Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Confused about 2CT7 legallity!

Toga

Bluelighter
Is 2CT7 legal in Australia? I have recieved/ read both yes's and no's to this. Johnboy has said both it and 2CT2 are legal in Aus, and as a moderator I tend to believe his opinion, but can anyone clear this up for me once and for all?
------------------
[This message has been edited by Toga (edited 18 July 2000).]

well it's always hard to get a straight answer out of Australian Customs on these matters...
this is as much as i know:
- 2C-T-7 and 2C-T-2 are not on the most recent list of prohibited substances i have seen
- a number of people i know have succesfully imported it into australia from overseas suppliers in a totally above board way and their packages were opened by Customs but let thru.
i think these substances are in a sort of legal limbo... its not illegal to sell, buy or possess, but it may be illegal to consume them as a recreational drug... so no crime is committed until you have taken it, if indeed that is a crime...
the only country to my knowledge which has made these substances illegal is Sweden...
INTERNATIONAL LAWS:
Sweden
2C-T-7 became regulated April 1, 1998. It was not placed in an ordinary schedule, but regulated through a new law, concerning "Compounds dangerous to ones health", a sort of "emergency scheduling", where compounds can be placed while they are investigated for possible classification as narcotics. The maximum sentence for selling or possession of these substances is one year imprisonment, compared to the maximum sentence for drug dealing which is 10 years in Sweden.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ct7/2ct7_law.shtml
here's a warning which is on the erowid site which anyone considering ingesting these substances should read:
research_chems.gif
Chemicals marked by our Experimental Chemicals Symbol should be considered Research Level chemicals. Although some people are willing to ingest these chemicals for their effects, it is not reasonable to assume that these chemical is in any way 'safe' to use recreationally. Although all psychoactive use involves risk, this class of chemicals has undergone virtually no human or animal toxicity studies and there is little to no data on possible long term problems, addiction potential, allergic reactions, or acute overdoses.
Publication of information by Erowid about human use of these chemicals is not intended to endorse theirn on-laboratory use. It is important to remember that reactions to psychoactives vary dramatically from person to person. Extrapolating anything from any single person's experience with a chemical is inappropriate and likely to result in
dangerous and possibly fatal abreactions.
Some reports of use may include extremely glowing "wow"-type experiences. Reports of this nature should not be misunderstood to suggest that they are common nor typical of those who ingest the substance nor that the effects will be pleasant or desirable.
Users should consider carefully before choosing to work with these substances.
Q: Why are chemicals like 2C-T-7 more "research chemicals" than MDMA or LSD?
A: The question of what is and what is not an experimental chemical is mostly a question of how many people have tried it, how much data has been collected on its use, and how much formal and informal research has been done to try to assess the risks of ingestion.
For chemicals like 2C-T-7, there are certainly thousands of individuals across the U.S. and around the world who have tried it, but so far the total amount of data collected about its use is very small. There have been no formal or informal studies into 2C-T-7's toxicity (that we know of) nor any assessment of its likelihood to interact dangerously with any other medications or recreational psychoactives.
While we have received no reports of fatalities, long term problems, or hospitalizations related to 2C-T-7, we have heard from users who report delusional episodes, memory loss, overwhelming anxiety attacks, and erratic / dissociated behavior. We have reports of use up to 80mg in a single oral dose of 2C-T-7, but what happens to someone who accidentally ingests 200mg, thinking it's MDMA or snorts 200mg thinking its ketamine?
The lack of depth of available data warrants classifying 2C-T-7 as an Experimental Research Chemical. MDMA, on the other hand, has been used by tens of millions of people world wide and its activity has been extensively researched in animal and human experiments. MDMA is known to cause death at very high doses (larger than 1000 mg), but out of the more than one hundred million uses each year around the world only a small number of individuals die. While MDMA use is most certainly not without risks, the risks are far better known than any in this class of Experimental Research Chemicals.
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/research_chems/research_chems.shtml
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

wow!..comprehensive as ever JB!..... For mostly everyday discussion purposes, you can lump 2C-T-7 in with 2-CB for effects and consequences....
The Chemical Generation (makers of the 'E' kit) are attempting to get some for testing purposes, but my guess only is that it will be a green colour, when tested with the 'E' kit..
Here's a few links I found, out of the growing number on Bluelight, that you may find enlightening or amusing (or both)...
The Yanks are beginning to call 2C-T-7, mixed with E at the start or end of their 'trip' (in a sort of 'candyflip' way), a "7-UP"....kinda' nice ring to it, doncha' think?!
smile.gif
...here's a discussion thread about it:
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000256.html
and a thread for the definitive Erowid explanation of 2C-T-7:
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal043.shtml
and finally, where to get the stuff
smile.gif
(tell 'em I sent 'ya!!) :
http://webcatalog.cybersun.com:8080/Products?JLF~100363799~1~115
..only in America man!!...that website is a crackup!
------------------
The latest Event info, Pill Tests and Club Listings, online: http://www.the-peak.com.au
[This message has been edited by candyflip (edited 20 July 2000).]

these Marquis reactions (and many others) were listed by Phreex in the Pill Testing forum
2C-B = green
2C-T-2 = orange to "rusty" red
2C-T-7 = orange to "rusty" red
as Phreex says:
these were either DONE by me, WITINESSED by me, done by someone I know to be reliable, or published in an accurate publication ..
but i haven't seen any independant verification of these so put as much faith in them as you will...
the complete list of 33 reactions is here.
Candyflip: we'll Marquis test some 2C-T-7 soon ok?
wink.gif

Well, here is an official Marquis test result for you.
Test #1
Test Reagent: EZ-Test (Large).
Test Surface: White ceramic plate.
Lighting Conditions: Direct fluorescent white light.
Sample Tested: a few specks of "2C-T-7 Pure" powder.
Result: Almost no colour change initially, and after a few seconds to about half a minute the entire test solution used displayed a very faint lime green colour. Almost clear.
Test #2
Test Reagent: EZ-Test (Large).
Test Surface: White ceramic plate.
Lighting Conditions: Direct fluorescent white light.
Sample Tested: 1.5mg pure 2C-T-7.
Result: Powder dissolved in reagent with a few bubbles and fizzes, but no apparent dramatic immediate colour change. After 5-8 seconds, a faint orange colour began to display, and then after a few minutes, the reagent droplet appeared very pale lime in colour, and the centre of the droplet was coloured pink/red where the majority of the powder particles were dissolved.
In total, this reaction was not strong and all colour changes observed were quite pale and slow to occur.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Has anyone else tested this substance with an EZ or E tester? I'm curious to know if others have achieved the same results I got.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

Tested a small amount of pure 2-CT-7 with an E-Z tester
It fizzed, then to dark orange
[This message has been edited by Wheaty (edited 25 November 2000).]