Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

please explain

absorbian

Bluelighter
this one is for all u sydneysiders. I recently went to a club called Paladium, i was dressed in my standard blue jeans and a white t-shirt. I was pretty fucked up, (1 to many pills), so I was just sort of hanging out enjoying the vibe when i was asked (about 5 times by different people) if i was an undercover cop. My question is, does ne1 have any idea why this would happen? Would being dreesed this way make me an outsider?
I ask because these continual hassles really ruined my mood and i got really paranoid.
At one stage I think I even tried to explain that if I was a cop I wouldn't tell the person asking but this made no difference.
Not really stressed about the whole thing just a bit scattered now and incident was playing back in my mind.
Thanx in advance to those who reply.
------------------
"If the good die young I am gonna live to be a very old man"
Absorbian

did the white t-shirt have "I am an undercover police officer" written on it?
I get similar treatment in that a lot of people assume that I am a drug dealer... can't think why... bright flame red hair, large baggy pants, sheep-shaped backpack... you know ... the normal garb that a business person would wear to work...
heheheh... my advice is ignore them and get out on to the dancefloor...
------------------
The Strange Guy with Strange Hair

absorbian, as much as I don't want to say this, yes it has to do with the way you were dressed. It's the hard truth, if I saw someone at a rave with blue jeans and a white t-shirt, I'd be asking if he's an undercover cop, soley because most people don't dress like that, and you'd stick out. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you're a nice guy and please don't go out and buy some rave clothes so you don't look like a cop, if you're happy with jeans and a t-shirt wear it, but if I was to wear a reflector top with fluffy pants or reflector pants into a bar, the people in there would look at me differently too. And if you were an undercover cop, and someone asked if you were undercover cop, you would legally have to answer yes, it's law.
Dress how you want man, and don't worry about other people, just have a good time.
------------------
sniff it like an amylmal

cripes, absorbian, you poor lad. What a bad trip.
I have to admit, people not dressed in your regular clubbing gear do tend to stand out like dogs balls, like the guy I saw at The Palladium last night wearing some kind of tweed trilby hat and smart casual clothes. God i'm a bitch.....but I could also tell you a story about a few tragic-80s-rocker-throwbacks-with-long-permed-hair-and-VESTS that I saw in a club one night......(and, sorry, off the topic, but I noticed heaps of ppl last night wearing jackets. Inside the Palladium. Hullo! It's like a bloody sauna in there!)
Ah, how I digress.
*a. tries to sort her frazzled brain out and gets back to topic*
However, I wouldn't put "jeans & a t-shirt" in my fashion faux-pas folder. Cripes, that's what I was wearing last night! Although, granted, I was dancing around like an absolute maniac, whereas you were chillin. Perhaps it's just the nature of the beast. You've got a few hundred odd clubbers, paranoid as all fuck in most instances, who'll get freaked out by something slightly out of the ordinary. 'Oh my god! There's a guy standing over at the bar by himself and he's wearing jeans & a t-shirt. Shit, I'm off my face and have some very incriminating little things in my pocket. He *must* be an undercover cop.'
Maybe it's my overly trusting nature, but personally i wouldn't go for that option. But there'll always be others who will. And I guess all the police raids on clubs in Kings Cross over the past year or so just add fuel to our paranoia. It's a bummer you got caught up in it.
a.
(p.s. I hope I don't revisit this post when I'm straight and realise what a fool I've made out of myself. Ooh, hullo, paranoia! Go away, damn you!.......cripes i'm a pleb, and anyway, I can always edit.)
------------------