Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

half or whole?

lilmonkey

Bluelighter
I did a search for this topic but didn't have any luck, so I'm posting a new message.
just wondering, obviously if you take half a pill, it won't affect you as much as a whole one... but would it be less, say, INTENSE... or be the same, but just last for a shorter duration?
or both?
smile.gif

and I'm talking about taking half a pill only, not taking two halves over a period of time, because I figure that would be different again!

ok, as far as my experiences go, it's less intense (prolly 1/2 as intense) and last for slightly shorter (maybe 3/4 of the time). I find if you have a very weak pill a half might not even hit at all. I only take whole pills these days as i like the rush as the pill kicks in all at once. My gf though always takes half followed by another half 2-3 hours later, works just fine for her. This makes the pill less intense, but lasts for longer, which is good for her, because she likes to be as in control as possible, where as i like to let myself go, I figure thats the whole purpose of the experience for me
smile.gif

hope that helps a lil

ok remember that pills range, in dosage of MDMA, anywhere from 40mg to 140mg.
this is important as the threshold dosage (ie the minimum amount it takes the average person to have the full MDMA experiencce) is around 100mg, depending on body weight.
many australian pills seem to be more at the lower end of the scale, definitly sub-100mg. many imports are also this low but some are definitely +120mg.
this is a reason why talking about a half or a whole is next to useless and in many ways dangerous. a full local pill is not going to be as strong as, say, half, or even quarter of an import like the original CKs.
until we get ful lab testing there is no way to ve sure but yu can use www.pillreports.com for some educated guesses. and these guesse would have to be made on each pill, and i guess on each batch too.
i dont mean to piss on anyones parade that is trying to give advice on this topic, but i have seen too many people get complacent with taking a full pill and then suddenly be in a bad way because they have never had a pill that strong.
my advice would be unless you know something about the pill to do it in halves. once you feel the half coming on you can usually judge its strength. and its better to think "hmm next time i'll take a whole" than think "sweet jezuz, why did i take that whole.. i think i'm going to be sick"
throwing up a pill is sad for so many reasons, but remember it happens usually because the pill is too strong, and if you use a little bit of caution then it probably wont happen.
oh course this only applies to pills with MDMA in them...

I agree with what uve said jb however the phrase "threshold dosage" generally refers to the dose which allows you to sense/feel the effects.
I think for MDMA this is 30-50mg depending on the person obviously.
But yes to have the full 5-6 exp we need 100+ many of us closer to 150mg of it.
100mg+ pills are so rare nowadays, and unless u are having one a half a pill may do nothing.
But do listen to the advice, if u r not exp, or quite light etc be careful.

mona, you're a classic.
From my experience, taking halves isn't worth your money. When I started rollin' I only took halves on a number of occasions. By taking halves you don't get the full effect. Even if you take the other half later, it's not as good.
I won't take half pills anymore, but thats you're decision.

well I only usually have halves like 2 hours after
you know 1 half at the start, then the other half (snorted) in the next 2 hours.
But I think I'm just going to buy 2 pills now, and have 1 full one instead of half.

moan-ah, i'm with you...go hard or go home!
------------------
Beat it like it owes you money.....

mona...is that kinda like wholes can be plugged in ya butt...but a half must go in ya pussy??? all seems a bit confusing to me
smile.gif

Well I find it totally weird...like I can do say 3 halves and have a great night...all the right effects, and do 3 wholes, and seem to get not as much from it. Is it possible that the serotonin release from a whole is depleted after one and the other wholes just do nothing, whereas doing halves releases serotonin a bit by bit???

I do halves
Entropope no like head fuck
The closest I'll come to having a whole is eating two halves, half an hour apart.
I could only really enjoy a whole pill if I'd had copious amount of wizz to keep my brain functioning how I like it

jb, i thought that the size of your body didn't matter, because its the brain that the pill takes effect on?
i thought that was one of the first things i read about... that the effects are not really any different because of body size... hmmm, i dunnno, guess i was wrong...
bigfoot dragon.

with entropope on this one. i find it the best and the safest to drop a half and then 30 mins later, just as u r starting to feel the first half (u can always tell by the way the pill comes on how strong it is...well almost always
smile.gif
). This makes the peak and the entire roll last longer and it also makes it the most intense...FOR ME...personally...
wink.gif

If i've had the pill b4...and know how much it will wreck me...then i might drop a whole at once...this is rare tho...
hope it helps...
smile.gif
frown.gif
wink.gif
frown.gif

princehamlet
[This message has been edited by Hamlet (edited 06 June 2000).]

I WAS KIDDING!!!!!
honestly it's a personal thing... just so no-one thinks i was serious
smile.gif

Smurf: ok plugging is bearable.. but it still burns.. aint no way that little burning bugger's getting anywhere NEAR that 'other' (sorry can't use the word pussy in that contextEW!!!! i just did! blech!)place..
heheheee..
yeah. I don't take halves, i never have BUT i'm thinking that i might start to try it (as part of my Pill Rebirth
wink.gif
) - ya know, the layering effect. Still have the same amount of pills but just spread it out. I just hate the idea of halves because one half is always going to be bigger than the other AND you have to break them open with your teeth...YUCK!!! i'm gonna invest in a pill cutter.
Man the chemist downstairs is gonna start getting sus of me.. not too long ago i went in there to buy some satchies (!!! i know - i didn't even THINK that i should go to the newsagents instead, i just thought - satchies = Chems = chemist) they looked at me strangely, then I bought a measuring eye dropper thing for the G, stocked up on some codeine, now a pill cutter??? *giggle* the satchie thing was classic though, I was rather stoned at the time with 2 of my friends with me and I was carrying my newly recieved orange Nikelodeon beach ball, was wearing an ornage and blue Nikelodeon t-shirt, carrying a big orange Nikelodeon keyring,and had fluro orange masseurs.. i looked comical to say the least, my friend was buying Clear Eyes (hehehe so stoned) and the girl i asked was really young and i said
"Do you have any of those little plastic bags that do up at the top with the little red stripe" she said "oh you mean a satchie" i said "yeah" she had to ask the old guy.. he told me to go the hospital (???)
blah..what was this thread about again? I honestly forget.. why can't we scroll down the page to see the thread anymore???

Im sure you said "halves are for pussies"...yeah I wouldnt put one there either...but who am I to judge right
smile.gif
WAAAAAAAA this shit cracks me up
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Actually mona...the roy young chemist at chatswood has a great pill cutter and a pill crusher. They also have this neat box for medicinal purposes...holds like a sample for around 50 different types...Now thats the kinda nurse I want
smile.gif
...also the newsagent downstairs has bags of 100 so should last for like ages
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Smurf (edited 06 June 2000).]

I used to do em in halves. I used to be a pussy. heh heh. No more I say, only in wholes. I want the eyes flickering, complete loss of control, but clean as a fuck feeling, ya know? Make the most of it while my serotonin levels are healthy and young. For pills you are unsure of, halves are probably better. Also, like entropope, a lot of people prefer to have that nice euphoric(sp) feeling and in control, rather than the *grip-the-side-of-the-table, hold-on-for-the-ride-of-your-life* type feeling. Me?? the second
wink.gif
wink.gif

What eva rocks your boat I guess. Experimentation is the key!!
wink.gif

God damn mona you got in before me with that pussy reply.
Smurf....eeeewwww
smile.gif

i actually started off with pills whole but have now lately been going it in halves. Im not actually sure why this is. Always seem to like to wait about an hour or so tho to see exactly how the pill is going to effect me before dropping that other half. ANd half a pill has definatly effected me the same way as a whole pill. Think it can jts depend on who you are with and the music and your whole frame of mind on the night really. I can actually make myself peak harder if i think about it or think 'happy thoughts'. Think happy htought dorotothy think happy thoughts....It does work tho and i love nothing more than just sitting down and thinking about stuff i really love and i fdind that birngs the pill on storenger..hmm but i am totally getting sidetracked now tho arent i...derdumderdederdo.
------------------
Cause life aint nothing but a good groove
A good mix tape to put you in the right mood
+
Someone Please tell me where to get a TRANSFORMERS T-Shirt!! :)