Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Prescription MDMA?

SupaspeeD

Bluelighter
I know MDMA was invented by a drug company, Merck. I was just wondering if the product is still available through prescription at all? Merck are still around, i saw some pharmaceutical of their's the other day and it got me thinking.
MDMA prescriptions of pharmaceutical lab quality sounds almost too good to be true. Can anyone provide any info on whether or not it is available/even made by Merck anymore?
Thanks, SD.

Well it's an illegal substance??? So I doubt it very much - prescription or no prescription
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

some shrinks want it made available to them to use in therapy, but other than that the governments have said it has zero medical value, so hence u are not going to get it on prescription.
However there would be some being produced by companies as there are obivously people doing research on MDMA and need a pure source.
Hmm i wonder if they r taking the odd spoonful from the stock every now and again.

i remember hearing about a spanish study on councilling rape victims with the help of a little tender loving mdma

MDMA was never approved for use as anything, ie the Food and Drug autority in america, and equivalent authorities around the world, hadn't even considered it for use for anything, thats why it was unscheduled up until 1985
it was, however, being used by therapists in america fromthe late 70s on, but this use was covert, as it is illegal to use any drug in therapy or medicine that hasnt been approved by the FDA.
so basically it has never been "legal", especially not for any medical use.
interesting historical note: MDMA was first made illegal in England in 1977 (i think)... this was before anyone really knew what it was. the reason? a covert amphetamine manufacturing lab was busted in Wales, and amongst the recipes for meth etc the cops found a recipe for a substance called MDMA... they hadn't heard of it, didn't know what it was, but thought it would be best to ban it just in case.
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

no mdma is unavailable via prescription
its an S8 restricted substance
available by authority for research use only by approved institutions like universities and so forth.
even then u must prove a justified reason for using it and make sure ur study goes thru the ethics committee and all that other regulatory jargon.
how dissapointing huh?
A.

Don't give up... there's hope yet... or so it seems
ecstasy.jpg

Image sourced from http://www.angelfire.com/nv/sneak/E.html
[This message has been edited by Snail (edited 26 July 2000).]
[This message has been edited by Snail (edited 26 July 2000).]

Thanks for the info guys.
I've seen about four or five places on the net to buy MDMA, now all i have to do is get on the ethics commitee at uni
smile.gif

Does anyone know...metaphorically speaking of course...what would happen if i did order a gram of MDMA off the net, at the aforementioned sites without the authorities of ethics commitees and such?
Some sites ask a shitload of questions i'd have no idea how to answer, but maybe it might get mailed?
Anyways, thanks for the info guys...all i can do now is dreeeaaaaamm, dream dream dream, dreeeeeeeam...
------------------
"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs, and insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson