Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ur experiance with other drugs and ssri's

SYDspeedcore

Bluelighter
ive read the faq but id like to hear from peoples own personal experiances with combinging ssri's and drugs, what drugs did u take and waht ssri's were u on ? and how was the high different to it was befor u went on the antidepresants ?

im on 50 mg of zoloft
alchole - i get drug alot easier basicly
nicotine - less anxiety when smoking

all other drugs i havent touched since been on ssri's, im intrested in doing some speed later but some people recon that the high is so weak it is not worth it...

Hai, I'd just like to say that is MY avatar and the only reason I'm not using it is b/c its clearly too small to make out how incredibly pissed off the T1000 looks, Kthx

Anyway, the only time I ever took SSRI's was when I was 12. I got mediumly drunk (a drink bottle full of rocket fuel odd, heh) then took 100mg of Valium. Basically felt really light headed and pleasant, absolutely no memory retention and a total loss of any inhibitions. Really nice. About an hour of complete blankness, with another hour after that of random flashes. This doesn't help your thread much but I didn't wanna get my comment on your avatar thieving deleted :D

Check out the Antidepressants & Drugs FAQ -- it has all you need to know about the combos

agh

i said i read the faq, from what ive read the affects of ssri's and drugs is subjective and cant all just be put in a faq, i was interested to see peoples personal experiances

n that avatar isnt urs i found it on my own !

I dont want to tell you how to use your drugs whether it be illicit or prescribed substances, but imo it would be in your best interests to forget synergys of different types in combonation with ssri medication as it is not that great and most of the drugs effects you choose to combine it with will be somewhat dull.

As for personal expierences, I chose to stop taking ssri's with other drugs as most cases it left me ultra depressed afterwards and unhappy with the expierences had.

The only thing i noticed was there seemed to be an increased effect in was the combonation of alcohol and ssri medication.

All in all try to avoid combonations of any drug with ssri's. Remember there are still risk factors involved with ssri's and other drugs. Dont just dismiss the fact they arent maoi's so they are ok.

Read the faq carefully should you decide to combine your medication.

Back when I was still living in NZ e wasnt available (ok it was but it was extremely hard to get). We use to go out and experiment with anything thing we could get our hands on.

For a while I was on Prozac. The drugs I found that worked were acid, alcohol and speed.

If going to go out and try taking a trip down with your ssris like with alcohol they hit harder and can often end up being an unpleasant experience even if your an experienced tripper.

My suggestion is stick with speed (if going out clubbing or to a rave or something) and slow down majorly down when drinking grog. As with any medication its going to not take much to get you plastered.

yea speed was what i was hoping on doing, it really sucks beign on ssri's they limit so many of the drugs u can take, i havent taken ecstacy in over 8 months because of em i miss it so much, but eh thats another story

intersting that u say the ssri's increased the effects of acid bcos the faq would suggest otherwise.

Perhaps you should consider that you're on SSRIs for a reason -- to treat some sort of mental illness -- and taking more drugs is probably counterproductive to your treatment

I have a friend that is currently taking Aropax(paroxetine) and has been for the past year or so.He and myself regularly indulge in heroin,E,benzos and various other substances. One time we were talking about the heroin we had smoked the night before and he commented on how strong it was. This was strange to me as I thought the gear was shit, and so commenced a discussion about what may have been the reason for the difference.(note: we have similar tolerances so that was ruled out as a possible cause) During the course of the conversation he mentioned that he had not taken his A/D for a couple of days. This all occured some time ago and since then we have realised that when he skips his A/D's he gets much more stoned than when on them. He also has the same thing occur when he takes ecstacy, as I did when I was taking Cipramil(citalopram). I dont have much knowledge relating to brain chemistry so I can not comment on why this happens, my un-informed opinion though is that it is to do with the way ssri's affect the pituitary gland. As far as your question about the effects of speed when on ssri's go's I would agree with those who said its not worth it as the high is shit compared to normal. Remember though that not all ssri's act in the same way, hence this is a complicated subject with no definite answers...

I notice I get a big elivation in mood for a couple of days when I stop my antidepressant (Citalopram) too, I find ice/meth to have more of a euphoric effect.
hmmm, curious