Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Friend had heart attack!

Gnome Raver

Bluelighter
A friend of mines brother recently had a minor heart attack after doing speed and dancing all night... seems like he didn't drink enough.
So all you kids out there, just a reminder to be careful and stay safe.. and that amphetamines are still more dangerous than MDMA!
He is fine now but is totally over the drugs and the parties.
Thing that got me thinking was that he was over here (he is a Kiwi) a couple of weeks ago and I got him and his brother a pill for Belfast... he seemed pretty seasoned and quite familiar with pills and the scene, and I did mention that he drink heaps.
He was fine that night as he only took half and didn't dance all night (and it was a good MDMA pill). But it goes to show that no matter how long someone has been in the scene and how long they have been taking drugs they still may have no clue as to what is happening to their body and how to stay safe.
Educate yourselves is the message here...
-=-
I am more addicted to chocolate and techno music than E.

MDMA is an amphetamine dude, but yes the key to all drug-taking is looking after yourself, I hope your pal is not turned off raves forever jusat because of one bad experiance

this is something that doesnt get stressed here enough.
all amphetamines (MDMA included) put a great stress on your heart. for most healthy people this isn't a problem, although it must always be kept in mind, especially when combining it with vigorous dancing and a lack of sleep.
people with pre-existing heart conditions should be especially careful. in fact it would be advisable for someone who has been warned by their doctor to avoid stress and exertion, to avoid amphetamines entirely.
i'm just guessing here, but it sounds like this guy is one of those unfortunate people who have a heart condition, but one so minor that it never shows until they push their heart just that little bit too far...
this is just another reason why moderation is the best way stay alive. listen to what your body is telling you and know whn to stop.

I had a white mitsu not too long ago, not sure of the exact contents, tested black, but maybe half of it was speed, as it got my heart racing more than ever before while still giving me the MDMA feeling,, Anyways, I actually had heart pains that night which really scared me, never had anything like that on pills, and i am healthy, and have checked to see if everything is in working order. Just goes to show speed is a pretty iffy drug, and puts quite a bit more strain on your heart than MDMA - not saying that MDMA doesn't..
It sounded like you said the main reason he had the heart attack is because he didn't drink enough water. I personally think thats not right, and if water was a cure for heartattacks, it would be more popular!
blah.

Risking posting here while still under the effects (hell what am I doing at work?
smile.gif
)
I think the thing with not drinking enough and all the exertion just adds to the strain on the heart... the blood is thicker, the body temperature is too high so the heart is working harder to try and pump blood around and cool things down.
Could be wrong as I am not a doctor... will post more info on what exactly happened to him and what he took when I get it.
Thanks guys... you rock as always!

I must admit that I have experienced the same thing as you mention, not the heart thing but the whole not taking care of what is going on in your body.
I was dancing to hardcore with a noseful of whiz and a biccy under my belt (white mitsu see my post on pillreports) and just went way to hard without any water. We arrived at 11:00ish and I went hard till 4:00 at which point my body went into shutdown mode.
I had the hugest migraine in history and could hardly stand up straight. My stomach was playing rollercoasters and my body temperature was a passenger in it... I felt like crap.
As you said about your friend, I am experienced with pills and whiz (been doing it since 97) and yet I still didn't see what the hell was going on... let it serve as a warning! it was a wakeup call for me i can tell you that much...
------------------
The Strange Guy with Strange Hair
[This message has been edited by Sproing (edited 24 June 2000).]

I've had a few comedowns that have made me think twice... It's so important that you not only look after yourself but that you keep and eye on your friends as well...
smile.gif
I've definatley had a few wake up calls...
frown.gif

I can't stress this enough make sure u look after your friends, they are one of the most important things in life for sure. I have had one majorly bad comedown and if it wasn't for my friends well....

Yeah I agree 100% Danstar... I have had a couple of bad times and my friends have been amazing!!
I spent a good amount of time looking after a new friend at Aurara who was having a bad time, and it felt really good to help... just wish I could get back in touch with him...