Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Lack of sleep?!

Engel

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any good links on the effects of having no sleep, especially after a big night, i.e. hallucinations, increased anxiety, etc???

Well i dont have any links, but i know when you're trying to sleep you cant. You get that feeling where you THINK you're sleeping/dreaming, but then you realise it's just your mind thinking so fast with all these images racing at once while your eyes are close... but it's weird cos it feels like a dream i.e. you can hear it and see it and sorta feel it as well.
I tend to see colors in a dark room as well..... the other day i thought there was a dog walking around my room. *shrug*

ami, my friends and I suffer from the same kind of strange sleep after using speed, hence the name we gave it of 'Speed Sleep'. (Original huh??!!)
I dont know if this is what is causing your strange sleeping habits after a big night, but that is definately what cases ours!

what you are describing sounds like night terrors. Also called sleep paralysis. Run a search and you should get plenty of info from previous discussions.
seems to be seratonin related in it's origin
pinger

get off the drugs ami...hahaha
wink.gif

Being a regular "Sam Sneed" user, I know what u r talking about. I have found the best solution to this problem is...
1./ Take 2-4 Valerian tablets (herbal relaxation) or Valium (if u can get it!
2./ Cones!
3./ More cones!
4./ And when u think u can't pull another...
DO IT ANYWAY!
5./ Go to bed & pass out!
Timbo

er thanks for the support there hamlet...
most people do see stuff just before they fall asleep, even without taking drugs... it happens a lot when you are over tired...
its called hypnagogic imagery... its more common when you are a child tho... i touched on this subject a while back when we were discussing hallucinations... hypnagogic imagery works on the same principal of images from your subconcious mind leaking over to your concious mind... the line between what is real and what isn't becomes blurred...
when you are deprived of sleep your concious mind can become confused as to what is reality, as it is desperately trying to "rest" by switching over to an unconcious state...
the most effective form of torture is sleep deprivation... if you dont allow someone to sleep for upwards of a week, they essentially go "mad", confusing reality with their tortured subconcious... torture is all about making people believe something, ie that what they want to do is tell their captors everything they know... you achieve this by changing their world view and a person mind is at it most vunerable to change when sleep deprived...
not a cheery subject i admit but i was reading about all this recently and thought it was very relevant....
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

i tend to get hallucinations after not sleeping for a while ... like looking in the mull bowl and seeing all the little bits of pot forming patterns and moving round in the bowl. also i like lying down and looking at the ceiling and watching the patterns move around and stuff.
also, when i am trying to fall asleep i get really good visuals - one that i particularly remember because i get them a fair bit is having all this text like a book or something appearing in front of my eyes - and i start reading it and reading it for ages... it is all complete crap no doubt and i can never remember it - maybe i should try and write it down - but it is quite compelling reading
smile.gif

BLB
------------------
...yes please

hehe... i remember when i was young, before i slept i see all this stuff... like cartoon characters, but at other nights i convince myself there's a monster in my bedroom...
those good ol' days where you see visuals naturally... aaah...

Reminding me of ami's cartoon characters when young and also the idea of increased inclination towards the subconscious minds proliferation that jb speaks of...i was remembering of when i was young and i tried pushing my eyes when they were closed and after about a minute of pressure, all forms of dots appeared and then psychedelic patterns emerged..then cartoon characteristic images appeared and changed and these sort of things intertwined in a cinematic progression.
Good wacky movie i thought.
Tried a few times after with the same kind of things happenin..but of course..it wasn't as good as my first one.
Anyway has anyone experienced this sorta thing or any explanations in the house.
I was thinking along the lines of pressure mimicking certain pattern of real images..just like how we see...but this don't explain the actual proper forms being made.
Or could the forms just be created by us.
Maybe it's all in me head
wink.gif

---
x-cabsneurotranstarwhatalegendb

i still see the damn monsters around my bed...not good aye?
but if u can't get to sleep, and are scared of monsters...u can snuggle up to me and i'll keep u safe ami
wink.gif

hehehe...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

-or-e,
I used to do the same thing when I was little. Pushing on your eyes made all sorts of weird patterns appear and stuff.
I had forgotten about that until now!!!!
Thanks!

a good book i would recommend if you are interested about sleep, its importance, the effects of sleep deprivation and modern societies attitude towards sleep is
"Sleep Thieves" by Stanley Coren
In the meantime grab yourselves some melatonin from iherb and enjoy a good nights sleep (and some VERY lucid dreams)
smile.gif

------------------
"i'm a cool young brother who just looks kinda old"

LOL
Ami, we cop that too, but we have turned it into a game. Usually after a big night(s), lack of sleep, and sometimes a mix or 2, we all lie back and close our eyes. Now, you know how after a couple of seconds you start seeing all these images? Well, what we do is close our eyes and wait for an image to pop into our heads. As soon as it does we say out loud what it is. It's the funniest way to fall asleep. Things have been seen such as:
  • A pot plant walking down the street whistling
  • A chick wearing a viking hat holding Barbie stickers
  • Gelati
  • Dancing Fire Hydrants
And many more unimaginable combinations.
Oh and yes, we have seriously lost it
smile.gif
Jaff
------------------
"That's exactly right!!! You hit the nail on the timber"