Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bulbs- nitrous- Woolworths remove from shelves in NSW

pinger

Bluelighter
from SPRACI at http://www.spraci.com/news/simon/woolbulb.shtml
Woolworths and other retailers have recently removed cream bulbs and soda siphon cartidges from sale in their NSW stores following a ban on their sale to under-16 year olds effective from the end of July.
"In the interest of our customers Woolworths have decided to remove syphon bulbs from sale as it is illegal to sell them to minors," a Woolworths spokesperson said.
The products remain available for over-16s at a variety of other outlets including hardware stores and discount variety stores.
The NSW Department of Fair Trading announced the ban in May following the serious injury of a number of youngsters who had exposed the devices to heat, resulting in dangerous explosions.
Nitrous oxide bulbs are known to be used by people for the quick high the anaesthetic gives. They are used though soda siphons or whipped cream siphons without the water or cream from which the gas is inhaled. Carbon dioxide bulbs produce no effect and may be quite dangerous.
The most dangerous aspect of nitrous oxide use is the lack of oxygen. Never place a bag over your head or anything else which may stop you from breathing if you choose to use nitrous oxide. Always have a friend nearby if you use it.
More information about nitrous oxide can be found at Erowid.
SPRACI is not aware of any similar bans in other states. Please let us know if you have more information.
aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhH!!!!

what the fuck are kiddies doing wrecking our fun by throwing them into fire.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!
H-C
PS Lucky i am not in NSW
smile.gif

I remember being an eager 15 yr old trying to convince the old hag at Franklins to sell em to me:
"Nah lady, I swear, they're for me mum!"
"Oh, these ballons in my hand? We're having a party" [true
smile.gif
] Sadly i never owned a bulberator...

Yeah, I would have to say that I may have contributed to the removal of these little beauties - me and my mates used to love using bulbs to blow away wooden letterboxes every weekend, even got in the local paper as the "Letterbox Bandits" I think we were called!!!
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last
[This message has been edited by cAmmAc (edited 14 August 2000).]

Oh, me thinks you know exactly what they called you...
Honestly mate, why share your prepubescent male fantasies with rest of the world?
We aint in the playground anymore...
who to impress?
------------------
Reach for the stars!

Sonicboom....what are 15 year old exploits good for if not to tell everyone what you used to get up to??
Chill out
[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 14 August 2000).]

SonicBoom: I believe Cammac was relating an anecdote---you know those things, like, funny story, duh? I don't quite think it was a prepubescent fantasy...why be so harsh?
frown.gif

Chill out SonicBoom
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

There are alot of other things at Woolies which will blow up if you heat them up, are they going to remove them too?
Anyway I have been able to get some from Franklins but not all their stores, what hardware stores can you get them at?
------------------
"Curiouser and curiouser!"

... Hmmm I was using the soda bulbs and not the whipped cream ones for my letter box shananagans when I was a lad
smile.gif

*** ->> BODY OF MESSAGE DELETED AS REQUESTED <<- ***
...and thus I replace with a simple statement
wink.gif
wink.gif

WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS
[This message has been edited by Soma (edited 15 August 2000).]

Soma I'm shocked, why I never....*shakes his head in disgust*...hehehehe
wink.gif
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Haha, the funniest thing in the world is watching a letter box sparkle then fly apart
smile.gif

My friends (no really
smile.gif
) made some and strapped circuit boards to the side so they'd look better. They proceeded to blow up letter boxes then sit in the park and throw smaller bombs randomly around. Meanwhile the cops found the letter boxes with circuit board peices and figured they were dealing with people who were remotely blowing up letter boxes. They were surrounded by cops and taken away
smile.gif

Poor little guys
smile.gif

on topic, i don't think this bulb thing will affect anyone anyway. hahaha, picture 15 yr old kids standing out the front,,,,ah excuse me sir could you please buy me some nangs?

soma, that post makes me really nervous. Could you delete it please. I know its a terrible oxymoron but I dont want people coming here finding out how to make bombs. Its just something we could get in trouble for. Thanks - Horse

SonicBoom, back in yer box matey!!!
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

I think that nitrous oxide is one of the most underrated and powerful hallucinogens around. So many excellent pills have been further enhanced by nitrous- a relaxant and stimulant all at once.
It will be sadly missed...

Oh man. Its just woolworths. Go check out your local independant grocer or a catering supply shop.