Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who was your childhood hero?!?

katmeow

Bluelight Crew
I was pretty involved with swimming while I was growing up and I'd have to say that the person I really looked up to was Dawn Fraser. While there are a lot of other swimmers I admired, I think I was pretty impressed by not only her achievements, but some of the crazy things she got up to outside the pool. I remember reading her book in early high school and being so excited when I met her and got her to autograph it at a swimming carnival.

=D

Who was your childhood hero?

And Why??

Last edited:
i was also a pretty sporty kid so when i played tennis it used to be Monica Seles and then when i started playing basketball it became Michael Jordan.

Unfortunately for me when i idolised Seles she got stabbed and was forced to retire and then when Jordan was my idol his dad got murdered and he also retired shortly after that....

I kinda wish i had an idol these days, it would be nice to have someone there who always provided me with inspiration....

My brother .. no one was or is cooler than him :)

I still look up to him heaps.

^^ same.. absolute major influence.

and umm inspector gadget for a while there..

Yeah I've gotta say it was alway my brothers and sisters.

I have 3 older brothers and 4 older sisters.... so there was always someone to look up to... even if I was fighting with them at the time :\

doofqueen said:
Rohl Dahl :)

i know you hate being corrected DQ, but it would be blasphemous for me to let it go. his name is roald and i think it's one of the best sounding names ever. :)

up until about the age of 6, my brother was my absolute hero. i thought he was the greatest fucking thing in the world, and i still do.
but there were a few years where we didn't get on so well.

i also thought my kindergarten teacher was pretty cool.

my dad first.... i thought he could do anything when i was younger, still do to a certain extent lol

then come sportsmen like jordan, ryan giggs, randall cunningham, deion sanders.... bet ya 5 bucks nobody on here can tell me who those last 2 guys are and what sport they played / play :D

randall cunningham - NFL, drafted in 1985?

deion sanders - also NFL, started college football with florida state?

phw0ar..... good guess moe, u only got it coz u know me in real life hence my obsession with all things nfl :p

astrosmurf, looks like i owe u 5 bucks.... assuming u didnt google of course ;)

Sandy from Monkey... mainly because I thought his weapon looked like a guitar.

Childhood hero definately had to be my older sister.

As far as i was concerned she was a god. She was the best at everything and to beat her was the pinnacle of achievement in my eyes. And the mental control she had in an arguement was supreme. She could keep a straight, expressionless face of non-concern no matter how harsh the call against her was.

Of course, i have grown out of this total idolisation of my sister. Now I just think she is a cool bitch and get along with her heaps well. ... Have yet to beat her in an arguement though ...

MoeBro said:
^^google is cheating

He told me once when we were hungover

he didn't say it was cheating...:p

sorry eze, i did cheat, but at least now you get to spend that money on something NFL related?

oh, i also thought smurfette was pretty rad.

First it was John from Playschool.

Then John Barnes, Geelong Football Club

Then it was Buddha Hocking, Geelong Football Club

Then it was/is Matthew Scarlett, Geelong Football Club

A pattern?

My late Nan has always been my hero as well. In year 12 we had to write a piece on an Aussie hero, and I wrote about her and how amazing she is (at 90, with really horrible arthritis, she was still knitting hats and scarves for underprivleged kids). A month later, my Dad read it at her funeral -sigh-

I really never had heroes... my parents were against idolising anyone.. They always told me.. don't go and try and live someones dreams.. go make them for yourself. Be someone who people look up to.

I guess I use to idolise fantasy characters..
I always wanted to be like Raistlin from Dragon Realms...
He was the most powerful magician in the realms.... damn i'm a nerd