Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

LSD and the Blind

Dustoff

Bluelighter
i heard of several studies conducted back in the late seventies with LSD and both people blinded through injury, and those blind from birth. Basically to see wether or not blind people experience hallucinations from the drug stimulating the visual sectors of the mind.
i dont know what the studies concluded, but i would be interested to hear what people think.
------------------
ahhhh...natural light, get it off me...get it off me!

this is only semi related.
I know of 'experiments' which involved cutting off any stimulation of all senses. No sound, no light, minimum touch, no taste, and no smells. Both with and without acid. (In completely different experiments)
This was in search of a sixth sense.
I also no nothing of the outcome. I think it was done by monks, and then with acid by dirty hippies.

I would love to know the results to both those tests so much. Anyone got answers??

Dr. John Lilly did experimentation with isolation tanks and ketamine & LSD in the 60's. You can read his experiences in the book "the Center of the Cyclone".
He also took LSD with dolphins and tried to communicate with him.
Isolation tanks were also recently featured on a recent Simpsons episode.
As for what the hell blind people trip like, i have no clue. The whole 'not seeing things' thing might be an issue.
They probably shouldn't drive!

a fictional account of Dr Lily's experiments was filmed as "Altered States". a seriouslly fucked up movie, not suprising as it's directed by Ken Russell. i've got a copy in my drug related videos colection.
the soundtrack is also seriously disturbing.... try dropping it into the mix when you have a house full of trippers..whoahh...
ok as for experiments witht the blind i havent found any yet but i will... what i have found is a description of an experiment that someone is proposing to do...
http://members2.visualcities.com/hallucinations/index.html
(search for text string "blind")
and here's a bit about LSD and colour blindness:
http://diseyes.lycaeum.org/olo/colorbl.lsd
more soon

sensory deprivation rocks!!!!!!
try droppign a shitload of acid... and jump in your closet... youll trip hard! like full interactive vis's if you try hard enough.. or on the other hand.. if you freak out youl freak bigtime... its an empty world in the dark just waiting for you to fill it... if yyou have a fear of the dark... it will take you over.
------------------
fear and loathing on the dragons tail =^_^=

I have a friend who is blind and trips every once in a while. He loves it. He said he sees all kinds of lights and colors in his head (as far as he can relate). He said it
is more a sensational trip as far as thoughts, perceptins, etc. He lays in his bed for hours totally into what is going on in his head. I wish I could experience the kind of trips he does.

remember that old rock musical Tommy? by The Who?
anyway this kid is deaf dumb and blind and this woman called the acid queen (Tina Turner) doses him up with heaps of acid to try and cure him.. i don't know what he saw, but there was some weird visual art during that scene..
anyhow, i heard the FBI were doing LSD experiments in the 60's to see if people could communicate telepathically in different rooms..
well thereya go :p
gnite

is your friend blind from birth? i mean how would a blind person who has never seen anything trip? sure they would not see actual objects like you or i, but more colours and shapes, but how would they know, the colour green from a deep red? etc etc....
------------------
ahhhh...natural light, get it off me...get it off me!

john boy.. that film "alter states" is defianlty one fucked up flim.. ughh.. goats blood!!!! and that monkey @ the end.. dont we *ALL* want to be one of those (yeah yeah i know.. "neanderthal")
as for anyone into reading about early experimentation with LSD, find Dr Sydney Cohen's book "drugs of hallucination" a good read, accounts of many volunteers, good for those interested in acid, yet want to read as much as they can before they trip (which was me!)
as for the sensory deprivation, it is GREAT whilst tripping.. if you are stuck somewhere small and tripping, and feel uncomfortable, find a closet and close yourself in it. the clarity that enfolds you is *AMAZING*.. also good for when you are with people who are less then desirable
wink.gif
sensory deprivation is good at any time though, clarity of thought and clamness, but combine it with LSD, its amazing..
tho', like ghost2501 said, if you freak, you freak BIG TIME!! which also, can be a lot of fun >
smile.gif

am definatly interested on the factor of LSD and blind people, thanks for the links johnboy!
anyhoo.. nuff crap frum me
smile.gif

peace n luv
xox wiSdoMiKaL
------------------
be, simply, YOU...
and love, eternally, yourself :)