Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Would testing of ecstasy pills decrease the dangers for young people? Vote now

NickyJ

Bluelight Crew
Would testing of ecstasy pills decrease the dangers for young people?

Is the poll currently running here

NO is currently winning 10894 to 10469

8)

Even that current result is significant... not too long ago a similar ninemsn poll would have been an absolute landslide for NO.

There was one not so long ago. A few months? myinnerself started the thread. I can't remember what the result was tho :\

I think it would. it scared me to see the amount of people recently who just had a real "fuck it" attitude in relation to the latest red mitzi scare.
I heard of many people - and not just young/uneducated... but also ppl in the workforce and ppl on bluelight - who were going to take them anyway as there was no firm proof.

I think pill testing will stop people doing this as they'll actually have some firm proof rather than the rather susceptible stuff propagated by the papers.

until we have authoratitive pill testing, people will just be tempted to risk it.

I don't see how anyone could possibly think it wouldn't :\

Anyway yes is in front now...

Yes: 13299

No: 13222

=D

Unfortunately since they have in place no method to block a single computer from voting multiple times, I don't put much confidence in the result.

BigTrancer :)

Seriously... I do not see MDMA as being overly dangerous. Unless used execively. That is similar to all things really. Atleast this way you know what you are getting... The whole drug prohibition thing is a senseless war, there are too many arguments against the prohibitionists.

This poll just goes to show how many people in the community are not educated enough on this topic.

Question:
"Would testing of ecstasy pills decrease the dangers for young people?"

The answer is obviously YES!!! Of course it is going to decrease the dangers of taking pills if we know whats in them and can avoid dangerous substances. How so many people can vote no is very surprising to me.

Monday November 15 2004: Would testing of ecstasy pills decrease the dangers for young people?
Yes: 17505 (53%)
No: 15618 (47%)

:D

The tides are turning. Hopefully the 'no' voters will try some out of curiosity if they haven't already.

BigTrancer said:
Unfortunately since they have in place no method to block a single computer from voting multiple times, I don't put much confidence in the result.

absolutely.

besides, ppl of our particular demographic know the obvious answer the same poll among the drug taking community would be almost 100% yes

I agree in most respects that testing would indeed decrease the dangers of pills, and aid in a more informed choice towards what people are taking.. However you would still get the "i just want to get fucked up no matter what" kind of people taking adultrated pills even after being shown disapointing and potentialy dangerous test results. I can't stress enough to my friends how important testing is all the time and the silly buggers still turn a blind eye to it, tisk tisk. These days i get more enjoyment out of testing pills then i do ingesting them.