• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bacteria cause of British heroin deaths

ahhh what a marvelous array of links you provide johnboy.
I shall never be short of reading material
smile.gif

I read a very similar article in "New Scientist" which stated the bacteria "Anthrax" had been found in heroin samples in Europe, and would explain a spate of deaths. The article implied that the killer bacteria was most probably delibrately added.
I'll have a hunt at home for he mag.
pkn.

there has been quite a few recorded cases of junkies contracting gross ifections from shooting up with lemon juice believing it to be sterile duh

Over here in San Fran/Bay Area, at least a couple of times a year there is an outbreak of bacteria in black tar heroin which is what addicts shoot up here...
What basically happens is that when users shoot up the bacteria festers in the needle wound, and gets into the bloodstream. Its a necriphying (sp?) bacteria, so big open wounds develop and the bacteria literally starts eating the flesh around it. A minimum of a couple of people die and they have it all over local news for about two weeks. Then everyone forgets about it until next time.
Nice huh? Lovely way to go.
------------------
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and DOGGONE it, people like me"

Pubdate: Wed, 07 Jun 2000
Source: Irish Times, The (Ireland)
Copyright: 2000 The Irish Times
Address: 11-15 D'Olier St, Dublin 2, Ireland
Fax: + 353 1 671 9407
Author: Kevin Myers
Note: Headline by Newshawk
HEROIN HARM AND PROHIBITION
What with events in the Netherlands, and the plague of deaths in Ireland and Scotland, we seem - albeit inadvertently - to have come up with a solution to the drugs problem. On the one hand, we make it impossible for drugs users to tell the difference between heroin which will do the trick and heroin which will put them on a slab with a label around their toe; and on the other, we hand over control of the market to that notoriously fickle species, the drugs baron, who tends to go round bumping off his rivals. Pretty soon, we have lots of dead bodies, and no drugs problem; is that not right?
And if you think that's the case, you also probably believe that Newgrange was built by Martians - not that it matters what you believe. Our policies towards the use of illegal drugs contain as much sense as plans for a electron microscope drawn up by a class of five-year-olds in a Montessori for the bewildered. We know they don't work; and what is more, as the dead bodies mount, and the circle of human tragedy spreads, we can be sure that a deliberate and studied stupidity masquerading as policy will continue to guide our responses to drugs use.
Lethal Heroin
As policy, we have decided that drugs users are to be denied the protection in law afforded to the consumers of other commodities. It is no more illegalto sell lethal heroin than it is to sell the normal stuff. In fact the only protection the heroin user has comes not from the law, but from the commercially prudent desire of the pusher to keep his (or her) market alive and injecting. However, even that consideration is diluted if the rule of law is successful, and the drugs supply diminishes. The net effect of that triumph for law and order is that the price of heroin goes up, the users becomes more desperate, and the drugs baron can sell whatever drugs he likes, no matter how contaminated, because demand outstrips supply to the point where even an intravenous massacre will not seriously reduce drug sales.
Thus you get the real triumph of the rigged market: large profits, high prices, a huge death toll, and some law enforcement officer contemplating the colossal success of the war against drugs. So everyone, including the undertakers, but perhaps not the loved ones of the dead junkies (and they hardly count), is happy. Policy driven to its logical conclusion: i.e., utter failure.
This is not a branch of astrophysics in which the only text books have been written in Tibetan. This is something quite accessible to common sense and the ineluctable laws of the marketplace. If you criminalise the consumption of anything for which there is a demand, you create a monopoly for the criminal underworld, who generally speaking, are more devious, more ruthless and more imaginative than the salaried state officials opposing them. In addition to their own cunning and ingenuity, they have the vast guile, the wit and the resources of those in the marketplace who want the commodity over which they have been given a monopoly by the state.
Prohibition
No democratic state has ever won such a battle, as the US discovered with its Prohibition laws against alcohol. Similarly, no society in the world - free, communist, or Islamic - has been able to eliminate the market for heroin. Since it is outside the rule of law, that market is the preserve of the violent and psychopathic; and they have triumphed everywhere. Geneva and Vancouver, Stockholm and Lyons, London and Cork - every city has its heroin users, its needle parks, and no society guards its junkies against lethal drugs.
Why not? Are they not citizens too? Did they forfeit their rights to life, their protection against contamination and casual homicide, the moment they became addicts? Did their humanity vanish along with their resistance to addictive drugs? And what kind of society is it that ruthlessly refuses to monitor the quality of the drugs they take, which drives up the price of those drugs by creating a market monopoly for the most unscrupulous villains in the community, and then - the icing on the cake - hounds those girls who have turned to prostitution to pay the high prices caused solely by state interference in the marketplace?
Protection
The issue is not whether or not one approves of drugs. We do anyway. The very substance used in the Catholic consecration is outlawed in most Muslim countries (which must still enforce their drugs laws with the executioners' blade; and even that threat does not end the demand for, and the supply of, illegal drugs). Alcohol is addictive for many; and not for others. The same might - or might not - be true of heroin. I do not care; nothing on this earth would persuade me - or indeed, the vast majority of us - to dabble with it. But for those who do, the protections and the consumer laws of civil society should not be withdrawn.
The deaths of the young junkies in Dublin are an abomination, yet the State seems to feel no shame for its role in the creation of a marketplace controlled by evil people, the Dunnes, the Mitchells and the Fellonis and their like, at the expense of the vulnerable, the poor, the marginalised. This is not through inadvertence, clandestinity or corruption, as were the great matters before today's tribunals. This is open, stated policy; and it is the true scandal of Irish life.
Review Editor:
International Journal of Drug Policy http://www.elsevier.nl/
Official Journal of the International Harm Reduction Association
subscriptions: [email protected] [email protected]
Webmaster:
DRCNet Online Library of Drug Policy http://www.druglibrary.org/
The Psychedelic Library http://www.psychedelic-library.org/
_________ Zero Tolerance — a symptom of Zero Thinking __________
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

I don't have much to say here other than i have first hand information of a major conspiracy or something by our government.
The government has a sweep it under the carpet approach to Heroin. I say this with the knowledge of how my younger sibling overdosed on heroin and how friends and ambulance staff kept him going for over 20mins before his death. With exeption of the ambulance staff he was seen by these others injecting and they witnessed him turn blue and go into convulsions.
On the coroners report the cause of death was stated as a heart attack and there where no mention of any drugs whatsoever.
Now my guess is the government is hiding the real statistics in Oz as they are just in their mind culling a lost generation and making unemployment seem better etc by getting junkies off the books. For fuck sake, legal injecting rooms, we will let you kill yourself is the true story here, you may inject a deadly drug and die, we do not care.
What we do care about is stopping peaople from taking substances such as mdma which is much safer, what we would prefer to do is waste money watching people die than research/produce safe and clean drugs.
I still don't know what to make of all this around me but it's just killing your own people - Australia at war with itself !!!
People are going to take drugs, you can't control the people so change your approach and try to control the drugs.