Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill Testing in America

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
i just read this on the dancesafe mailing list and thought it might be interest... lets hope none of this shit hapens when we start tabling raves...
i've just quoted the relevant part...
To: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:44:45 -0400
Subject: Re: [dsafe] more pma questions...
Around 5PM a dealer came over to the table and found out he had a bunk pill. He said to our tester, "You better not fucking tell anyone about this, right?" and then he said, "I'll be back later" in a very menacing tone. Around 6PM a kid told us that a dealer swiped one of the pages from our binder because it reported the pills he was selling as bunk. (our binders are color printouts of the Dancesafe lab test results.)
Around 10:30 when 2 users and 2 dealers came up to the table with pills. When Soren was about to pour the reagent to test the pill, Brandon relayed a message from one of the dealers, "If you tell the girls that the pill is fake we'll break your jaw." Soren tested the pill, told the girls that the pill was fake. The dealers screamed profanities at the girl's who wanted their money back and said, "What the fuck does he know?" and then threatened the testers saying that if they did not leave the party in the next 3 minutes, that they would come back with their friends and "our stuff and deal with you" implying weapons of some type.
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

Thats horrible.
I think this is why some people feel a little strange asking thier dd's if they can test pills.
I guess some people will always just be in it for the money. Shame really. Why can't we all just have fun?
frown.gif

they need some bigass bouncers to beat the crap out of anyone who threatens them...maybe that'll teach the fuckers not to sell bunk pills
smile.gif

yet another reason not to buy on the night...

Man thats not raving
thats not what it should be like
*sob* whats happening to the scene I love and to my chosen family?
I second the notion of a need for bouncer support for the guys, they should be treated like any other event staff.
No bashings tho, thats one of the things what the bouncers are there to stop.
*sob*
I kinda wish I never read that.
*puts up hand*
I'll protect them, testing is what we need. Bad ass DDs like this, and any that knowingly or even unknowingly sell non MD** pills are what we need to work towards wiping out.
hmmm, I'd say viva la resistance
but I'm not sure its been born yet
------------------
ultimately, we just want to be happy

Even though we 'bend' the law so to speak, after all personal consumption is not legal - yet
wink.gif
- it pisses me off how some people think they are above the law.
A perfect case for some GHB in the drink and a drop-off at the local lockup full of 7-foot-hairy-butt-slammer-eat-little-white-boys-for-breakfast type of place.
I've heard the advice given regularly here, when it comes to dd's remember that they are there to serve the user, not the other way around - though they would like ppl to think that way. If you get fucked over then go somewhere else, and do as much damage to their reps via word-of-mouth as possible. The guys here in the States are obviously starting to get this message and are getting nervous.
Cheers,
hux.
[This message has been edited by huxley (edited 13 June 2000).]

"they need some bigass bouncers to beat the crap out of anyone who threatens them...maybe that'll teach the fuckers not to sell bunk pills "
*Buuuuzt!* Wrong answer! It's OUR party, and OUR safty, so it's OUR responsibility to stand by our friends (like dancesafe) and support them as they support us. If I had heard that exchange (threating a DS volunteer for giving a truthful answer) then I would have stood near the table, and hung out to make sure everything stayed cool. Not interfearing, or counter-threatening, but just being there. People rarely get violent when they see their out numbered.
Remember the U in PLUR- it's unity, and it includes yoU!
-hatboi