Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dangerous Pills - Radio News 9/11/04

dailygrind

Bluelighter
I know I know... it was the media who said it but....

NOVA 969FM just reported that 5000 dangerous pills that "may cause bleeding and extreme high blood pressure" have just come into the country.

They didnt say what they were.

-DG

Dangerous ecstasy batch warning
November 9, 2004

UP to 5000 ecstasy tablets with dangerous side effects have hit Sydney's streets, prompting a police warning ahead of end of school year parties.

Police said the batch of poor quality drugs could cause a sudden rise in blood pressure, severe bleeding and an increased risk of brain haemorrhaging.

"We have reason to believe the quality of these tablets is exceptionally poor and can cause a number of potentially dangerous health problems," drug squad commander Detective Superintendent David Laidlaw said.

"There are a large number of end of school parties planned in the coming weeks and it is likely that these drugs could be sold to unsuspecting young people."

Supt Laidlaw said information about the drugs had come from police intelligence, but officers were yet to get hold of any tablets to analyse their chemical content.

However, reports about the tablets' side effects were alarming.

"The information is that some people have had severe nosebleeds and other complications such as blacking out," Supt Laidlaw said.

"(The drug suppliers) could have cut them up with anything. That's the trouble with these backyard manufacturers ... the unsuspecting drug user gets this type of drug and they don't know what the compounds are."

There was no name or symbol on the tablets to help identify them, Supt Laidlaw said.

From here

I just want to know how they know the possible side effects (and a number) with no idea on colour, name/symbol at all of the pills in question.

They seriously believe someone would import 5000 deadly pills? i'd like some more info on these... if what they say is true, i'd be steering away from any blanks...

Personally, I believe the police and media are wanking up another anti-drug scare monger campaign, but we can't afford to risk it, as per the deaths as a result of the red mitzi's recently... Any more information on this subject would be appreciated greatly - good work wazza and p_d

This is some what vauge, they could atleast indicate the colour/shape for what it's worth. Also how do they estimate the number of pillsl which are ment to be in this batch as well?

Mmmmm. Where is the independent medical account...? Who has had these symptoms, and which hospitals have they attended? I smell something fishy... this is NOT how you put out a convincing press release. If there is something dangerous out there, NSW police should get out there and find it, and stop wittering. If they are crying wolf, they are playing a phenomenally dangerous game- it's hard enough to get users to pay attention to REAL warnings, never mind scare tactics. SAPOL never ever issues pill warnings unless there are much harder facts at hand. I will investigate...
Still, you never know; play it safe just in case...

hmm, seems very sus .. mybe one of the big HM gurus from bluelight should call Supt Laidlaw and ask some questions about the pills..

Gee, this happens in light of the VIC gov denying pill testing..

ahh well, if anyone dies can we blame the VIC gov?

^^ Phase_Dancer already posted the same article (Read it)

Could it be someone who cut all those mitsubishis in half then dye it to another color then press them into another logo?

This sounds so suspicious to me. How do they know there were 5000 pills? If they have "intelligence" such as this, they should have been able to stop them getting to the streets in the first place. All this tells us is to steer away from blank pills... and to test the ones we do get :\ (which your friendly government does not support anyway...) Earthcore Testing thread

"(The drug suppliers) could have cut them up with anything. That's the trouble with these backyard manufacturers ... the unsuspecting drug user gets this type of drug and they don't know what the compounds are."

Gee... legal, regulated, pharmaceutical quality MDMA sure would fix that problem, right?

This seems like scare tactics to stop those people thinking about trying ecstasy as celebration of the end of the school year.

How do they know these 5000 pills have those effects? Have there been injuries resulting from them already? I would call bullshit but I'd like answers first.

In some strange sense, I sincerely hope this is true.

I would really hate for our conspiracy theories to be justified. If Police have their heart set on stopping people taking ecstasy, then lieing would not be the way to go about it.

For the sake of users, I hope this isn't true, but the platypus is right, that's a seriously dangerous game to play if it's not.

My white & unmarked pills were fine

I have had pills recently with no design. They were badly made (the tops and bottom are not levelled), speckled lighty with off-colour white bits & black bits. They are small, and about 3-5mm thick. I had quarters and got a nice buzz MDXX buzz, dilated pupils and the usual warmth and empathy.

No bleeding of course. These pills were procured in Sydney.

I didn't test them and unfortunately i took no photo's of them.

Does this kind of crap happen often? I mean the media/police getting together to make up a false story to scare people? Coz that's what I think this is

the facts from the article:

#Up to 5,000 ecstasy tablets - its funny they know how many there are

#poor quality drugs - they know the bad effects yet there have been no reports of victims other that what the police recieved from their source of "information"

#information about the drugs had come from police intelligence, but officers were yet to get hold of any tablets to analyse their chemical content. - yet they know that the pills are bad quality and the people that had problems with the pills were'n a bunc of friends that decided they would all make a drug cocktail involving these and other drugs

#backyard manufacturers - how do they know where they came from if they dont know anything about the pills other than the effects they apparently cause

#There was no name or symbol on the tablets to help identify them - hold on - officers were yet to get hold of any tablets --- they say there was no name or symbol, how can they be sure if they didnt get thier hands on any pills.

This just sounds too suss for me. by all means be carefull with what you put into your bodies. but i just dont like the smell of this. if any1 does hear anything else please post it up and link us all up to an article or something if possible

"... could cause a sudden rise in blood pressure, severe bleeding and an increased risk of brain haemorrhaging."

sounds like they are building up to declaring these pills are contimated with rat poison

eccitude said:
"... could cause a sudden rise in blood pressure, severe bleeding and an increased risk of brain haemorrhaging."

sounds like they are building up to declaring these pills are contimated with rat poison

Oh shit, RAT POISON and HEROIN so that we become addicted and our lives begin to spiral out of control.
SHIT!
I'm not ever going to take drugs again, THANKS POLICE OFFICER PENISFACE!
:\ =D
Still, it's concerning if there are a batch of dodgies floating 'round.
Be sure to test people.
*Sigh, almost a cliche nowadays*
:)
PEACE