Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Chew or just swallow E?

HappyHardcoreRaver

Bluelighter
As you all know, E taste like shit when you chew it. For some reason I am convinced that you will roll harder if you chew the pill instead of just swallowing it. Is this true?
------------------
KeepOnRollin'

Plenty of posts on all the forums about this one - general consensus is that swallowing or plugging whole means there is less surface area of pill available to your mucous membranes, so the MDMA hits you slower as the pill dissolves. On the other hand that lasts longer too, but might be slightly less intense peak. Chewing, snorting, or crushing into a capsule to swallow or plug, should mean that more surface area (the outside of each piece of powder as opposed to the outside of the pill) is exposed to the absorbing membranes, so it comes on quicker, peaks harder, but wears off quicker too. Oh yeah, and if you noticed I mentioned plugging... apparently you can absorb up to 90% or something like that of the MDMA rectally as opposed to 40-60% orally.
Useful search words: plugging, snorting, swallowing.
(I just did a quick search of all open forums and archives, using the words "swallowing chewing" as search terms, and got 27 results just about all of which gave the same info, eg. To Chew or Not to Chew? from the New to XTC forum.)
Hope that's a help for you.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

That depends...do you want your teeth to fall out...if so then go ahead and chew...otherwise swallow

Thanks guys. Now that I think about it, this past weekend I finally rolled off of one pill. I haven't done that in a long time. I chewed it, but I noticed the roll came in almost less than half an hour, the peak was intense, then it was gone in an hour and a half. Maybe I should try just swallowing it and for once be happy with a decent, LONG roll. Although I can't say I'm too anxious to try to take it rectally! We'll see what happens this weekend. Thanks again.
------------------
KeepOnRollin'

What i do is chew half for the hard hitting comeon, and swallow the other half unbroken so it releases slower and prolongs the roll.

yeah i usually chew, but if they are heaps bitter, i wimp out and cant hack it, then i just swallow whats left...
BUT WHO CARES!!!
biggrin.gif

its all good!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

what about chewing up a pill when u r already on one?
does anyone else find thier sense of taste is so completely enhanced when on e that when u drop another pill it tastes even more absolutely horrible?

i'm such a big girly wuss...i get this shiver thing happening just when i start to think of SWALLOWING my pill...let alone think of chewing the damn thing!eeeewwwww yucky! i think i'd gag!

good girls always swallow *wink wink*
------------------
...blondes have more fun...

Why don't you just crush it up before-hand and wash it down with a nice beverage of your choice?

Ive always swallowed, crushin 'em just seems to make the e less intense for me, which isnt what I look for.
I did shaft 3 pills once at Glastonbury after my friend said she tried it once and it was like a wave of pleasure starting from your spine and moving to envelope your entire body...I felt jack sh#t. In one way, that was good, but in the way I wanted, it was bad. However, I swallowed some later on and felt just as amazing as I usually do
smile.gif

if im taking one i usually just swallow, if im taking more than one the second one i usualy chew half and swallo half, being used to the taste of panadol coz i couldn't swallow pills when i was a kid(hehe lucky i learned) i can hack the taste of even a good quality pill
------------------
two bickies are better than 1.......3 are even better
though ill take one euro over 3 fuken olympic shitty rings!
oh euro where art though?

well...i used to chew...but now i swallow...cos i always got little pieces of the pill stuck in my back teeth...and then the damn horrible taste keeps coming back all night...until the pill is completely gone...kinda like slow release thing tho,,,hahaha
wink.gif

shut up muckE...who asked u
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
princehamlet
biggrin.gif

If I'm trying to take a second pill my mouth it useally really dry and i have trouble getting it down 'cause of that.
Does this happen to anyone else?
------------------
Simba

Well, I'm back for anyone who cares. This past weekend I tried swallowing it. I had "PURES" too! It sucked. It took about 2 hours and 15 minutes for me to even feel anything and the whole time I just got more and more impatient. By the time I started rolling it was almost 3:30 in the moring. Then the roll wasn't even that much. I'm going back to chewing for sure.
------------------
KeepOnRollin'

Someone told me that ecstacy rots your teeth if you chew it. Has anyone else heard this?

I've found that chewing gets you more fucked faster, and swallowing it lasts longer but isnt as intense.
I prefer the intensity - as i'm usually on other drugs as well (smoke weed/hash - and once i candyflipped).
Has anyone tried snorting it? i know its more of a hassle, but once we had to split the fourth pill between three of us so we crushed it up in the car, and snorted.
and that way you wont have to taste it.
though i must say, i havent ever found pills to be too repulsive to chew - it's all over in a few seconds.
>> XSI11V >> i'm going to try what you said (chew half / swallow half). i havent done that before.
------------------
"Modern music is as dangerous as narcotics." Pietro Mascagni