Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

losing the plot on e

XSI11V

Bluelighter
This is a topic i've never given much thought to. Like many rollers I file away issues such as this and long-term effects at the very back of my mind.
But recently I was forced to think about it when I witnessed my g/f's brother losing the plot.
I'd always been skeptical of stories of people losing the plot on 'e' -
i seriously treated them as urban myths -
I believed that there was really only a risk of losing it whilst tripping, or from speed (speed psychosis).
My g/f's brother was just ending an outta control 4 day binge of e's, go, charlie, pot
and basically flipped out big-time when someone took his picture at a nightclub.
Being a public servant he reckoned he was be followed, and would lose his job as they now knew about his habits.
Once home he urged me to get rid of everything - he was too freaked out to talk so he wrote messages on paper "I got busted bigtime - the cop are coming - watch out for cars which have number plates start with an 'A' - I've lost my job - lost everything"
He had no idea - he lay in bed uttering crap in a trance.
I don't really have a point except that now that i know this can happen, i think that only certain people (eg. already with a paranoid personality)would be significantly more susceptible to this happening. What do you think? Has anyone else lost it, or known of someone who has... I'd be interested to hear what happened. It took him a few days to get back to anywhere near normal.

Well I have only ever had paranoia once and it was on the third straight day of partying, after 2g of speed and 7 pills (all top quality pills) and it wasn't bad paranoia like your friend experienced, simply paranoia where i thought everyone was looking at me and laughing at me....it wasn't helped by the fact it was at sos which is a daylight event in the middle of a big courtyard...
Personally i think it was more exhaustion from not sleeping in 3 days and the amount of speed and e consumed was plain ridiculous....I don't think it was related to personality etc as i am the least paranoid person by nature you would meet and i have only ever been paranoid that one time...i now never party over multiple days
[This message has been edited by DoC (edited 15 June 2000).]

sounds like he more likely lost it due to the other drugs. that would be my guess.
I've seen speed psychosis in action and it is very similar to that.
hope he's alright now anyways
frown.gif

yeah probably was speed psychosis
from pills....
remember to support australian made guys - proudly manufacturing the world's best speedbombs - actually we've got a bit of a monopoly going I think.

DoC might have hit the nail on the head, lack of quality REM sleep for a couple days can make your brain do funny things. I found a fairly detailed article (among hundreds on the subject) with a quick search on the web: Types of Sleep Deprivation.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I know someone who had a similar experience. He'd started partying and within about 3-6 months of dropping his first pill he was taking a few each night and going out a few nights a week, basically all weekend on some occasions. He nearly lost his position in the Navy because of it, and he lost the respect of a lot of his friends. He finally got his act together and headed off on a placement on some ship and last I heard he was doing well...
The point is, it can happen, and it can happen with E only, but it can be dealt with and turned around.
------------------
Common Sense isn't all that common

yep...i had a bad experience after a lot of speed, pills and then bongs...got all paranoid for half a day...then i got better, smoked some more and went to sleep...
...but yes we all have to be aware that it can happen TO US!!!

Sounds more like a speed pill than an E...and lack of sleep will fuck anyone up...Ive had a shitty comedown all week coz I didnt sleep on Monday...whereas Id be peacy if Id had say 3-4 hours sleep during the day somewhere

This is a simple case where big night just don't end maybe because the person dosn't want it to, but then again who does want a good pill experience to end?
The answer to these problems is SLEEP.
Without it you'll hallucinate and possibly lose it. Speed in excess amounts with pills is the prime example.
Over 'n' out....
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.

It is funny that we all know how bad you feel after a Ridiculous night out on drugs. The question is, why do we do it???
smile.gif

"Some questions where never meant to be answered"

I guess we do it because we are all stupid!
More likely we believe that the pros far outweight the cons of drug use.
For some people, I guess they do it as a rebellious act against parents, society etc.
Then again - I just do it becase I love it!
I will stop raving now, cause I know that was really a rhetorical question!

"yeah speed will do that to yer"
bull fucken shit!
I've stayed up for 4-5 days many times on speed and pot only (no pills) and never had anything remotely like this happen. So Nerr.
I think that for this sort of thing to happen, you have to susceptible to it, not so much weak minded, but vulnerable to it in some way.
Stick your speed pyshosis up yer arse, it doesn't happen unless your vulnerable to it or you try to go for over a week without sleep, then thats more like a lack-of-sleep pyschosis yeah??
I think you are heaps more likely to get in this way from pills than speed. Which one is more of a head fuck? Which one distorts your mind more? Well unless you get speed that is cut with something that causes these effects (ie not the fucken speed causing the effects) then you'll be fine with wizz, trust me. But pills, well they work on more of your brain at once and are heaps more of a headfuck, I think that pills are to blame here.
I get touchy when people try to diss my pal

yeah it was prolly speed psychosis and that. Its not like we are being watched all the time. Not like drugs actually make us more alert to the eyes. cause u know they are out there. watching. watching you all the time. Just you. just watching, waiting. Oh you can run, but they are there too. always there. always watching. ITs not like drugs are banned so we cant see them. Be in their world. See the eyes. poke the eyes. Destroy them. There in the walls you know, you think its someone else, anyone nearby but its not. ITs them! there there!! they are there but also not there enough to see them. Just enough so they can see u. But u can feel them. watching. waiting.
------------------
We must discover new frontiers... People have been standing for centuries before a worm-eaten door, making pinholes in it with increasing ease. The time has come to kick it down, for it is only on the other side that everything begins.
-Raoul Vaneigem

I lost it once...
it wasn't the best thing that has ever happened to me but it surely woke me up to the fact that if you dont sleep you flip out,
and flipping out is not good at all...
but after the few times i have lost it 2wice just a little bit.
and once completely lost it,
i mean completely,
i could basically talk myself into anything.
eg.. thought i was dying....
talking my self into thinking that i was fainting (lightheadiness)
the things i feel that make you lose it i think would have to be the combination of now sleep, smoking weed as your coming down off a pill, and also JUST LACK OF SLEEP...
the other 2 times weren't half as bad and i quite enjoyed i losing it for a while...
losing it is okay if its only slightly as in completely skattered and have no idea whats going on. and just being out on a dance floor and doing crazy shit....
and people next to you thinking "will he be okay you think"?
but yeah......
suggestion: Sleep when you have a chance between going out, dont think that your hercules and you will never lose it because it CAN happen to everyone..
Remedy if you flip out: Go lay down in a safe place that you are familair with.
okay take it easy,
Do what ever you do safely
consider what i have suggested. its the truth.
------------------
i am the red rocker

k2....You really need to stay away from dope and acid...You are one paranoid dude..
WATCH OUT! They're coming.....
:)
he he he
Stay cool out there!
Shazbutt!

I don't think you would lose the plot like that on E (if E = mdma) but on speedy pills on the other hand i have done twice this year myself i know it was the pills cause i haven't taken anything else this year.
This is one of my experiences fro you to have a laugh at
smile.gif

All week work from 7am to 4 pm - come friday, rush home pack shit and get to the airport to fly from bris - sydney. Arrive in Sydney at 6.30pm after leaning bris at 6 pm - Daylight savings = gain 1 hour. 20 min drive to friends house. Now the usual catching up and a few cones it 20 hours awake before getting any sleep.
The next day is spent catching up with a few relitives - bla bla....... and then the fun starts. 9pm saturday and feeling pretty tired (big week, not much sleep). It's off pilling I go. Basically from this point sat night turns into sunday and sunday afternnoon I flip out at S.O.S. (36 hours no sleep 7-8 speed pills and a few cones for good measure)
The result is fucking scary let me tell you. I had 1000 ppls all seeming to be staring at me at once and i was getting more paranoid by the second and i had to get away from everyone but could barely walk and the couple of ppls i was with where just the same.
I got up and went outside and sat on these steps and when this big bouncer sized body starts coming towards me it just freaks me out more. He actually just wants to see if i'm ok and i said yes cause i was so paranoid that he could also of been a cop, anyway this guy gos on about how he lost the plot once had moved down the south coast to chill cause he was suffering from speed phycosis and i take his babbling story in to my mashed brain.
At this point it became very hard to distinguish reality from what my head was thinking and i am saying to myself "it's not real, it's not real" and i think shit everyones looking at me again but i am sitting by myself. ( the best way to picture how i felt was if you have seen the movie two-hands and everyones pout to get heath ledger - taht was how i felt). After sitting there for 5 minutes i decide that i should go chill in the car for a while and think again about that cause i would have to cross the road and might get run over.( Funny how i was sitting on the stairs of that bridge over the road). Anyway i managed to get up and was heading back inside to find my friends and when i found them they said they had been looking for me for about an hour - I looked at my watch and realised that what i thought happened in 5 minutes was actually two hours.
At this point i went inside and Bexta was playing so being from brisvegas it kinda felt good and it was like i was at home. The bad/weird shit is over - or is it.
10 pm and S.O.S is over and i'm feeling a bit better. We get in the car and decide to go to a club because we are too awake and haev a few pills left to get rid of so as we drive over the harbour bridge we all have another pill amd i decide to be greedy and have two and quickly chew them up.
The bad/weird vibe comes back when we pull up at the toll booths and some guy is in the middle of his armed hold-up and we interupt. I can rember the toll guy sayinhg please help or something and just driving off at high speed cause we don't want to be shot.
Next we are heading down some street in the cross and there is this guy with a car trailer stopped in the middle of the road and car alarms going off left right and centre and iI catch out iof the corner of my eye a guy smaching a cars window with a crow bar and once again we speed off.
When we finally park the car, I get straight out and open the boot and grab the toolbox and my friend asks what the fuck i'm doing and my reply was that I am taking the numberplates off the car so that the guy we saw robbing the toll booths can't track us down as easy.
It's about 10.30 pm and i can just remember sitting in this club with my friends and it wasn't too bad actually and we stayed until about 3am and decided our weekend was over. When we got back to thew car my friend who was the driver starts to mumble shit and say he can't drive and is seeing shit and is going down the path i had earlier at S.O.S so i took the keys and drove home.
My friends might I add "company" car made it about 100 meters away from his house (10km from the city) before it shit cause i drove all the way home with the handbrake on.
Anyway when we get back inside the house everyone else just go's to sleep and i stay awake cause i am thinking i don't want to miss my flight back to brisbane and might sleep for too long if i go to sleep at all so went for a walk to the shop and got a few red bulls to help stay awake.
Well i got back to brisbane on monday night and about all i can remember was the stewardess on the plane waking me up when we landed and pretty much passing out and sleeping for a day when i got home and at that point I had been awake for 60 hours and like i say had a big week at work the week before.
Now i don't think the flipping out had anything to do with sleep deprevation because I was going in and out of this state I was in and if it was sleep deprevation I imagine it would have syayed and got worse.
Moral of the story - Rest up before you have your pills and a couple of pills is plenty - they are just a waste after the 3rd one and if you are getting speedy pills atm shop elsewhere. I think there are many factors to blame for flipping out and it's a combination of things but mainly just too many drugs, People might tell you they have had only so many but might have forgotton how many they really had when in this state. I only know cause I started out woith 10 and had them all myself.

Have experienced this a couple of times. Even when talking only 1 pill. Not a strong one either. I think it has to do with the effect that the mdma causes. When your a regular user, the effect of the methamphetamine in the mdma is stronger than the lovely feeling effect. If you don't take a break that's long enough to fully recover your serotonin level, the chances to freak out are much higher then when you take the needed break.
This is my personal meaning and I have experienced it many times.
comments?

Hey mini-mE, I've had a similar experience on about 6 High strength MDMA pills a bit a speed, pot and a few licks of ravepaper. Mind you it was only a night and a day but I hadn't popped for about 3 months so my tollerance was super low!
I thought these people with fast trak labelled on there arms were undercover cops following me. Actually they were only bouncers. I was sitting in Arc sweeting my date off and this chick came up to me and rubbed ice cubes all over my body. As I sat there tripping my balls off from the acid, I wasn't sure if I was Eing tripping/speeding or all of the above. Sensory OVERLOAD
I felt like a bit a skitzo alien.
Oh yeah I lost my mobile, but I rang it and I ended up getting it back!
Fortunately, I told myself that I was invincible and my behaviour turned catatonic despair to Flying High!

Hey mini-mE, I've had a similar experience on about 6 High strength MDMA pills a bit a speed, pot and a few licks of ravepaper. Mind you it was only a night and a day but I hadn't popped for about 3 months so my tollerance was super low!
I thought these people with fast trak labelled on there arms were undercover cops following me. Actually they were only bouncers. I was sitting in Arc sweeting my date off and this chick came up to me and rubbed ice cubes all over my body. As I sat there tripping my balls off from the acid, I wasn't sure if I was Eing tripping/speeding or all of the above. Sensory OVERLOAD
I felt like a bit a skitzo alien.
Oh yeah I lost my mobile, but I rang it and I ended up getting it back!
Fortunately, I told myself that I was invincible and my behaviour turned catatonic despair to Flying High!

Its funny I've only really flipped out once. 2 days later with a friend I took some more acid. I was fine and then the bad trip started again... Confronted myself and my worst fears/issues head on. Listening to the voices in my head I hopped in a cab taking me all the way to Bondi Beach where the answer was waiting.
U see I had been ignoring my girlfriend for about a week due to various things going on in my life.
A quick phone call to my girlfriend and the words i love u and suddenly there was no voices/bad feelings or paranoia!
Since then the thought of having a bad/paranoid trip doesn't even enter my mind.