Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Angel Dust

BuckE

Bluelighter
weeeeeellllll, on saturday night me and my mate brody got a lift from frantic freeland to billboards by a couple of guys he met that day (some bluelighters -- meth, spiral, anth, DAQ -- will recall me getting me head stuck in the car window as i yelled as we went by, hehehehe).
one of the guys i talked to as we sat in a carpark waiting (what we, and the others guys friends were waiting for is beyond me, i think they just had to figure out what they were doing and, being wasted at the time, this took awhile) whipped out a baggie with shitloads of white powdery substance in it. He read the 'WOW' reaction in my eyes but said 'this isn't what you think it is. it's not speed or coke or mdma.'
he proceeded to explain that it was angel dust, and told me that it retailed for $380 or $480 a gram (i forget which one, but i'm pretty sure he said $480).
i'm wondering what people can tell me about the drug; where it comes from, confirmation on how much it costs, it's circulation (seems to be quite rare), personal experiences etc. etc.
the guy shouted us a line each, and the effects were nice, kind of light headed and wavy. he also said something like: "in about half an hour you're heart beat will go intensly fast for about five seconds but you'll be fine, thought i'd warn you about it so you didn't panic, you'll probably be chatting away or peaking and you won't notice it anyway" Anyone know what all this was about? if it happened, i didn't notice anything...
cheers.
BuckE
"I used to be with it, but they changed what _it_ was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary..." Abe Simpson
[This message has been edited by BuckE (edited 07 August 2000).]

The stuff you're looking at is known as angel dust, and its chemical name is phencyclidine, or PCP. It's classed on erowid as a cyclohexamine (erowid PCP link here), and is of the dissociative class of drugs (same group as ketamine). What follows is a summary of information and a couple of links to help you gain more.
PCP is commonly ingested orally, or smoked with tobacco, or marijuana (dusted dope). Onset of major effects (lycaeum trip reports link here) in 40-60 mins ingested, or 2-5 minutes when smoked. Most noticeable primary effects are dissociation (prolonged floating, dreaminess, perceived elongation of limbs, detachment of head) on a background of sensory numbness.
Usually later in the 'trip' delusions of grandeur are common, and feelings of intense superhuman strength are experienced (which when combined with an oblivious to pain often results in users causing damage to themselves and others). The analgesia and dissociation causes users to often experience an immunity to fear, and intoxicated users have been known to break handcuffs and fearlessly attempt to confront large numbers of police, attempt to stop trains by standing in front of them, jump from windows or cliffs, etc (at moderate to high doses).
Other links: DEA PCP link, USENET information from alt.drugs (via lycaeum).
As always, please take care and exercise moderation, some people react badly to dissociative anaesthetics.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

"The bus doesn't stop at this stop..."
"OH YES IT DOES!"
....screeeeeeeeeeeech!!

Ive heard of it but have never had the oppurtunity to get my hands on any..
How widely available is it ?

aparently some guy, ripped the skin off his face while he was on that stuff....
cant remember why, i got it in an email, and there was a picture of a guy with no skin! yuk!
anyway..

Yeah Ive got that CD it rocks!!!!!!!!!
oh your talk about the other angel dust. (hehe)

Oh thats right
there is a chem i haven't tried and want to.
Never seen any in Perth, it'd probably get sold as something else anyway

I think it's fairly uncommon in Australia, and you'd want to be sure about what you're getting - to the untrained eye, white powder is white powder, no?

Dragon. he cut it off and fed it to his dog I heard eewww
[This message has been edited by eds-hed (edited 08 August 2000).]

yeah man i see that.
go the pcp, im down the minute i can get any.
"smoke dust, shoot the cops, give out automatics to your friends on the block" - Cage

LOL at the face ripping off thing
smile.gif

Havent we all heard those rumours about every drug we know anything about. How many times have you heard the one about the guy on acid who thought he was Mr pototo head and he tried to peel himself with a pototo peeler. Hate to say this , but Ive had acid and Id sorta be a little uncomfortable doing that, let alone even knowing what the hell a pototo peeler is
smile.gif
Umm yeah maybe some people do all these stupid things but geeze they must be nuts in the first place.
[This message has been edited by Nickstar (edited 08 August 2000).]

actually, the guy who gave us the lines was telling me about how sometimes when he was on the stuff and smoking a cigarette, the skin from his lips would travel with the cigy butt when he took it out of his mouth. freaky. i suggested that he wet the butt before he put it in his mouth but he just looked at me weirdly. :p
many thanks BigTrancer, i conducted numerous searches but didn't knowing the drugs official term so thats why i didn't find anything. and there doesn't seem to be much info available on this drug at all, i suppose it's gone out of fashion or never was in fashion.
BuckE

BuckE...I loved your response to his lips/ciggy thing! hehe cute.
But ...have you heard about those weird people that smoke marijuana, then they all go round killing people... oh..no, hang on..that's Reefer madness...damned du pont propaganda...!
Angel dust was the sort of drug you read about in Go Ask Alice and Valley of the Dolls..those old seventies faves...

I guess the next question would be what colour, if any, would the tester show up?
Angel Dust is the drug that often got on CHiPs or Miami Vice... oops showin' me age.
[This message has been edited by Gnome Raver (edited 09 August 2000).]

Is it just me, or are all thinking where we can get our hands on it now?
hehe
smile.gif
Jaff
------------------
"That's exactly right!!! You hit the nail on the timber"