Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Herald-Sun 10 Nov 04: Petrol sniffing 'reversible'

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Petrol sniffing 'reversible'
10nov04

BRAIN damaged petrol sniffers could make a full recovery if they stopped sniffing, a Northern Territory research centre says.

The finding goes against conventional scientific thinking, with previous research indicating cognitive brain damage suffered as a result of petrol sniffing was irreversible.

A Study by the Menzies School of Research in Darwin found that not only was the brain damage reversible, its patients could make a full recovery.

"We studied people who have abstained from petrol sniffing for up to two years," researcher Sheree Cairney told ABC radio.

"And this was the first sort of exciting evidence showing that people who do have this level of brain damage can recover with abstinence.

"They may even recover completely if the level of impairment is not too significant."

Petrol sniffing is a problem rife in many Aboriginal communities across Australia's top end, with those badly affected suffering impaired memory and ability to learn.

From: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11340223%5E1702,00.html

BigTrancer :)

sorry it was supposed to be funny, probably inappropriate

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't give people the idea its ok to be sniffing petrol because what ever harm I do to myself will just repair itself anyway.....