Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

to educate or not to educate ?

XSI11V

Bluelighter
my cute li'l Grungey 16 year old sis
smile.gif
has entered the long scenic journey of experimentation with drugs, but so far has only sampled pot to my knowledge.
mum knows the 'just say no' approach or anything coming from parents or Constable Care is a joke, and fears that she's at the age when it would more than likely result in a smashing of the piggy bank, hocking of the electric guitar, and a trip down to the Official School DD for a right royal spending spree.
mum's basically asked me to educate my sis about the fact that there's a lot of dodgey chems out there.
I'm a couple of steps ahead of her and thought of this ages ago. I came to the conclusion that if I went ahead and did this, my sis would know that when SHE thinks she's ready, I'm a virtual vending machine for clean 'safe' eccies.
The problem is - I think she's too young, and if i refuse when she'd already have made her curious mind up, she'd probably just settle for some dodgey schoolyard shit.
I'd prefer she didn't know the option to get good shit through me was there, as she doesn't hang with chem-takers (yet anyway), and the crowd IMHO is often the deciding factor.
Either way I see no turning back from that point onwards. I don't want to feel responsible for her fucking up her schoolwork any more than she already is.
does anyone know of someone that's just tried E once?
I don't know of anyone who hasn't been hooked on the feeling and power party on E. I'm sure we've all seen it screw with the priorities of some of the most intelligent people we know.
I guess I'm asking for advice, or for anyone to share similar exeriences. It's not a life-threatening situation, and I'm sure she wouldn't immediately nag me for pills - but i do feel it'd speed up the process of her experimentation...
ps. she progressing in leaps and bounds with the guitar, and I don't wanna see her throw it all away for techno just yet
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 28 August 2000).]

A really good childhood friend of mine first tried Ecstacy last NYE. Yeah, she liked it, but she didn't understand what all the fuss was about..."MMM....it's nice, i felt good , that's it" type of thing.
Wasn't that it was a dodgy pill she just didn't really like it. Another one of my female friends tried it twice or thrice over about 6 months then decided to leave it be
***** E's and party drugs just aren't for evryone , simple as that....I believe that everyone has their poison...
....in regards to your sister i wouldn't start telling her to steer clear from MDMA / speed and all that out of the blue....just tell her it she ever wants to try something and she wants help or has questions that she can feel free to come to you....let her know that what she tells you stays away from your parents.....
smile.gif

****That is what my older brother did and rather than encourage me or add to my curiousity it just gave me more of a chilled and 'there's no rush' attitude
Basically if she wants to, she's going to....just help her make the 'right' decisions and be honest with her too!!!
Good luck Matey
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Cheers,
Lilly

Your sister is 16 and cute???
BWAH HA HA HA
(insert own idea of evil laugh here!!)
------------------
FEEL THE BASS, let it work you into a frenzy.

Can your younger sister handle it? As in, is she mature enough to be a responsible ecstasy user? I'm sixteen, my oldest sister is 21 and I rolled for the first time with her... and I'm sooooo glad I did. I hang out with other sixteen year old chem-takers, but whenever I'm taking drugs I always like to be with my sisters (along with my sixteen year old buddies, of course), 'cos basically... sixteen year olds are pretty fucked
smile.gif

I reckon if you could have a chat with her about it all, it'd be sooo much better than her foraying into the scary world of drugs by herself 'cos she's worried that you're gonna give her shit if she's taking drugs or whatever, and she'll probably go with the irresponsible sixteen year olds.
nb. not all 16 year olds are fucked... just a lot of 'em. I like to think that I'm a responsible person... I enjoy ecstasy, but I'm not the type of person who thinks, "oooh, I'm going out, gotta have my pills or I'm not gonna have a good time," and all. In the past six months I've taken ecstasy about four times, and all four times have been whilst out with family members... people I could TRUST. maybe I'm just paranoid. hah.
plus, when I get pills through my sister I get them heaps cheaper. :p
anyway. hope that's been of help. talk to your sister. educate! educate!

I had my first egg with my older sister when I was about 15, and I look back on it in a very positive way. She was 23, and, like you, very hesitant to provide me with the goods...but, after much deliberation we rolled together...and fucking loved it. It brought us a lot closer together.
BUT...it so depends on the individual. I'd been smoking pot since 13 and she knew that, whereas if i'd just gotten into drugs then I doubt she would have even talked about it with me.
Goodluck!

She's unbelievably mature for her age - I don't doubt her ability to handle an E... it's just that I think some things are best left to later in life when priorities are all fully sorted and shit.
I get along with her really well, and am open and honest with her about my usage, and have talked to her a bit in the past about drugs. I think mum's just freakin out (as they do) So thanks for the input guys
smile.gif
, I'll think I'll just let it rest - I'm sure she knows she can come to me for advice when she feels ready. I reckon too many 'little talks' only serve to make 'em twice as curious.