Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Your safe place.

josh_nexus

Bluelighter
I was thinking this morning about how much I love my bed. It is the one place in the whole world where I feel safe from everything. When I am in bed no-one can insult me, fight me or for that matter even talk to me if I dont want them too. No matter how bad everything gets it is still there for me and I know I have somewhere to go.

This is very important to me and my sanity. There have been in the past, and will be in the future, times when I simply cannot stand the idea of dealing with anything. During these times it is monumentally reassuring to know that there is a place where I can go, into which the problems of the day cannot follow me. They are still there to be sure, but at least I can allways hide out until I've gathered my thoughts.

Where is your safe place? Do you have a safe place? Why do you find that that place feels so much safer than everywhere else?

:)

My safe place was once my home (I live with my folks in it)

Unfortunately, after an abuse of my privacy, I no longer consider it safe. I no longer have a physical safe place.
I just retreat inside my head and try to overwhelm myself with sensations distant to those that displease me

Apart from my bed ... there's a rock down the end of the beach I've spent a fair chunk of my life at. Hardly anyone walks up that end of the beach so it's nice and quiet and I just find it really clears my head to sit up there for half an hour, just watching the waves.

Mine would have to be in my car either somewhere on the other side of the river or just driving... i like driving.

i dont have a physical place that i can call my safe place, but anywhere i go with my iPod blaring music is a safe enough place for me. music gives me that mindspace that i need to survive.

The beach in general.

As long as the weather is great I head down there and am instantly soothed.

The sound of seagulls, the gentle roll of crashing surf and the warmth of the sun.

I have a certain beach i go to which has reasonably good surf, barely any litter and not many people. That is my spot.

I love the beach, it is my natural escape from the world.

Mine is Coles.

heh.

I love being at the supermarket. It's not the food, I just like that the supermarket is always normal and I can go there whenever I feel like it.

Clearly I'm finding it a little hard to explain ;)

I kind of find the toilet to be my safe place as well, for the same sort of reason. It's just a normal, average, quiet place that I can go whenever I want to. I quite like hanging out on the toilet.

^^^^ that sucks.........I wouldnt stand for it.

My safe place is just being with a trusted mate anywhere.

Funnily enough my 'safe' place is my office :D

It's not the total santuary it used to be, seeing as the boss' daughter now resides in the office next to mine and likes to interrupt me regularly :X ... but for the most part my office is quiet, secluded (upstairs away from the main part of the building), with internet access... it's the place I ponder a lot of things.

My house is a great place to be too, but I live with a partner and we're always at home together so I'm never really alone there.

my safe place is at home, my parents home.

after being all over the world I can tell you there is nothing like the feeling of coming home and sleeping in your own bed.

^^ yeah same..

though when i'm feeling yuck i tend to find myself at my computer.. it's like my comfort place.. and then i have my comfort doona.. but i'm just waaay sad..

Mum's house, my ex's house (which was also my house for 18 months), my best mates house around the corner, and another friends house.

I call them my 'saftey zones' and I know if anything messes up I'll be ok if I can get to them hahaha

Plus I never seem to have panic attacks there.

It used to be where i live but that has been pretty well shattered, so i guess it's at my friends place or even just the company of good friends.

In the apartment I share with my boy. In bed, falling asleep in his arms.
I just dont feel that same security anywhere else.

My safe place would have to be my bed... If I could take it anywhere with me I would.. Ive spent some good times and bad times in it, but after a while when the anxiety tames down it feels uber safe and its quite cumfory. Also maybe the couch with a group of friends of people I love in the same room as me while Im on the couch.. hmm..

My safe place is the bottom of a jug of beer. Nothing bothers me when I can see that.

The other is a place in the town where I grew up. It's under a huge tree behind a church and it overlooks a lake and farms all the way to the blue mountains. The tree trunk is shaped in a way that makes it look like a seat and I can sit there for hours in the silence just writing or thinking.

My current safe place is in my partner's arms. When I still lived at home I had a safe place out on the rocks at Snapper where I'd sit for hours watching the waves :)

My safe place is my mates house. I knwo that if anything happens - i freak out or watever- just being around the guys sitting in the corner wrapped in a blanket watching them muck around - i feel safe and start to calm down.

I dont feel any pressure - i knwo that they will look out for me no matter how much i fuk up.

inside my head.

i can cure any problem there.

being on a deserted beach or headland also helps this...