Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

speed tolerance?

dangermouse

Bluelighter
i'm sure i could find the answer to this on the web somewhere but i'd like personal experience thrown in..
do you develop a tolerance towards speed (ie. the amphetamine commonly sold on the streets) as you do towards mdma?
------------------
..dangermouse..
.you've gotta lose it.
.to find it.

you most certainly do... I used it daily at one stage and ended up stopping coz it'd take ridiculous amounts to get any effect.
Interestingly the tolerance 'seems' to have stayed with me to an extent, because after a long period with out it I find I still had quite a tolerance to it.

yes dangermouse ive realised this is true from some people i know, went from an occasional dose 2 more than four times a week 2 everyday 2 banging it in the end due to not getting what they wanted from it anymore. But then again, its the same with most drugs really!

i'm currently on 5mg of amphetamine a day(and about 15mg/day on some weekends ;P)
i'll bump this post in a month or so with first hand exp on tolerance

OK, I know this is a bit OT, and I know I have seen this in a thread somewhere (did a search - couldnt find it), but does anyone know how long you can keep cut speed before it starts to lose its potency. I am talking about just keeping it in a little baggie - I just want to know if it is worth buying an 8 ball or if it will 'go off' too quickly.
Thanks guys!

I just thought about it. All these kiddies out there that love necking a really good pill (read sarcasm) are infact not building up a tolerance to MDxx but rather a tolerance to speed!
So if some day they get ripped off, and are given a really shit sm*cky pill by their dealer, they'll be fucked - the lucky bastards!

hey Voodoo Chile
in answer to your 'how long does speed keep" Q. my 2c's worth is this - depends on what u actually have, crystal meth. ('white') will keep for a lot longer than the beige looking gear, which i wouldn't keep more than a couple of weeks. oh, and keep it in the fridge (in something moisture proof) - anything over 20 degrees is bad news.
Poppit in Perth

I would definately have to agree that your body develops a tolerance to speed. In my personal experience, this happened pretty fuckin quickly too. I had only been using speed regularly for about 3 weeks (8-Ball a week), but I've basically given it away cause it's not doin anything except clearing my sinuses...damn expensive way to breathe better if u ask me
wink.gif
I also stopped cause it was significantly reducing the effects of mdma on me.
Im inclined to agree with dil8dpupil, though...excess consumption/abuse of any drugs will help build faster tolerance.
Moral of the story: Use drugs wisely and respect them, and in turn they will respect you. Overdo it and your wasting your money and your brain.
peace...

yeah asymmetry and i have been doing more speed and saving the e for the special occasions, and we are definately noticing tolerance effects. mostly asym complaining that he's not feeling anything, and we start going on bout how the gear was weak, when it was prolly good stuff.
just another question.. how much does speed tolerance effect a roll, and how long does that effect last? cuz if we wanted to have a really nice roll w/ some good pills, does anyone know how long we'd have to stay off of speed to get rid of the tolerance thing?
smilez everyone
smile.gif

Thanks Poppit - yeah, our stuff is pure white, and it seems to keep for a reasonable time. I was trying to decide whether or not to buy an 8-ball to save money. I dont use heaps of speed, and wouldnt want it to 'go off'. I think I will give it a try though.
Thanks,
luv Voods

This may sound like a silly question, but iam gonna ask it anyway. Does speedy bikkies with little/no traces of MDxx use up any seritonin? Therefore if i was to have an MDxx pill this weekend, would it be safe to assume that the previous week technially would not have counted as i only had speed and my seritonin levels would not have been affected?

Speed does not use up seritonin levels, so if u take a pill that is just speed it will not affect your seritonin levels. If it also has mdxx in it though it will effect ya seritonin levels. Speed releases dopamine in the brain, correct me if i am wrong. I believe taking a speed pill can therefore be classed as a weekend off of mdxx. I dont think your seritonin levels would grow back as fast after a weekend of speeding though.
I pill that tests orange and has no traces of black in it is just speed, yes or no?
Because I was planning on taking a pill that tested orange this weekend in order to have a break from mdxx.

Thanks Phase...

As I was saying...

Was wanting to know if tolerance is reversible or not, if so what sort of time frames are we talking about. I am thinking in the way of it being reversible (based on my past THC experience) but was interested to see if anyone has some accurate info.

:)

i was using speed for a while and it got to the point that 0.5 - 1g of meth was enough to get me going, but it would wear off quickly. stopping for a year made it so i could smoke/snort well under a point once more - but if i kept at it, say, doing it again the week after, my tolerance would quickly grow again. thesedays i take it every so often and never more than a couple of points. i know its just a short stint and im back to where i was.

In my experience, speed tolerance is something that builds quickly, and takes a damn long time to go away (if at all) :\

^ what sort of usage regime are you referring to daily, weekly etc with little to no extended breaks in between or just random usage with no pattern?

^its all correlated. the more you use and the shorter the time-frame, the faster it builds.

Thanks Kemical. So, I guess it is the tolerance factor that presents the individual with a choice as to where to go next:-

1. Just give up and get over it never to return; or
2. Keep using more and more until it destroys you.