• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Where Do You Work? - Where Do You Want To Work?

codez_raver

Bluelighter
I work in fast food and I fucking hate it! [I'm only 17] But haven't decided on a career path.:\

Anyone else in this position? Hate thier job? Prefer something else?

Last edited:
I work for an American I.T company in North Sydney. Mmm...

No idea where I'd like to work... Sweden maybe.. for the females!

shals :D

i work for the TAB and this suits me perfectly. one day id like to be the CEO or chief of wagering. im so happy with this job that i no longer want to work in the finance/economics industry.

however, id ideally love to open a business in holland or spain. so im heading off early next year to work in europe, then hopefully do a snow season in Canada.

i just decided to fuck off (drop-out/defer - not sure yet) university ... i no longer want to be an investment banker thats for sure ... even $80 000 starting pay straight out of uni is not enough to convince me to start working 75 hour weeks when im still 20.

Im a hairdresser, and im starting to hate my job. The place where i work makes us work soooooo many hours, and we often dont get our lunch breaks..... its very draining. Its hard to have a life outside it really....

Im not sure what i want to do, but im definately considering leaving and doing something else....

I just cant handle it anymore :( Im sick of trying so hard to please people, and hope that they like what you have done for them etc etc.

Also it is far too bitchy for me too. I havent worked in one salon where it was bitch free! I feel like im back in high school.

Im on the verge of walking out before i even have another job set up.....

Im basically over worked, and under payed. But thats hairdressing for ya.

I work in security and construction. Bricklaying during the day and door work by night. Brick laying gets heavy during the summer months and security's a piss off when you're checking ID, you look at the patron and their eyes scream OFF CHOPS, and all you can think is i wish i was on what they're on. lol

In the future id like to work in IT doing web design/development and maybe print media. who knows, options are open but what im doing is fine for the short term.

I work at a reastaurant as an apprentice chef, i dream of becoming a careflight paramedic.
Working in an office has absolutely no appeal to me, i want to be out there amongst it, coming to peoples rescue.

I hold down 2 paying jobs at the mo'

==============
Job 1#
==============
HATED FUCKING HATED retail job. Its for a national JEANS company if you know JUST what I mean.

JUST selling JEANS is not something they do though. We sell more than JUST JEANS.

;)

But been there like 2 years and I am so sick of it. Same people same product... I know that qwhen you are selling something you need to believe in it and frankly I do not like what I am selling.

It is hard as hell to sell something to someone when you think it is total shite.

Regardless I have been there so damn long I know everything. It is my zombie job. It regularly pays the bills and I turn into Zombie Man when I am working there.

See me at retail and I am either:
1. ripping into customers but so subtly.... I am having fun at their expense. They can never pinpoint it or really know but I am keeping myself entertained.

2. as good as unconscious. You are speaking to me on AutoPilot.

==============
Job 2#
==============
Promo work for a major telecommunications company.

I give out free stuff, see concerts for free and I am encouraged to chat to people.

Basically the Corporate Strategy from my job is to put a face to a corporation that appeals to a target audience.

The reality of the job is that I am paid to listen to live bands, music and chat/take photo's of chicks.

It is the best damn job ever. Add to that I get to work it with my best friend and a couple of bullshit hot chicks.

Love it. Seen so much free music and met so many cool people. I am working tomorrow adn cant wait!!

Anyhow other than that I might get a writing job or photoshoot here and there. Future work? Journalism possibly?

Rock on.

Drunk,.

Music producer, film & television composer and music editor.

I like it :) Could always pay more though.

claims investigator for yellow and now white pages. also main union delegate for sydney.

moving to tokyo next year to teach english by day, train iaijutsu with the grand master by night

I work as a panel administrator on a national research project. I get attitude from women who are twice as old as me because I have the authority to tell them what to do [even though I rarely do], I am 'asked' to work most weekends and I think the purpose of the research is redundant and based on commercial enterprise [aka selling my soul to the devil]. I hate my job but I make more money than I would anywhere else and I choose my own hours. How much is a soul worth these days anyway?

I work at the same place as codez_raver in fast food. Its crap as, I fucking hate it! But its money for the moment so I dont mind.

Not sure where I'd like to work. Maybe in an office on my ass all day!

I work in Sales for a mining supply company. Only recently moved here (3 weeks) from one of their competitors where i worked at for about 9 years. I enjoy it cos i get to drive around to all the mine sites in WA and see the country side.

Company car is pretty cool too with petrol prices where they are.

At the moment doing temp. work for one of those labour hire comapanys.
Worked 10 and a half hours yesterday at a spring water bottling factory and let me tell you process work is about the most boring inane shit anyone can ever do in their life.

But I cleared over 300 bucks so not complaining too much.

My last job was at a plant farm (flowers to be precise) and I really enjoyed it. Tough physical work kept me fit and the boring stuff gave me time to think. But alas stupid drought means they ran out of work after 3 months. It was a family business too so no wanky capitalsim shit was involved.

Ideally I would like to head into conservation (I'm doing Natural Resource Management at TAFE) but it's not exactly easy to get into. Any kind of job that involves me being outdoors pretty much suits me at the moment.

I don't have a job.

I'm being a slack uni bum at the moment.

Next year I would like to work in the environmental department for a mining company, or for the Department of Conservation and Land Management or some other government agency...

If that doesn't work out... I guess I'll be an overqualified check out chick or something... :\

^ Working in the enviro. department for a mining company would be tough.

A) You're green friends hate you because you are "selling out"

B) The company you work for hates you because you are the enemy, keeping them in check.

But I would much prefer all of those jobs be filled with people that care about the environment rather than those who are willing to pocket some cash and agree with whatever the company says. There are plenty of ecological consultants out there who will dodge an Environmental Impact Statement if the developer dangles a big enough carrot.

I was kind of thinking of running away for a year or two finishing TAFE so do some sort of overseas aid work.

Does anyone know of an organisation I can join, not really concerned about being paid as long as they look after you (meals etc.) that does overseas aid work? Oh and they would also need to be looking for volunteers that don't have higher medical experience than a First Aid course.

Last edited:
currently an integration aide at a primary school, but leaving that job soon, hopefully for a nightfill job at safeway or something like that..... im nocturnal, so it would suit me, and im looking for a job where i have a set task, and they just let me get on with it, i could just chuck my headphones on, zone out for an 8 hour shift and listen to music while working.... i think im developing a music addiction :\

I work in a 4 star resturant.. its a very nice.. I dont mind my job that much Its great money because I work nights and I get along with everybody who I work with so its a bonus to go to work and enjoy it, Im going back to school next year to finish year 12 so I'll be working as a waitress untill I finish at the end of next year.

I also work at the same place as codez_raver and luce but I havent started there as of yet... as Im put on the grave yard shift..

I've just left my job of 3 years,

so now I work nowhere - someone wanna gimme a job?

will work for beer, drugs and if you have a sister I may be inclined to have a relationship with her... ;)

lostpunk5545 said:
..and let me tell you process work is about the most boring inane shit anyone can ever do in their life.

ever sorted mail?
i've done heaps of different things in my few years and that is fantastically dull.