• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is your using a problem in your relationship?

greenmitsa

Bluelighter
Hey ppl I was wondering
1: how many BL are in relationships (serious commented relationships).
2: does your gf or bf uses
3: and to they like or hate the fact that you drop.
4: dose it cause problems
As for me 1: yes 2: no
3: she pretty much hates it.
4: not yet but I think i will in time
I want to not if any one else is in the same type of situation and if so is it a problem in the relationship.
Any info would b a great help coz im worry that it may become an issue.
PS to mods I did a search b4 posting and nothing.
------------------
Thanks really!

heylo!
im not sure if my post is gonna help but i'll try anyways...
bcos im currently in a pretty ideal r'ship where i actually met my bf while rolling together, im gonna tell u 1 of my buddies' situation.
his gf hates the stuff we do. bcos when we start, we go on fer days... they werk it out like this-
he stays straight on weekdays on spends ALL his time wif her.
once friday hits, she goes off on her own wif her pals, n he starts rolling wif us. this usually goes on till sunday nite. or sumtimes thru to the following weekdays if we have nuthing important to do.
im not sure if hes happi wif this situation, or if she is, fer dat matter.
but i do noe she has been complaining abit now n then, bcos sumtimes he skips a weekend wif us.
on a more personal basis, i would much rather be wif a person whos into the same stuff dat i do. fer me, its important to feel dat "connection", dat same state of mind frame while rolling together. n its not jus the fact dat we do drugs together, bcos sum pple get into different wave lengths even tho they're both rolling/on the same stuff.
has yer gf tried it b4? would it be possible to introduce it to her, n perhaps get her to like it? im not sure if its a gd thing morally... but i do noe dat having a S/O who connects wif me so well is the mos blissful thing fer me rite now...
best wishes!
*hugs & waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

We have a few different situations in our little group.
I am engaged, and my fiance does it too, so that part is cool.
One of my good mates has recently stopped coming out with us all together because his girlfriend doesn't like it. To me this is bullshit. If she can't accept him for who he is, then she shouldn't be with him. Why should he have to change for her?
Anyway, then we have another friend - his girlfriend hates him doing drugs and doesn't do them herself. However, she lets him go out and doesn't complain at all. This is something I really admire. All she asks is that he be careful and not fuck himself up too bad. He is lucky because they are very close, and she accepts what he does even though she doesnt like it.
So I guess, it can cause problems, but if it is a big problem, then the g/f b/f isn't really worth it. If you cant be accepted for who you are then....

Well I'm in a pretty stable relationship myself, and before i was going out with my boyf, we clubbed together as friends. But he'll never touch the stuff, cos he thinks it's wrong, but i've made it clear that i dont want to give it up, but i also wont go overboard, so he accepts it. But he always wants to "look after me" while i'm rolling so "nothing happens". Sometimes it's bad because you can only last so long clubbing straight, and i can go til the next day. So most of the time i have to get dragged to leave early, when i dont really want to.
I'd really want to introduce it to him, at least once, so he can just understand the effects... and know more of it's safety and dangers, but meanwhile, he still won't go near it.... i'll see what happens at NYE, hehe...

Whilst you make some productive points Voodoo Chilie I think acceptance is based on your own perception of drug use or how and in what environment you chemically extend yourself.
I suppose with E (especially) you can categorise into basically two forms, the recreational user that likes to take every now and then but basically lives a 'normal' (by society's perception (please don't turn this into a 'what is normal' discussion, been there done that too many times!)), and the avid user who sees themselves as part of the "E" culture and very much identifies with the "scene" and makes it part of their every day life.
I suppose there is also another, which is a heavyish (in society's standards) (ab)user of mind altering substances, that has E in their repitior(sp?), but doesn't necessarily identify with the 'rave' culture. Rave in a broad sense, including hard clubbing (like revolver and QBH and lounge). Users like this may typically enjoy E in the comfort of their own home with friends (something I'm yet to enjoy, but eager too - Sure I enjoy raves but I'd like another setting sometime).
Now. Where partners fit into this I suppose depends on what type of user group you fit into. I would fit into the first. I'm tertiary educated, (usually) full-time employed, am about to have interviews with firms such as Ernst and Young, and Deloitte's Consulting for the next step in my IT career.
Having been in a full time relationship, taking E and living this lifestyle it is basically a matter of compromise (which I suppose all relationships are... well.. you GET a lot of things from it but you have to compromise sometimes...). In this situation where the drugs/entertainment thing isn't the main focus for your lifestyle and your partner is accepting/intelligent enough to understand your chemical recreation then I don’t think there will be much of a problem as long as you are both comfortable and compromises can still be made.
In the second case I believe your partner will have to be basically part of ‘the scene’ or be amazingly understanding. It would take a strong personality to continue a relationship if (and again I use myself as an example) I worked full time, 8.30-6-8pm, sometimes some sat’s, come home, cook dinner watch a bit of tellie or jump on the computer. Then weekends disappear in a haze of clubs/raves, E, speed, cones etc) only to start work again Monday. You don’t get much ‘quality’ time unless your partner lives with you or goes out with you. You basically don’t get time to do anything else.
If you are the student or unemployed type then you can either look at it as “Fuck this is one huge party and I’m going ballistic until I get a job and settle down some”, or “This will now become the way of life for me, my partner will have to be accepting of who I am and identify with the scene if I am to have a serious relationship”. In the ‘party’ instance I cannot realistically believe you will have one of those relationships that will go on and on, sure you may have some meaningful ones but they will just be ‘play’ relationships. You know it. I know it. Its cool, been there its fun. Its not going to last. Don’t accept it, pull down the haze of denial and enjoy
smile.gif
The second instance I suppose a relationship isn’t really going to work unless your partner is part of the scene. If not then you will either have to change your lifestyle (well it has been done… love is fairly potent I suppose!) or move on. If neither of you can either accept or compromise then this probably isn’t the relationship for. Accept it.
The last instance I can’t really comment on except I suppose to have a good stab at it.
I suppose due to the illicitness of drugs and especially the profound experiences of the psychedelic’s will (hmmmm… ‘limit’ is not a good word here but I’m using it anyway) limit the circle of people you move about in, especially those that you fully disclose what sort of lifestyle you lead. To the extreme you will live out of a comby van, eat lentils, smell and say ‘man’ a lot. More moderately though it will just mean you move in circles that are interesting and more open minded than your ‘suit and tie’ or ‘mum and dad’s’. In this case your partner would have to fit well into these stereotypes otherwise the chances may be slim of sustaining a working relationship.
...well that was my stab. There are a lot of ‘maybe’s and ‘perhaps’s and the like in there. I would welcome comment, feel free to rip me apart constructively – its all good.

HAHA! Oh dear...I'm a rather bad boy.
I started going out with a nice girl who wasn't THAT innocent, but she had never done any hard drugs before. You know, just drinking and a few dexies. But I have been a bad influence and over 5 months she has had Psilocybin, LSD, MDMA and K...But hey, whe was going to do it anyway. It's good that we're in it together because I can educate her and make sure that her young and stupid frineds don't misinform her and give her stupid things.
Recently a group of these 'friends' decided that they would go tripping, so had half a tab of LSD then decided it wasn't doing enough, so got drunk, then took a bunch of mersyndol and went on a search through mums medicine cabinet. I can say that they are very lucky nothing serious happened. I am glad that I had met her early enough and she didn't partake in this irresponsible behaviour.
So we are happy doing things together. She won't try a new substance without me now. This makes me happy.
smile.gif

Lost In Love.....
DB

hi all.
well...um...the answer to your question is yes and no. the girl i am going out with was an awsome(ly) good friend b4 we went out and one of my favourite party/pill popping buddies....sooo...i guess there is no problem there cos we both like getting as wrecked as each other...sometimes tho i feel guilty cos i have to have more 'stuff' to get as wrecked as she is...she has that gift we all want...naturally low tolerance
smile.gif
lucky her...we've only been going out for just over a month, but it feels like longer because of our previous friendship...and it's pretty serious
biggrin.gif

now a problem arises sometimes in acquiring things....as we try and organize the stuff together, it can result in some tension because we all know that things never go as planned/expected with that stuff...but we don't let it get to us...
sooooo...i guess all's good...but i completely agree with u greenmitza...we all have to be very careful when it comes to drugs and relationships because it can get in a way of relationships/friendships...and that is not good...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Soma, I understand what you are saying and agree. However, I guess all I was trying to say is that I dont think that this guys girlfriend should do the 'stop doing all drugs or we aren't together'.
Now this friend did e and a bit of speed maybe once a month. Now I dont class that as a lot, and I dont think she has the right to try to change the person he is. It wasn't just a case of no more drugs, it was also a case of no more clubbing full stop. This is not right, and I think he too is to blame for just accepting this without questioning why or trying to change her mind.
She should accept that clubbing is a part of his life, and she shouldn't try to change it. She doesn't have to like it, but she shouldnt stop him from doing what he loves.

teehee..Soma..man, where's the combi - christ that lentil curry was good...
wink.gif

but i digress...
my husband and i both started doing e's together, and the majority of the time, we do it at home, with a few close friends. we cherish these times together, candles..funky music..the chenille throw rug..oooh, i just get goosebumps thinking of the chenille...sorry, gone off track again.
however, there is an 'acquaintence' (i won't call him a friend as i don't use that term lightly) of ours, who is married, with a baby; what his wife doesn't know is that he regularly partakes in 'skullduggery', ie dropping e's at various times with friends, totally unbeknownst to her - I'm just waiting for the crash and burn, which will inevitably happen. they have broached the subject of it together, and she has indicated that she's not happy with taking e's, however, he has never come clean about his habits - i think this is appalling to say the least, i believe that his wife doesn't really know the person she's married to, considering the frequency of his events.
We have another friend who has recently become serious about someone who has never tried e's, and believes that 'drugs are bad, mmmkay' - he was seriously in a dilemma as to whether to pursue this relationship, because he loves to have the occasional 'e' with us - I told him that drugs can come and go.. a real connection with someone doesn't come around that often. His girlfriend told us that we were stupid for taking drugs, we responded with, how do you know unless you try - her response, I'm too scared to take drugs because I know I'll like them..!! hmmmmmmm.... so,
my opinion is - Having someone that you can do e's with is WONDERFUL, but not the be all and end all..

1. Yes
2. Yes...Now, but before NEVER
3. Loves every minute of our drop!
4. The only problem is a monetary one! Need more to get more!! he he
Soma...Interesting you should use the term 'suit and tie'. E&Y ---> HUGE suit and tie place! DT --> another HUGE suit and tie place! Not knocking you, I too am in the IT industry. In my current job it's casual all the way unlike the suit and tie in the previous place. But why do you say "more interesting" than these types? Have you ever wondered how many ppl in a suit and tie environment actually do illicits? In my previous job I would estimate that *just* under 50% would be into the e's, lsd, thc and any other combination of characters! And this was in a banking environment.......
BTW, do they do "testing" at E&Y, DT before you become an employee?

1. Yes
2. Not at all, i doubt she ever will, i won't force her to try something she doesn't want, but i leave it open if she wants to try
3. Not really hating what i do, a bit more of fear of the unknown i guess, but concern for me is very comforting
4. Um, yes and no, nothing major though
My current gf was a longtime friend before we became whatever it is we have now. She isn't into the rave/drugs scene, nor does she particularly like techno music, but i'd like to think that we have a bit more of a connection than that.
smile.gif

A lot of people seem suss, when i say she's goin here to do this, drink alcohol and see a band, while i go out, take drug/s, dance all nite and crash'n'burn the next day. People seem to think that if you aren't connected at the hip, then you can't be happy/in love/content whatever... and personally, i think that's bullshit.
We do a lot of stuff together, and occasionally having a saturday night apart doesn't do either of us and harm. She knows about my use, and i am completely honest with how much of what and where with her. She is fine with my use, as i have explained where and what i would do, and i don't lie.
The only resistance from her is that i promise that i'll obey her two rules
1. Be careful
2. Have fun
Well, i do that quite easily
smile.gif
, so atm, i don't think its causing many problems and i hope it doesn't cause problems in the future, cause that just shows a weak foundation of the relationship, especially if i have been honest from day one.
SupaspeeD

Hey GhOst
Yeah I’ve been talking to her about the fact that I’d like her to try it but at the same time its not me to push my thing(s) on any else and lets be honest we are talking about drugs here, (I do honestly believe that E is the safety is use “carefully” but that another thread) by I don’t wont to be responsible is she becomes an every weekend girl (E my not be that bad but at the very lest partying hard all the time takes it out of you and she not the healthiest person in the world anyway) sorry ppl just over protective I’m the bf shit I guess.
Voodoo Chile
in definitely hear that ---“ If she can't accept him for who he is, then she shouldn't be with him. Why should he have to change for her?”
I guess I’m lucky coz at lest she dose come out with me when I roll and I can share at lest some part of it with her.
ami
your right about only last so long clubbing straight—she only (ok not really her fault) spoiled me nite coz she when to sleep in the car and I was all loved-up and just want to be really be with her.
Soma
1st-------WOW
ok, I like to say that I’m part of the "scene". E is definitely a big part of my life in fact I never who of gone out with her is it where for E. But I guess I’m only a Rec. User as I pretty much only take at event and other time I class worth. So by your post I’m going to make it
DB
Maybe if I intro her to E things will go that way
Hamlet
Thank – hope thing keep on getting better 4 the 2 of you
Voodoo Chile
She ain’t doing the 'stop doing all drugs or we aren't together' she just does want me to damage myself. Attachment is a beautiful thing.
rockee
one word for that guy Asshole
Having someone that you can do e's with is WONDERFUL, but not the be all and end all..
Your 100%
And my gf is a bit I think I’ll like them
SupaspeeD
That it you and I got to meet at TT you understand
GreenAlien
I just don’t want to leave you out.
Thanks everyone
------------------
Rock and Roll-a!!!!!

a suggestion for people with significant others ----
show BL to them. if they are worried about your safety then let them see how responsibly you use your E.
u guys probly aready figured this out for yourselves but its here just in case it serves to ignite that lightbulb above someones head
smile.gif

Well, honestly, for me, it depends on the relationship...
If it serious, it comes down to, 'Do they just wanna change me into something Im not' or 'Do I want to change cause I love this person'...
So, if you really love 'em and know you can handle quitting for your lover, then you should do it!
Follow your heart, it aint corrupted by the modern world
smile.gif

Good luck!
smile.gif

------------------
Reach for the stars!

heylo greenmitza!
*HUGs to u n yer grrl*
i think tony's suggestion is excellent. get her onto BL, show her n teach her everything. let her noe as much as possible. n if she wans to give it a try jus to noe wat its like, all the better! im not saying to make her into a hardcore partying animal, esp not if shes not exactly the healthiest person. im saying, if she gives it a try jus to experience it, n see dat its not as bad as society percieves, then she will be more understanding n be assured dat u noe wat u r doing. n who noes, she might join u fer a roll now n then!
good luck!
*waves little paws*
>'.'<
------------------
~littleHKlaserTriPPeR~

I have a bf of 3 1/2 years...we had an "e honeymoon" for the first year or so where we would roll together at home lots and sometimes out at clubs.
He's not really into it anymore, and will only roll a few times a year, but it doesn't worry me...I still roll with my friends whenever I want to, and he has no problem with it (he even lends me the money when I need it
smile.gif
)
We're definitely not as close now as when we used to roll together lots...but I think a lot of that is to do with what he replaced his pill usage with (ie: pot and alcohol).
I could never be in a relationship with someone who didn't have the same attitude towards drugs as me...especially since I cannot tolerate drunk or stoned people very well.
The only problem I've ever had with his usage of ecstasy was a few weeks ago when he took his first pill in ages when he knew I couldn't have one. (I asked him to save it for another time so we could roll together, but he wouldn't
frown.gif
)

I'm lucky, my now wife and i started dropping at the same time and we always drop together. Whats great is that we both understand the effects of the drugs and there is never any guilt or anger over things that might happen when we are dropping, and we are there for each other on the comedown.

fat tony
your right and im a idiot for not ever thinking of it.
SonicBoom
I love her but I think that if she really loves me then she would not try to change me.
GhOst
As I said above im a idiot for not ever thinking of it (showing her BL b4) but I have email her with stuff form, eg there was a link to a transcript of a conference in the USA the am MD was give both views.
E Bee
if things go bad with my gf the next will be a roller for sure.
Anyway to you think that not being as close now as when you used to roll together is causing problems
Taximan
Bastard-sorry just --- its not fair. You r very lucky. say hi to here form greenmitsa.
Ps is she a BL-er?
------------------
Rock and Roll-a!!!!!

Ah, the joys of being in an auto-erotic relationship. I'm comfortable with my drug use, and I always go rolling with myself. I'm always there for me on the come-down, and I make sure that if I feel that there is a problem developing, i'll talk it over with myself. Oh, and the sex is good on a come-down.
------------------
Reg:"You wanna have babies?????"
Stan:"It's my right as a man."
Reg:"But you can't have babies."
Stan:"Don't you oppress me!"
Reg:"I'm not oppressing you Stan, you haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus going to gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?"

I met my bf 3.5yrs ago at a drug dealers house so no problems with drug taking in our relationship. We have lots of fun when we pill (or more often speed) together. The biggest problem is getting him to come to a party with me because he's been partying for 10 years so he's like 'been there done that'(but he always ends up having a great time when i drag him out to parties)!!!