Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Please be careful........

pinger

Bluelighter
guys,
given the upcoming olympics, and the recent accusations of drug use amongst olympic athletes esp australian (Werner Reiterer), it is likely that customs will be red hot on any funny vitamins or packages coming in from overseas. expect anything you order to get open and checked. customs are employing casual labour to assist with increased item searches over the next three months.
so if anyone is thinking about it, please bear this in mind....
play safe
pinger

Funny you should mention custome Pinger. I recently received my delivery of 5htp from Iherb and the package was opened, inspected and stamped by customs as being cleared.
smile.gif

------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

this is not unusual... every package i've had sent from them has been opened and resealed customs...
but keep in mind that every one of these packages has been labelled as "supplements" on the packaging by iHerb...
customs i think will automatically open packages label like this... but pinger is roght, with the 5 ring circus about to kick offf expect to see a lot more packages opened at random, and i guess more use of "non-invasive" search procedures...
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

"non-invasive"? WHAT?!!! NO rectal probe for foreigners?? This should be compulsory for all athletes/foreigners coming into Oz..
;-p
he he he...Just kidding....
Stay safe and ENJOY!

customs are employing casual labour hey?
hmm, i could do with a night job looking for drugs, i mean helping purge this wonderful country of evil, evil drugs.
wink.gif

damn, i guess that shipment of 5000 mitsubishi's from london won't be coming in the mail..
err.. the cars of course
------------------
..dangermouse..
.you've gotta lose it.
.to find it.

Hehe I wonder if, on entering another country, you received a random rectal probe and they find the remains of the pill you plugged the night before... Could you get done for trafficking?
smile.gif
SpankY
smile.gif

"random rectal probe"?? not likely to occur without reasonable suspicion/evidence of trafficking... and... the pill would have completely dissolved within the first hour after plugging, no?

heh heh, i love it how threads get off topic so damn fast..
so i take this opportunity to say, the olympics is a crock o' shite.
thank you
smile.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I got the tarzan and jane of jungle just swung in on the vine this morning."

1) Right on MikeySammy, SOCOG can fuck right off
2)do you mean to say you people actually stick your pills up your *shudder* up your rear entrance

speaking of olympics, here is a good satire article
http://www.chaser.com.au/show_story.asp?ID=134&ED=24&NAME=angrysocog
Angry SOCOG board members deny ‘all knowledge’ of so-called ‘Olympic’ games
SYDNEY, Tuesday: Key members of the SOCOG Board were kept in the dark about a planned series of sporting events, to be held in Sydney during September, it was revealed to the media today. The revelations come just days after SOCOG Chief Executive, Mr Sandy Holloway, promised greater communication between the organisation and the politically-appointed Board, and made a public commitment to improve accountability within the secretive organisation. Angry scenes at today’s Board meeting were later played out again in the public arena, with Board members and SOCOG management each pointing the finger over the mix-up.
The sporting events, tentatively titled “the Olympic Games” and scheduled to include participants from around the world, will feature many of the world’s most popular sports. SOCOG senior staff readily concede that the Games themselves are likely to “significantly affect” the activities of SOCOG during the year 2000. Indeed, now that they are aware of it, many SOCOG executives estimate that up to one quarter of their total work-load of public engagements, fact-finding tours and corporate entertaining may need to be connected in one way or another with the Games.
News of the proposed Games arose when Board members were questioned by the media about the further appropriation of $140 million for SOCOG’s needs. The Government had agreed to provide the money, in a line-item in the Budget marked ‘further unallocated resourcing issues - SOCOG’, notwithstanding the promise of the Treasurer that no further money would be made available to the statutory corporation unless it more fully explained its activities to the Parliament.
The Chaser spoke to sources close to the Board about the exact exchange that led to the furore. “Basically, Sandy stood up, and put a slide on the screen showing a sort of ‘five-rings’ thingy, and mumbled something. Someone at the back said ‘What? Speak up man!’, and then Sandy said, more loudly: “I SAID, WE’RE HOSTING THE OLYMPIC GAMES IN SEPTEMBER, SIR, AND WE NEED A BIT MORE MONEY FOR THE VOLLEY-BALL COURT!”. It certainly started a very animated discussion, I can tell you.”
Key Board members are angry that the proposed Games had not been more fully explained to them, but conceded that it was a relief to understand what exactly it was that SOCOG did. “I must say, it certainly explains the whole name issue, which had always confused me” said one Board member. “I’d thought that we were something to do with sport - but one guy was convinced that we were running an airline. It’s been quite a fertile topic of conversation amongst the Board, but somehow, in discussions with Sandy, its never really come up.”
Another Board member, Ms Anna Booth, claimed to be furious that the group she had assumed was a ‘lunch-time seminar group on issues relevant to the Real Estate Agents Act 1996’ had turned out, in fact, to be a publicly-funded administration with a budget greater than the NSW Department of Education. “It’s an outrage - why weren’t we told earlier? I’ve got just six weeks to my final exams to become a registered real estate agent, and I don’t know a bloody thing!” she glowered, when asked about her role in the organisation and its plans.
One Board member who may have been aware is former NSW ALP Right powerbroker and breakfast radio announcer, Graham Richardson, who recognised the SOCOG logo on some press releases that he saw at 2GB. “Yeah, it rang a bell alright”, the laconic Richardson told bemused journalists in Sydney earlier today, “but its not like I’m an expert on that sort of thing. I’m a big picture bloke - we all are. We just trusted Sandy to get on with it ... whatever it was ... and let us know if things were off the rails. I mean, jeez, the Olympic Games - that’s a job and a half, so I’m not surprised they needed a lot of money.”
SOCOG management is adamant that it made suitable information available to Board members to allow them to piece together the truth. “Sandy definitely mentioned that September 2000 would be quite a busy time” noted SOCOG Director of Public Affairs, Megan Grolsch. “We have never concealed the fact that money was being used for a sporting event. We are under no statutory obligation to advertise that fact. It is incumbent on the Board to conduct their own affairs with due diligence. I mean, what did they think we’d done with the last $2 billion that they voted us?”