Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Melbourne Age 'Today' Article - "The Agony of Ecstacy"

MíkeySåmmy

Bluelighter
I came downstairs today to discover a big front page article with a big round pill with a sad face on it like
frown.gif
and a report on the fact that "evidence is mounting that ecstacy can cause permanent brain damage".
Yeah, ok, so i went and read the article - but it seemed to only imply that it might be doing something to your brain.
The journalist, Sarah Bosely, has given us what seems to me to be only being written on assumptions - because i couldnt find where the cold hard evidence was.
I guess at least she was making sure she didnt say anything she couldnt - but the same issues came up again - a)whether e actually killed anyone or whether they died of heatstroke / dehydration.. b)whether its actually e that is causing any damage or whether it may have been other drugs that subjects had taken.
And after talking about research done on monkeys in the US, she writes, "These are early days. Monkeys are not humans. More research has to be done. The scientists cannot be sure how much ecstacy their human volunteers have taken and what other drugs they may have mixed it with. So its too early to say whether we are heading for a nation of the neurologically impaired."
i didnt appreciate it.
did anyone read the article i'm talking about?
------------------
"If you're not confused.. you don't understand everything. Silence is deafening." S.A.

sorry matey, i'm closing this one. cant have two on the same topic. please try and check next time
ta
jb