Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Late nights a health hazard

DuckMan

Bluelighter
Was in the Herald Sun on 1st June 2000
It read,
Many Australians suffer poor health because their late-night lifestyles are throwing their body clocks out of whack, scientists warn.
Docs say the body clock, found deep in the hypothalamus, can set off heart disease and chronic fatigue syn when its rhythms are ignored.
The internal clock not only dictates when humans sleep, but synchronises hormones, immunity, alertness and body temp.
But every day,humans outsmart their body clocks by working and playing late into the night
wink.gif

Docs warm of the perils of suppressing the body clock in today's edn of New Scientist.
Getting up at a regular time and doing gentle exercises for 30mins a day can reset the clock.
We f
smile.gif
smile.gif
k our brains and body enough as it is. Try and get some sleep every now and then
wink.gif

------------------
quack

For the lifestyle we bluelighters live, it is very important that we make one thing a major priority when regards to our health.......and that is SLEEP. Yes diet is important, but if you are lacking in this department it WILL catch up with you.
------------------
My life is simply
Defined by every
Magnificent experience
Acquired by E.

The solution isn't less drugs... it's more drugs
smile.gif

Raider and I always talk about inventing a "sleep" pill which doesn't put you to sleep, but resets your body as if you have been asleep for a certain number of hours. Heh, comes in 16hour crash, 8hour sleep, 4hour snooze, 2hr nap and 30min powernap doses.
Damn - getting a bit tired, pop some sleep and right as rain. (bit worried about the whole 'no REM for a few days causing waking hallucinations' thing, but then you wouldn't even need to shell out for cid, just stay up for a week or so).
Heh. Crazy stoned talk.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I saw a thing on tv or somewhere... can't remember now..
smile.gif
but apparantly those who have late night to late morning/early afternoon sleeping patterns have a higher mental alertness or ability or something?
I dunno, but i remember seeing it...
hmmm, back to bed...
- bigfoot dragon

ok before any pops up with the suggestion that maybe we should all take melatonin to help reset our clocks, i heard a while back that altho it seemed like it would work, recent double blind tests have shown that it has little or no effect... mind you im a bug fan of the placebo effect...
lack of sleep is the main reason i dont get trashed on the weekends, not just because i work during the day. it can really screw me up...

haha what you were saying about those sleep pills trancer
my dream is that at the current rate medical technology is increasing at, in a decade or two they will have invented a system where eveyweekend you go out, get trashed and completely screw your brain and your body up with lack of sleep, xsive drugs and exhausting your self, then on sunday night you plug your self into this machine and submerge your body in this tank of blue goo,and overnight it revitalises your body and brain and you go to skool monday as if youd slept all wknd, then you go and do it all again the next wknd