Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mum.....I like ecstacy

Av

Bluelighter
I was wondering how many bluelighters out there have the ability to converse freely with their parents about your little habits.
My mum has asked me a few times about the things I get upto when clubbing/raving/doofing etc..., id love to be able to talk about it with her, give her some knowledge and stop alot of the ignorance that is common in the elder generations, but everytime I come close to spilling the beans (so to speak) a little voice in my head scream "STOP...DONT DO IT MAN"
just wondering if anyone else has tried approaching this subject with their olds anytime, and if so, how did it go?
Peace
-Av

I've tried once or twice to explain drug harm minimization, but there isn't much hope with my folks.. they're almost text book citizens of what government propaganda Reagan & Bush wanted to produce.
I'd like to be able to tell them & discuss it reasonably, but let me put it this way, after all the stuff I've told them, my mother asked me whether I inject marijiuana.
My personal opinion, the biggest problem in this area, is that to a lot of parents all drugs are one and the same thing.
------------------
Winners don't do drugs ...They just sell them.

Nope...not a chance...they just think I have a drinking problem
smile.gif

I guess its like a lot of things...by not telling them the truth you save them alot of pain and torment...like they screwed up coz their kid is on drugs.
Unless you think you have some sort of major addiction problem, I wouldnt dump that on them.

I came home once after a night out at Teriyaki a few months ago and as usual I went straight to my room. About 2 mins later my Dad walked in and shut the door behind him, and he never does that, never even comes into my room when I get home after a night out. Right there I thought "Shit, I'm friggin' scattered, not now Dad!"
But there really wasn't anything I could do about it so we just sat down and had a decent conversation about raves and drugs and I cleared up a few misconceptions the media had given him. So all in all it went ok, but that's cos my Dad can be understanding and has an open mind. My mum is a completely different story and I'm not going to try to tell her anything because it will only cause problems.
------------------
Common Sense isn't all that common

My Mum came over to my house one day and over a cup of coffee she asked me whether I've tried ecstasy.
I replied with a "yes, and I've also tried coke, speed, NO2, meth, thc, acid, k, ghb..."
She looked a bit shocked, but after I had a good long talk with her and told her how I know the risks and use the drugs responsibly
she was cool.
She's never asked me about my drug use again though...

I'm lucky in the regard that I have really open parents who are cool, but responsible. They know I do E's and everything else. The only problem is, is that I can't go out without them thinking I am gonna get messy. Oh well, they are cool. They know I am rsponsible and because it is a big year (y12) they limit my going out.
The only thing is, is that they will never force me to stay home. They will say "well, you do whateva you feel is right."
and it makes me feel soooo guilty I cant go out. Reverse psychology, kills me!!
Anyway, honesty and education is the key. As long as the media keeps pumping out this bullshit, our parent and older generations will keep assuming it is the death drug from planet death. I'm waiting for my dad to ask me for one
wink.gif
heh heh. I think he would dig it.
Anyway, thats my story! - Horse
------------------
There was no other earthly reason to have these goddamned fetid plants except to get high as a coon."
- Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

I aways start the drug arguements with my parents, my dad knows that i have a fair amount of knowledge and doesn't ask me about my drugs takings at all. Both my parents know I smoke weed and both aren't overly happy about it. My mum hates drugs and tell me about her friend that went into a coma from weed and how dealers have been found putting herion in marijuana so that there users get addicted. All laughable. I've been hinting that i have ecstasy one day in the heat of a drug arguement she said "you've tried ecstasy haven't you" i said "no, but one day i will. When i do would you prefer me to tell you or would you want me to hide it behind your back" she said "if you did I'd make you sit right here (pointing towards dinner table) where i could call the ambulance straight away if i had to". I paused then decided to be smart and said "if i did would you do it with me?" she declined
smile.gif

My parents have got a deal going where if i don't take drugs they'll give me a car,,,so i can't admit to it for another 1-2 months
smile.gif
,,,,once i got the car I'll tell them that I'm going to try it for the first time and see how they react.
I dream of the day i have a pill with my mum and dad
smile.gif
,,,it'll happen

one day (about two months ago) my parents came up to me and said: "look we know u've tried XTC. i mean u come home in the morning after dancing all nite at a RAVE (where everyone takes drugs
wink.gif
they said) and u look like shit. u can't talk, walk and u just want to go to bed."
and i replied by giving them deep's post (it's re-posted by pinger in "EVERONE READ" topic) on E-verything u never wanted to know. next time i came home my mum asked me "did u have a mitsubishi last nite!!!???"
hahaha...no joke...my dad was a bit pissed and still is a little
wink.gif
...but my mum keeps saying that she wants to try it cos "she doesn't want her son taking anything she hasn't tried!!!"...
...however it did make them worry much more when i go out and give me less money in general so i have less money altogether to spend on drugs (which r good mkay?)...
biggrin.gif

that's my story...i'm glad i told them cos i didn;t like lying to them about it...
biggrin.gif
princehamlet
biggrin.gif

I honestly don't know what my parents thoughts are or if they know.
Everytime the subject of raving and drugs come up I mostly tow the line of "Dad/Mum its vastly overrated about how much drugs goes on at raves. I've been going to these things for over 6 years now and I never have had anything" ... although since last Hardware I can't kinda say that anymore
wink.gif
... well the last bit at least.
I know my father is very anti-drug but he also has a cool head. He actually bought up the lastest Time article (good article too for the press) and we chatted about it (I'd read it too) and he said that he kinda believes the E is fairly harmless compared to other drugs and he even went on to say how he'd like to see an E Vs Alchol report about the dangers of both which was kinda cool... we just tip toes around whether or not I'd taken E. Still... don't know *scratches head* .. ahh well..

Well its a bit strange with my parents. Because I cant tell whether or not they know certain things, or how intelligent they are, and im not sure how much they catch on...
But there hasnt been a big talk about it.
I told them I tried e a couple of times, but i hadnt told them much more than that. mum said she tried lsd when she was my age, which was pretty cool to know.
i dont think they care too much as long as im still heading somewhere with uni and i dont seem to be out of control. but i do get paranoid with them when im on my way home on come down, i start to worry. and if i could do the big talk and get it over with i would be so much more comfortable coming home -
but i havent done the proper talk. not yet.
i dont know.
sometimes its difficult.

Since I have a separated family it is funny to see the difference in opinions on the matter. I am totally frank with my Mum about my E taking habits (not my other habits - LSD,speed etc) and she was a little shocked to begin with but has come to accept it and as an interesting story before new years eve cellebrations I get a fone call at 3:00 in the arvo from my mum saying "i was reading up on ecstacy and they say that you should still try and goto the toilet as much as usual", I personally think it's kinda strange but good that my mum is giving me hints and tips on how to take drugs.
My Dad on the other hand refers to drug takers as the scum of the earth and that they cause a serious problem in society... as you can probably guess I haven't broached the subject with him. It causes uneccesary stress on my part (like when he wanders into my room when he is over cos he is looking for a business card and my stash is on my shelf in almost plain view).
I think it is better that parents know what is going on but for the most part (in their case anyways) ignorance is bliss. They probably suspect but for them it's better that they don't actually know for sure.
------------------
The Strange Guy with Strange Hair

My familys a little stranger (but good).
My Mum Pills, My Friends have dealt to my Mum, Ive brought pills of my Mums boyfrieds.
My dad, meditation, health, no drugs.
Makes for interesting experiences going from house to house.
------------------
"Its great being anonymous until you want to be someone"

I had a pretty interesting conversation with my girlfriends dad the other day, something along the lines of him telling me how blown out he was after half a "gold cn or something"
"ck?" i ask, yeah that was it...
We saw him the day after taking it and were wondering why a 45yr old man was so scattered at lunch time.
My parents though... thats a different story, I think it would do some major damage if they knew.

The topic of raves and drugs come up quite freaquently in my house. They ask how many people are on drugs at rave, I've had discussions with them while they've had friends over all about ecstasy, and MDMA, that it doesn't kill, the real story about Anna Wood, and it always finishes with "you don't take drugs do you", to which I answer no. When I come home from a rave they always ask if it was good, then they say "gee you look tired, you must have been dancing a lot" to which I answer yeah, and they then ask how do you dance for so long, I answer "energy drinks, the vibe of the place pumps you up, the music pumps you up" and they seem content with that.
Deep down I think they know that I do it, but as the phrase goes ignorance is bliss. Hopefully in time I could tell them that I have it, and that I am safe in my drug consumption, but at the moment, they'd just spin out, and blame a lot of recent events in my life for drug use.
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Ha ha ha....*thinks*....Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..Telling my parents about ANY drug taking would result in immediate expulsion from the family, many flying objects (identifiable and not), a legal battle to have my surname changed and me being erased from family history....
Ahhh the joys of immigrant parents, mind-set stuck in the fiftes, work IS life attitude and everything else under the sun!
It's "bad" enough in their eyes that I have a girlfriend who is divorced and has a son! Lord if they knew of the drugs and all...Fuck. Those of you who can talk to their parents openly are very lucky indeed. Enjoy the experimentation, openness and honesty.
Not to touch the earth
Not to feel the sun
Nothing left to do but RUN, RUN, RUN!
Let's run!
House upon the hill
Moon is lying still...
Why doI always think of the Doors when I'm on this board?

"Ignorance is bliss", is a saying that has come up frequently on this thread. I agree totally. Personally I was thinking about mentioning just marijuana use to see how they would take it, and was getting closer to broaching the subject, but after seeing my parents recent reaction to just cigarettes (hypocritical - since they both used to smoke) which are legal, I have done an abrupt about face on the matter.
I also think that parents will strive for ignorance when they can. Many parents that I know of will go to enormous lengths to keep themselves in the denial that their children are using drugs. Pills are easy to confuse as some kind of medication so happening on a small quantity is quickly dismissable. Other drugs are harder to write off as something else, but there is a point at which they adopt a 'dont ask dont tell' kind of attitude until they are given cause for concern.
Anyone else find this kind of push for ignorance?

Mum's the best, she thinks that people smoke choof at raves and thats it! hehehe, but unfortunately i couldn't tell her i pop, would break her heart and i would lose all respect with her. She's anti-drug meaning regardless if they are legal or illegal, good or bad, they are negatives in her books. I think choof is acceptable, but she doesnt have to know about that either. I have told her i tried it a few times, apart from that, we don't talk about the drug issue. All she asks when i come home from a rave is: "WAS THE DJ GOOD?"
wink.gif

*HUGZ-2-ALL*
Mr.Klownzy!

Mr. Klownz: And you say, "Yeah it was CK last night, he was mind blowing." ?
smile.gif

hmmmmmm.....NO!!! I'd never tell my parents what i took. I mean recently when they found out my younger bro was smoking pot they were REALLY pissed off and were convinced he was going to turn into a heroin addict (cause that's where pot leads!!!).
They know i go to raves, dance all nite, drive home and then sleep but never say anything. Maybe deep down they know??? A few years ago i told my dad i was going to a doof and he turned around and said 'People take drugs at those places'.(HUH...but they don't at raves?????? )
I have friends whose parents know + everytime they go out, even if it's just to the movies, their parents think they are going out taking drugs....i don't want to have to deal with that!

Me and my mother have opposing views on drugs. We have discussed the late into the night on quite a few occasions, I understand her point of view, and she mine. I find she is right when she points out that drugs should never take over your whole outlook on life, they should be on the side and in balance.
My dad is not really interested.
My mum knows all that I have taken, she even opened my GHB and looked up information on the internet! UGH! That was an ugly day!
smile.gif