Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Biggest Loser

I like this show. Apparently the author of that article doesn't care for it too much ;) but I still find it entertaining.

i thought it was ridiculous that the topic of water weight and muscle mass gain wasn't addressed to these people - and it was really irritating watching them want to give up after only losing a "measly" 2-3 pounds the second week. I mean, honestly no wonder they're fat. To give up that easily is ridiculous.. they all have incredible weight loss in two weeks!

Bump :D
I only recently started watching this show (yeah I know it already ended in the states, and I saw the two winners on Larry King ;)) Anyway it's a pretty interesting show.....seeing those people sweat it out and consistently lose poundage (no matter how little per week!) actually inspire me.

That was my first thought upon seeing the shows opening credits for the FIRST time but um...no, not really. 8)

i loved this show. so many people have the idea that people are fat because they want to be and just don't want to change, it's great to see a show where they put in all they've got to make their lives healthier.

one funny point i noticed though, in their 'i'm doing the show because' statements, the men's were all i want to be able to run after my kids, i'm a doctor and i want to inspire my patients etc, where the women's were 'i want to fit into this dress again, i want to look good at my wedding', much more shallow reasons.

very excited to see the australian version starting next week!

I'm addicted to this show. I find it amazing how much the people can change their image... I find it incredibly shallow in a lot of ways, but still life-enriching in others... its an interesting dichotomy. I also can't wait for the Australian version which starts in about a week :)

CB :)

^^Awesome there is an Australian version , I'd like to see that too. Bah the American reruns here take SO goddamn long I wanna get a DVD or vcd of the entire thing.

WOW, I can't believe the last response was over five years ago! 8o

Sure, this show isn't phenomenal, but it's pretty inspiring to get up off that couch and do something, anything.

This show is definitely one you have to watch from the first episode though--I tried watching it halfway through the season last year, and thought the show sucked. Watched Episode One (of the most recent season?) with my girlfriend the other day and wanted to watch more. :p