Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

To chew, or not to chew?

decs

Bluelighter
Hey just looking for some insight
Heres the deal, if i pop again this will be the 7th weekend in a row, out of those 7 only around 3 nights turned out ok, its not that im getting bad pills they are all decent enough I think its just the moods im in at the time I said last weekend would be the last time untill big day out because i really want to have fun on that day/night/next day, but a few good girl friends of ours are trying it for the first time and I am really keen to buzz with them (hopefully), i am taking vitamins, drinking lots of tea, milk, eating heaps of fruit etc through the remaining part of the week but the question I have is...
is it worth it for those couple of seconds of such a foul taste to chew the pill instead of just poping it?

any information would be good,
thanks hopefully reply to some of your messages soon

i find that sometimes if i keep thinking about coming on then it wont really hit me as hard. I find that if im relaxed, dont think about the pill and just enjoy myself i have a good time. Best thing to do is to be in a great mood and let nature take its course! good luck i hope you have a blast

its called tolerance buddy :p i used to take pills more days than i didnt and after a while it becomes hard to achieve any peak worth remembering unless u start double/tripple dropping (thats not to say that you should

if u want to have a better than ordinary time at big day out my advice is either have a break.. or see if u can get ur hands on some 5-Htp 200mg capsules. have 2 about 3hrs before dropping and another 1 2hrs after dropping. ive had many " wow this is like the early days!!" experiences when following these steps :)

plus chewing is very bad for your teeth -_-

^^^^^
Alas, the answer I have been told so many times, you cannot find anyone who will tell me why?
People always say that the chems in pills fuck up your teeth but does anyone know why?
Hmm, deja vu, I may have asked this before?
Phase_D... anyone?
Would be sweet to finally get an answer.
=D
PEACE

Chewing pills might help the pill kick in a bit quicker/stronger because your body doesn't need to break it up from scratch itself, because you have already done it (kinda like taking a shortcut I suppose).
So theoretically this could help the pill be stronger, or come on faster, but in practice I have never really noticed a difference.

Besides, 7 weekends on the trot... I don't think chewing will make much difference for you. As stated above, you have built up a tolerance! Best thing you can do is take a break (I would suggest 4-8 weeks MINIMUM).

As for the 5-htp suggestion, I have seen/heard that taking 5-htp too close to your roll actually helps deaden the effects of the pill. (sorry, no credible source for this comment).

I have only preloaded with 5-htp in the few days before hand, with the last dose taken >10-12 hours before dropping. I would say that I have not gained much (if any) benefit from preloading with 5-htp. However, I have found postloading to be much more successful.

erokr

Search: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155273&highlight=chew

As mentioned in the link above, breaking up the pills into pieces or powder increases surface area, allowing it to dissolve faster in your stomach. Quicker absorption, faster come-up, shorter duration possibly... but no more MDMA is absorbed, so therefore if you have a tolerance, the dose will feel less effective than if you didn't have a tolerance.

The solution is a month or two break...

Re: 5-HTP... please search, this has been covered ad nauseum.

BigTrancer :)

^^ I've been on a 10 month break you could almost call it a 2 year break

bring on the half a pill and Screaming!!!

Here is MY hypothesis on why you have been told chewing pills is bad for your teath, this may or may not be true:
The only reason I can see the chemicals in a pill being bad for your teath is due to the acidity of your saliva as you do this. As the drugs dissolve in your mouth the acidity would most likly rise rapidly.
The outer layer of enamel on your teath is very important and protects against all sorts of nasty decay and so on. So when this acidic stuff covers your teath the enamel is erroded. The longer the teath are in this environment the worse the effect will be. The same holds for Meth or other drug salts that may enter your mouth and stay there in risidual amounts.

tolerance....the word brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it.

Its always sad to face the facts, im just waiting for the day when someone creates a new form of mdma that can be injested and felt to the full of effects any time and most importantly everytime ( example. alchol)

It's possible to build up a tolerance to alcohol aswell, not as noticable compared to other drugs however...

General said:
i find that sometimes if i keep thinking about coming on then it wont really hit me as hard. I find that if im relaxed, dont think about the pill and just enjoy myself i have a good time. Best thing to do is to be in a great mood and let nature take its course! good luck i hope you have a blast

Ditto...

maybe have a 3 or 4 beers before, not enough to be pissed, but a little to change your mood. I then drop and i tend to forgotten ive had it and enjoy it much more. If i havent had anything to drink i usually am just waiting and waiting for it to kick in and sometimes even thought about it too much ive talked myself out of it actually kicking in. Even if its a good pill.

But 7 week stints your never gonna have the whoaaaaa feeling... Maybe have a little break a month,* enjoy!

[edit] Event info removed

Last edited by a moderator:
what answer r u expecting regarding the teeth?

I mean, if u asked "why is sugar bad for my teeth", what sort of answer would u expect?

Im sure someone can give u a technical scientific answer, but I think the laymans answer is "it eats away at the enamel and the tooth".
it certainly seems to eat away at the rest of my mouth, so Im guessing my teeth r no different.

but hey, I dont actually have any facctual knowledge myself, so maybe it is crap! I believe it though........

I most certainly agree, as stated in the previous post, but I was looking for FACTUAL information reguarding what it does.
Oh well, I guess we'll just go for 'the chems are bad for your teeth'.
Sweet.
=D
PEACE

I think the answers are there - 1. mdma is caustic, and pieces of pill stuck in your teeth or chemicals dissolved in your saliva could erode them, 2. prolonged stimulant use can result in increased acidity in the saliva itself, eroding the teeth.

Edit: Furthermore...

If you chew your pills you might peak quicker, and harder, and therefore suffer more intensely from the side effects of MDMA, one of which would be eye-wiggles (noticeably) and another is ... jaw clenching and teeth grinding.

[link] A. Milosevic, N. Agrawal, P. Redfearn, & L Mair, "The occurrence of toothwear in users of Ecstasy (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)", Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 27(4), 283-287, (Aug 1999) [Abstract at Erowid]

Last edited:
haha, 3 cans of fizzy drink per 'trip' will do it alone i guess....thats something I never even thought of.

I actually looked at a 600ml bottle of coke the other day. Not surprising was the high sugar content - what was surprising was the amount it was based upon......."recommended serving size - 200ml". errr, has anyone ever seen a 200ml bottle of coke b4?

this thread is getting me kinda scared - Ive got my first dental visit tomorrow morn, probably my first since munching for the first time about 8 years ago. (and I dont even have insurance!)

i pill can't cause enough damage to take the enamel off man.

just make sure you brush your teeth well and rinse your mouth well after chewing it.

BTW if you happen to see a truck carrying coke syrup, read what the warning sign says " Extremely corrosive content"
and ever heard of if you have an oil spill in your garage, pour a bottle of coke and scape it off the next day????

yeah we all hear about how bad coke(cola) is, but never put it into perspective.......I guess ppl grow up with the feeling "hmm, if they push it onto little kids at Maccas etc., yet drinks like coffee r only for adults, then surely it cant be that bad?".

Good news is, ive been drinking coke and doing a few pills here and there for quite some time now. Apparently my teeth arent so bad (despite a few small cavities).....maybe its all that fluorinated tap-water i drink when Im out?!!!!

BigTrancer said:
I think the answers are there - 1. mdma is caustic, and pieces of pill stuck in your teeth or chemicals dissolved in your saliva could erode them, 2. prolonged stimulant use can result in increased acidity in the saliva itself, eroding the teeth.

Edit: Furthermore...

If you chew your pills you might peak quicker, and harder, and therefore suffer more intensely from the side effects of MDMA, one of which would be eye-wiggles (noticeably) and another is ... jaw clenching and teeth grinding.

[link] A. Milosevic, N. Agrawal, P. Redfearn, & L Mair, "The occurrence of toothwear in users of Ecstasy (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine)", Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 27(4), 283-287, (Aug 1999) [Abstract at Erowid]

Once again BT comes through with the goods in a simple, easy to read manner.
Thanks Chief.
:)
PEACE