinet? They are yellow with a word on them (i forget sorry)
any experiences with them? They sound like a lot of fun!!
smile.gif

------------------
"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing" - Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest.

all i know about qualuudes is that if you can offload them for $250 in drugs wars then you're doing pretty well.
that doesn't help you does it
smile.gif

------------------
professor.....whats another word for pirate treasure?

definetely man, they sound like they are the shit. i have also been reading up about it in the last few days. i always heard of ludes, never ever knew what they were like. I just know about "luding out" where you would pop like 2 with a glass of wine, and you were fucked for ages.
schedule 1 drug now.
its supposed to be easy to make
SOME BITCH ASS HOE IN PERTH MAKE EM

yo j_swift thats where i first found out about ludes hahahah
how good is it in drug wars. "someone floods the market with cheap ecstasy" sometimes fpr $1 each!! heres hoping they are any good as well...

Hopefully the next version of Drug Wars, will have a 'buy online' feature
smile.gif

IMOA, wipper snapper!
wink.gif

stay away from things from the chemist!unless its condoms
smile.gif

what was it;australia the pill poping capital of the world! and they wherent talking E's either.
[This message has been edited by Its Chaos (edited 28 September 2000).]

Little snippet from a med site:
"Quaalude is a brand name for the depressant methaqualone (me-THA-kwa-lone) and is no longer manufactured commercially. The drug is a central nervous system depressant similar to barbituates. The effect on the body is a reduction in the heart and breathing rate and blood pressure. Small doses create a feeling of euphoria. Larger doses can bring about depression, irrational behavior, poor reflexes and slurred speech. Those who use quaaludes frequently develop tolerance rather quickly. This is dangerous in many ways because users then have to increase their dosage to achieve a high. An overdose can be fatal. Mixing alcohol and quaaludes can also be deadly because of the combined depressant effect on the heart and lungs. Withdrawal from quaaludes is said to be sometimes more intense than withdrawal from heroin. Users should never try to quit "cold turkey," and should only attempt a slow, gradual withdrawal under the supervision of a doctor. "
Not really into the depressant side of things, but it looks like a relatively simple synthesis for any of the bathtub chemists out there.
http://rhodium.lycaeum.org/chemistry/quaalude.html
Neal
------------------
The road of excess leads to the palace of Wisdom.