Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian Hash

speedygonzales

Bluelighter
I'v been doing some reading on the net and found out that real hash is made from the pollem of buds sqweesed together. ok that what it says on the internet. but Does anybody know if the hash sold here in australia is made from the pollem of buds or is it some kind of chemicaly extracted hash. you know the hash u ussaly get which is dark brown and softens when heated

It is made many different ways depending on which country you are discussing.

Here in Australia there is only a small cottage industry in Hash making due to the high cost of labour and the relative low margin in comparison to selling manicured bud.

There has been the cold water extraction method and the Hash drum method and the Alcohol method.....however as far as I know it is limited to a few lucky individuals who have the time and desire to partake of this endevour.

I might add the Cold Water method produces a wonderful high...not too paranoid, but cerebral and floaty!!!!!=D

Blond hash or skuff is made from siftings of buds or the cold water method and gives u a brilliant high whereas brown hash gives u that really heavy stoned feeling and is usually made from an alcohol extraction.
both are real hash although in my opinion blonde is the only way to go, dark hash is too similar to smoking heaps of green and i end up falling asleep.

real hash is made from the pollem of buds sqweesed together

I've never found pollen hash to be very good. It has much less THC than female sourced resin, hash etc.

Hash making is as limited as the imagination. I've heard of very high quality hash being made from head leaf by using screen printing material, ice and a front loading washing machine =D

yah, we used to just scrape resin out of the cofee grinder (a.k.a Moulee) and compress it into little blocks, mates when they needed cones would just raid the thing and get smashed as :)

i have found hash to be non existent, like BongoBongo said, there isnt much of a market compared to buds. Personally, id love to see some nice hash.

The only hash ive seen is from growers.

I had some black hash just recently for the first time, (in amsterdam), and being a non-smoker - I had to goto the hotel and just lay down for about 10 hours - it totally destroyed me.

yet I had something that someone called "hash" here, and it had very different effects.

I'm a reformed smoker now..but was involved in introducing bubble bags to australia.I no longer have anything to do with the cannabis scene but was a well known member of a popular cannabis site known for the large plants i used to grow.Barge (photog from Cannibus Culture) and I did a hash making demo at the Mardigrass a few years back..we made full melt soft putty from head leaf trim. If you grow your own its easy to make high quality hash. One word of caution..get caught doing this and its a serious offence. Do a search on the net for bubble hash or ice hash and you'll find all you need to know. Quality wise its pretty hard to beat.

C1

a few people I've spoken to who live in the US and canada and use bubble bags reckon they're THE shit and say they're definately worth the extra money for the quality of product over solvent extractions and loose trichome collection.

Resin hash is a near zero market. Though there are still areas where hash oil is quite popular as it is usually extracted from trim and leftovers from crops. Just means a grower can make extra cash on shit he would usually throw away. But resin hash is more for the enthusiast. I personally like making hash (of all types) but get to seldom to it. I usually make my resin hash by using silk screens of different gradiency, as this is how my dad taught me to make it (he is an old time turk who smoked a lot of hash). Generally u get different qualities from different levels of screen gradiency. usually 3-4 screens is enough. But when u use 6, the last screening is what gets u blonde hash. Real blonde hash is utterly golden/cream and opaque. when compressed, it hardens like a rock. It is quite translucent and looks very nice. Quite a tickle on the throat and lungs though and can be quite intense for some smokers.
Though best resin hash I ever made was with some white widow tip leaf. It left a grey block, didn't go black, and fucken hell....BLAMO!!

[Edit: Please read the Posting Guidelines. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Bubble bags are the way to go... As D D said different size screens give of a better grade the smaller you go. White widow was always a favourite :)

S.

The best hash I have ever tried was locally made using the
head leaf & ice / cold water method. It was a really light brown, with elements of green, and like plasticine. It tasted pretty sweet too...

scraping the Moulee rocks.. closed thing i get to hash.

(im a forum noob, it sais im a green lighter but i want to be a blue lighter
how do i fix?)