Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Withdrawal symptoms?

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
I would like to ask people if you have a feel for what symptoms one would experience when feeling withdrawal from: speed, coke, marijuana, mdma, ghb. (I know that some of these things are not "physically addictive" but they can be quite habit forming in some cases). Basically - if you were using these chemicals for an extended period on a regular basis and then stopped, what would you feel, what would happen to you?
Of course, I don't mean to drag up painful memories for people, or ask for your personal experiences if you're not comfortable sharing them publically. I know there are listed medical side effects in web references online - but quite often I think to myself "how would I know if I was feeling that?".
Again it's another sombre question, but one I would really like to know the more information about. Thanks for any input.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I find my biggest problem being not on 'rugs is that i get so damn bored.
Working 8am-6pm 5 days a week with annoying as all hell customers, i need a release on the weekends. If i don't do something i just get bored.
I find that smoking pot most nights a week (back when i did that) would massively loose the effect of it. Ie about all that would happen is a bit of a spin out and then feeling very very "fluffy" the next day at least.
hmm but this isn't really what you are after so i'll just stop.
The hardest thing to break is the sheer joy and exillaration (sp?) of going out i think. Not much can match it for "fun"
smile.gif

I really think the only way to break it is to go cold turkey for a while. If you try just cutting back, i find you cut back for a few weeks, maybe a month, then you realise you are back amongst it most weekends again.
But it may just be me.....
and just remember, as they say in the classics, "1.21 Giga Watts! Great Scott!"
H-C
- Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

I did a couple of months of doing pills and the occasional bit of speed on the weekends. When I stopped and had a break the main problems I had was I felt tired and run down, I had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep and when I did get a good nights sleep it felt like I hardly slept at all. The only other problem I can remember having was really bad headaches after my first weekend of my break.

hmmm well i am just starting a 2-3 month break from it all. must see how that goes.
damn now if only i didn't have this 1/2oz of weed still to lure me.. hmmm and those 4 pills...
oh well good test of my mental strength
smile.gif

H-C
PS i give myself about 3 hours
wink.gif

I have gone periods in my life when I have smoked pot on a nightly frequency for 2-3 year stretches, I have found that the major initial problem I have is sleeping. I find myself mind racing awake till ungodly hours off the morning , but this only lasts usually for 2-3 nights this is also acompanied by night sweats. This reaction makes me seriously question those that say pot is not physically adictive I think over long periods you do form a mild physical addiction.
One of the bonuses is you have very vivid dreams, I have read this is because your alpha wave activity increases as it is no longer being used as much during waking hours( being stoned sends alpha waves into a frenzy).
The thing I love about going cold turkey is after a couple of days the feeling that the fog has lifted, the return of motivation, and after a couple of weeks Hello short term memory!.
But obviously the psycological addiction is much stronger as I always return to it, I no longer go such long periods being consistantly stoned (my smoking has always been a nightly thing, Ive never been to work stoned) but it is not unknown for me to sit back and go 'shit Ive been stoned every night for a 2 weeks now' and I give myself 2 or 3 weeks off.(mild insomnia and night sweats for one night follow).
The problem is most of the time I do really enjoy being stoned its a great release at the end of the day, I just hate it when any part of my drug taking developes into habit!
I think Evan Dando of the Lemonheads summed it up perfectly in one of his songs with the line.
'Don't wanna get stoned, but I don't want to not get stoned'.
------------------
flip
Don't fight it, feel it!
[This message has been edited by flip (edited 19 August 2000).]

I gave my friend MJ up on january 1st this year after a turbulent 4 year relationship. Although I believe it was a positive step I became quite a different person for a while. Without pot I became noticably crankier and pickier, in the sense that I started to pick un-necessary arguements and find things about my boyfriend that previously didn't bother me annoying. It affected our relationship.
I know for many people giving up pot provokes many a pleasant personality change but for me it seemed to uncover a niggling psychological edge. Luckily I identified the problem.
Other than that I had sleeping difficulties for a while but now 8 months on I have really vivid dreams which made it worthwhile.
I stopped doing goee for a while because my growing tolerance was becoming expensive. I found it pretty damn difficult, it was frequently in my thoughts and I slipped whenever I was around anyone racking up. It also made me really cranky and moody and I became a bit depressed.
Finally after a night of total-rort rip-off gear I decided it wasn't worth it, the frustration of multiple in-effective lines was enough to dispell much of my future cravings.

Hi All,
I must admit that when i quit MJ i had a lot of the same symptoms as everyone else but especially the sweats, i can make it to the end of the day without sweating but get to about 10 to 5 and ill start to drip with sweat...
however i dont believe this is a direct result from the drug, this is an addiction to the lifestyle. It's just getting used to doing the same thing and your body keeps reminding you that you could be doing something better!
smile.gif

When it comes to bikkies, that is a different story, i have only recently begun to munch em down (Early April) but since then i have had about 60 pills, that becomes much more of an addiction than MJ, but it is as what was said by some1 b4 you get a bit carried away with the fun of it all.
I feel down when i havent had an e for a few days, lately i have been able to get onto a heap of mitsa's so it has been good, but i couldnt imagine a full week without them...
But the way i figure it is this, If i HAVE to quit i would but for now im havin the time of my life!!
Long Live Ecstasy
------------------
*ShamS*
If you try and don't succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught. Then lie.

hahahahaha
- does that Crocodile Dundee "put the water buffalo to sleep" trick to calm Soma down
wink.gif
-

Ahh the downside!
Well I have self tested myself with a variety of different things in a variety of set and settings. Overall mood at that period of life does to a large extent dictate withdrawl symptoms etc (for me anyway). With hooch it is the first night or so lack of sleep problem, with the whizz it is more of a physical withdrawl, tiredness etc...in larger prolonged dosages it becomes more of a mental thing then. With the pills its more emotional, notice the highs and lows more for a couple of weeks, often have trouble sleeping too, which I think is linked to 5htp and seratonin levels. Have also had gut problems which I think is linked to seratonin (although not proven) too. seratonin is used in gut muscles for digestive action.
Done a fair bit of 'research with other things too' but don't wanna bore ya!
smile.gif

Aus

yes happy camper, tool are very cool.
also i agree that for me the most addictive thing is actually going out. if i spend a friday night at home by myself i am so reved up to go out saturday.
also if you are craving an 'e' don't watch human traffic whatever you do !

Auswavrider said "serotonin is used in gut muscles for digestive action".
Are you sure? Where have you read this?
I know what you mean about sore guts but I find this is from taking 5HTP on an empty stomach.
Sorry I don't have anything to add just now on the topic but was interested in the 5htp stuff.
Out

oxygen gets you high, no one cares when they are high, i wish high was the standard for society!!
------------------
I'm Happy