Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Can you lose it forever on acid?

RedRocker

Bluelighter
I was just wondering if you can completly lose it forever on acid,
cause there all kind of stories going around,
and whats this about you should only consume 6 trips in a life time? or a year or somthing?
-RedRocker-
"I am the RedRocker"

Yes there si the minute possibility of losing it forever on acid. Though, generally this only happens to people with a history of mental illness. It is also extremely remotely possible that people without a history can lose it as well. Though the instances are around 1 in 200000. Pretty low odds.
Second, the amount of trips consumed in a year or a lifetime is bollocks. It's a fairytale myth. I had a friend who ate acid twice a week for 2 years and she is fine. In fact, all of my friends have had more than 10 trips a year. I personally take acid about 4 or 5 times a year, but it matters not, as it causes no physical damage whatsoever, however, as I said before, it is possible (very unlikely) to sustain permanant psychological damage from acid.
If you want to know anything about acid, I can email you a FAQ...a big narsty 250K one that has everything you will ever want to know in it.
Cheers
DB
Oh yeah...here's the link to a crunched down version of the FAQ I had 4 years ago...this is updated...
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq2.shtml
[This message has been edited by Darkblade (edited 07 July 2000).]

Could you post a URL? After last weekend's shenanagans I wanna know more...
wink.gif

Ta,
Soma.

I actually know someone who had something like this, although it wasn't permanent.
He very stupidly put a trip into his brothers mouth while sleeping. He woke up of course, tripping off his head. The dog was flying around the room, and the walls where on fire. He was convinced this was reality, no matter what anyone told him.
He ended up in a mental hospital for about 9 months... very sad...

Yes. Blwerghalsdkfjlsadfjsdfjlfrogssdlfksjdfdogslsd...jammmmmmmstrawberry...sdlfksjdf sldfjlsdf.
Bye.
------------------
Calvin: Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak.
Hobbes: Probably so we can think twice.

Case in history - Syd Barrett from Pink Floyd was a heavy user of acid - he become withdrawn within himself to the point where he lost contact with reality. I remeber reading that he got to the point where they would unplug his guitar as he would stare into the crowd and strum his guitar without any cohesion. He eventually was committed to a mental hospital. He lives a very secluded life with no contact with the outside world. One of the sadest stories of wasted talent in rock'n'roll I've ever heard
------------------
"Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on" - Billy Connolly

Purposemaker..I was thinking about something very similar the other day!
Not about slipping it to someone whilst they slept (why waste good acid?). More like "what would happen if I took a t just before I went to bed?". Would I wake up tripping? Would I have trippy dreams?
I think after reading your post I may not be so inclined to do so...maybe ;-)
ENJOY!

a friend of mine committed himself to a mental health clinic after he took acid more than a few times. he's quite normal except i dont think he feels quite right himself, and that prolly worse that being fuct up but not knowing it.
so acid can affect you adversely yeah, but you'd be unlucky if you got seriously affected for life.

GreenAlien,
I would be very interested to read the results of that... as far as I know, you would wake up trpping or have some really weird dreams at least!
But taking it yourself and having it put into your mouth without you knowing is a completely different thing!! Also keep in mind that this guy had never done acid before!

I remember once I had to go out clubbing for someones b'day, and I'd just got home from work and was buggered. I was lying on my bed and kept nodding off.. so I popped a pill and went back to being half asleep.
Half an hour later I began to get the strangest rushes through my body. The comeon was one of the most refreshing feelings ever - all the soreness disappeared and in no time i was jumping about - fully charged to go out
smile.gif

I'd say the same thing would happen if you slipped someone a T (ie. they'd wake up)
[This message has been edited by XSI11V (edited 06 July 2000).]

Purposemaker,
Yeah I can imagine how scared the poor guy was not knowing someone had done that AND not knowing what to expect given he's never done acid. *shudders* He must have freeeeeeeeaked!
But I suppose having taken it b4 it would be an 'experience' trying it. When I do I'll post here to BL!
And to answer RedRocker's q: Acid is a beast of chemical! It interacts with your brain and all so if you fuck up that bit, you really FUKK UP! That said, the odds aren't stacked against you but predisposition to a mental disorder and this can see you LOSING IT (in George from Seinfeld voice!)...