Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E and backpain

cAmmAc

Bluelighter
Something that's always bothered me when I'm rolling is the backpain that always seems to hit just before I start to come down. I was just wondering if this was a side effect of the e, and if so, what is it that's happening to my back to make it so sore???

Cam : where exactly on your back does it hurt??
I find when i sit down on the ground and lean foward when i'm out n rolling my back KILLS the next day cos leaning foward messes up the alignment of your spine.
Also if i dance too much, sometimes my back kills the next day becos of all the jarring (sp?), it's kinda like running.
I guess you'd only feel it when ur coming down cos of the effects of MDMA on pain.
Hope it helps
smile.gif

rc1n

Yeah, I do tend to sit down and put my head between my knees for a while when I'm dancing like a cat on a hot tin roof, but my friends all suffered the same pain in the lower back, we all spent different amounts of time sitting, and we all have different levels of intensity when dancing. It just seems the lower back is the first place I start to hurt - even before my legs, so I'm just looking for the reason as to why it hurts - hopefully the physio can help me out!!
smile.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

The same thing also happens to me every time I go out. Regardless of whether I do a lot or very little dancing, heaps of sitting down etc. I heard it was the muscles in your back just get overworked. Anyone know if this is right?

I would say it's a muscular thing. I've just officially 'done my back in' after only a few sessions at the gym, it's easier than you think.
There was a spinology ph. number in a recent 3D mag for free consultations for 'ravers', so I assume back aggravations are a pretty common thing.
Or mabe the mdma is draining your spinal fluid (I'm just kidding)

You are OK. As long as that pain doesn't continue any longer than 2-3 days, she's apples, you haven't done any damage. Usually (over the course of your average, lazy ass day) your intervertebral discs lose up to 20% of their water content, just because of the compressive load of our good friend gravity. Therefore, yes, you are literally shorter at night (most peoples hight varies by up to 1 cm over a day). So, if you add in 10 hours of high energy dancing, you've lost about another 1-2L of water. The body redistributes its water content to try to regulate your blood pressure for your brain, and your probably left with about 60% of your water content in the IV discs.
This in itself could cause pain, because the shortened vertebral column now has less space between vertebrae to transmit your spinal nerves, or between joint surfaces, possibly causing friction and irritation.
Temporary loss of IV disc water content differs from losing spinal fluid (CSF) which is carried within the cord itself, and is regulated fairly strictly in volume. I know no-one has seriously suggested that E drains your spinal fluid, but I thought I would set the record straight anyway, for those unsure.
Add to this the fact that you've been standing upright (unless you've had mitsis, which put U on your arse!) for the last 26 hours or so, and exercising for a good proportion of that, the muscles that keep your spine up straight get really tired and sore, as someone mentioned in a previous post.
The best way to recover from this pain is to stop doing what you've been doing. Give your spine a holiday from gravity for a few hours, let your spine muscles sleep for a bit, and alls cool.
Or just take more drugs! (not my professional opinion and wont be liable for permanent injury or death caused from it).
Best position for recovery of disc water content is lying flat on your back with your feet up on a chair. In this position, there is gentle traction on your spine, so it recovers water faster thru negative pressure in the discs.
Sum it all up;
Standing up an dancing for hours makes your spine a little shorter, muscles tired, and might hurt.
To fix this, do the opposite of standing up and dancing for hours - sleep, and drink water.
Hope this has been of some help, and not trying to put down anyone that has responded to this thread.
*Hugz for all*
Raider
smile.gif

P.S: Massage also fukn rocks!

Backpain!
Well from what I read in Ecstacy: Trance Dance and Transformation by Nicholas Saunders is that back pain is caused by two things:
1) Over-exertion and muscle strain
2) Kidney problems due to dehydration!!!
The second point is based on 50 interviews performed by Andrew Thompson. He found that people who drank non-alcoholic fluids did not suffer back pain. People who drank alchohol or not at all did complain of back pain!
Interesting isnt it!!??
respec'
raw
------------------
Ever since I lost my mind everything has been groovy.

Raider : u the BOMB!! hehehe
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
wikked post n thanks alot for the info, like cam i get really sore, especially my back, the day after going out, thanks again.
smile.gif

rc1n