Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Two "XTC" Deaths at Glastonbury

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Two die after drug alert at festival
BY SIMON DE BRUXELLES
TWO revellers found dead after travelling home from the Glastonbury festival could have fallen victim to a rogue batch of Ecstasy pills.
Nearly a dozen people who attended last weekend's event needed emergency treatment after being sold tablets that contained a combination of animal tranquilliser and amphetamine. The tablets caused convulsions within minutes of being taken.
A warning to the 120,000 festivalgoers not to take the them was broadcast over the public address system shortly before a concert by David Bowie on Sunday night.
Police are awaiting medical tests to discover whether the tablets caused the two deaths.
Rob Mair, 28, a former public schoolboy, was found dead at his home in Weston-super-Mare after spending the weekend at Glastonbury. A friend who found him collapsed on the stairs said he had taken a large quantity of different drugs, including Ecstasy.
Another 28-year-old man, Peter Thomas, an engineer, was found dead in the back of a van in South Wales.
On Monday, as the last revellers left the site, police seized about 70 pills and arrested a man in his 20s from South Wales.
Police added to appeals yesterday for anyone who had bought tablets at the festival not to take them.
from The Times, June 28 2000
http://www.the-times.co.uk/news/pages/tim/2000/06/28/timnwsnws01026.html
rogue batch? odd way of putting it... makes it sound like a pack of wild pills attacked these two poor sods...
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

I just wish they would print the names of the pills. Wouldnt that at least help harm minimisation?

"he had taken a large quantity of different drugs, including Ecstasy."
silly boy
frown.gif

Morale of the story: E-Z test your pills??
on this note, i juz started testing my pills..and when do i know NOT to touch the pill??

if it ain't purple/black then send it back...
an orange reaction can mean anything... never just assume its a speed pill... also beware of green reactions, it may be 2CB, which can be a great drug, but it can also be DOB which can be more intense than most people like...
a pill that gives a clear reaction or no reaction at all should never be taken... PMA gives no reaction to ez-test.. if a pill gives no reaction, and yet users report MDXX -like effects, its probably PMA and should be avoided at al costs... its just not worth the risk...
basicaly with any new pill you should start in halves so you can get an idea of its effects, without committing yourself to a really bad night if you neck a whole bad one....
and people, pleas do the right thing and destroy the bad pill, dont pass it on to someone else... you dont want a death on your conscience...

There is an update to this story in the latest issue of 7 magazine and I quote directly from the article.
"Both Glatonbury festival and Somerset police have denied newspaper reports that a batch of rogue or killer XTC led to the deaths of two men....Off the record briefings from police sources hinted that both deaths may have been related to intravenous drug use...although we can be sure off nothing till we have the results off the toxicology tests...Glastonbury confirmed that there were some bad E's on site....medical staff were aware of seven people who had fits after taking Mitsubishi E's.The medical staff then went to police and tested seized E's, they found some that were a Ketamine and amphetamine mix which was obviously very bad.They believed that all the seven affected had taken these or similar pills.'.
------------------
flip