Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

why call pot a soft drug?

astroboy007

Bluelighter
why do people still call pot a soft drug and deem it socially acceptable?ive hooked in to basically every drug and pot has effected me the most by far

I totally agree. It's so bizzare. I almost never touch pot because it fucks me up so much. When I was younger and using it regularly it turned me into a lazy shit who began doing horribly at school. Thankfully I stopped and actually made it to Uni.
Out of every drug I have used, it is by far the 'heaviest' in terms of fucking me up, making me vomit for hours on end and being just outright confused while I'm high.

Also, I'll nip in the bud and say you can't use the excuse it's not addictive, because I and all of you too have known people who smoke bongs constanly.

Well..... that's my story on pot =P

Probably because it's seen as unlikely to kill you, and also because you can easily grow it yourself.

Not to mention that it's not really addictive.

Pot can be a soft drug if taken once in a long while, but in the long term pot can be worste as any drug mentally. These days theres all sorts of chemicals in weed espcially fly spray. So i would say it depends on the gear your taking and also how you take it. But the main reason why it can be lethal is cause its one of the cheapest drugs you can get in the market besides ghb. Most people dont see the harm comming but definetly it can put you inside a mental institution and i have met people who has deeply is effected by cannibus.

^^^ WTF are you talking about? Who coats weed in fly spray?
Lethal,... WTF?

Sounds like you've been reading one to many Herald Sun articles 8)

My main point is theres many people who abuse and smoke cone after cone also theres different qualitys of weed if you heared of the term "super weed" it is addictive mentally but not physicaly. I do admit it doesnt kill you but it causes many symptons like allergys, eczema, itchyness & and it reeallys gets into your fingers and its very sticky but imagine cosuming it into your body

Psychadelic_Paisly said:
^^^ WTF are you talking about? Who coats weed in fly spray?
Lethal,... WTF?

Sounds like you've been reading one to many Herald Sun articles 8)

Yeah it does happen, its very dodgey, just remember that most weed is hydro and the chemicals forced into it during the growing stage are still present after harvest.. simply look at a bottle of monsta bud, " do not havest within one month of use..," so what the hell does that mean.. well the makers advise that you not eat any fruit grown within one month of use of the product.. i wounder if hydro weed growers care??

i have no idea why its called a soft drug.. maybe its seen that way due to the way it taken.. no chemistry involved

Thing is, all the talk of super-bud etc. is utter crap. The thing is, you get governments saying there is this super-bud out there with ~7% THC, but the stuff they're using for medicinal weed is WAY higher.
There are threads all over BL about this, but I have an essay to write and will look them up later... unless someone else would care to ;) hehe

I am lucky to smoke pot once a month nowdays. I use to be an everyday smoker, it made me too lethargic and led me to make a decesion of dropping out of school just like pailsy expeirenced, It was only recently that i started to cop the full symptoms of abstinence from THC. This was caused by an event in life, now if im not with the right people or in the right set and setting i expeierence the worst anxiety, paranoia and panic attacks. Personally if i do smoke i stick to out door bush bud. Keeps me smiling and mellow :)

Ive come to the conclusion that if you reguarly use THC then stop abruptly, it will never be the delightfull feeling and expierence that most of you know and like ever again.

Your thoughts ..?

ld50 vs ssri said:
Ive come to the conclusion that if you reguarly use THC then stop abruptly, it will never be the delightfull feeling and expierence that most of you know and like ever again.

correct
early this year whenever i smoked dope i would turn into a munted bastard, silent and boring.
then i stopped for a bit before winter and then again in winter.
then i noticed that i could do things while i was high (is a different high from before), and then it took over, i went to work bent, sometimes to school, did nothing called homework.
turned into a bum realy, and the high i use to get before doesn't exist anymore.

also by the term sofdrug - i think it's taken in a non life threatening way.

As far as the fly spray comment goes..commercial hydro operations often do use bug sprays. If you have 100 grands worth of skunk at risk from bugs and it's just a cash crop to you..then you'll use pesticides. I have seen a large operation in Adelaide regularly use kelthane to get rid of spider mites. Smoke commercial hydro at your own risk.

Everything in Moderation

its addictive alright.
i graduated in '97 and was introduced to weed on leavers that same year.
its only now (7years later) that i look back and realise how addictive and life ruining it really is!
i had dreams and a healthy future ahead of me back then.. but instead sat on my arse for 7yrs smoking weed on centrelink.
i haven't worked or achieved anything in this time and its going to be a massive up hill battle for me to get things back on track:(

I feel ya virtual_trancer, Ive known some people who start to hide there feelings after smoking cannibus regularly and feel society is against them.

Weed isn't phsyically addictive like many 'hard' drugs. So if you become 'addicted' to it, it is largely a mental addiction. If this is the case you are just as likely to be addicted to any other drugs whose effects you enjoy.

I think it's passed off as a soft drugs cause there's no significant physical addiction. It's natural (hey man...it's like.....organic....) and it's availability. It grows in the wild.

I mean this is probabley a silly POV, but when the words 'hard drugs' are mentioned, for me an image of pills and powder comes to mind, not buds and mushys.

well to me it isn't a hard drug as such either, just extremely common and probably the most abused of all illicit drugs. I've been smoking it for approx 7 yrs, 3 to 4 times a week and agree that the mental addiction factor is very high and its effects on memory, motivation and anxiety are quite severe. I am slowly attempting to cut down my usage but am finding it difficult, especially with friends who smoke more than I. But in comparison with other drugs like meth and heroin, whereby i have seen friends completely lose the plot in just a few months, resorting to criminal activity and extremely anti-social behaviour, weed is a softer drug. In moderation, it is my favourite drug, but i just can't keep it to a moderate level......and luckily enough i think i have only ever had weed sprayed with something on about 2 occasions, both of which i threw up.

Virtua_Trancer said:
correct
early this year whenever i smoked dope i would turn into a munted bastard, silent and boring.
then i stopped for a bit before winter and then again in winter.
then i noticed that i could do things while i was high (is a different high from before), and then it took over, i went to work bent, sometimes to school, did nothing called homework.
turned into a bum realy, and the high i use to get before doesn't exist anymore.

also by the term sofdrug - i think it's taken in a non life threatening way.

I know the feeling o so well. I start to wonder if i should smoke anymore, afterall i tend to feel much more secure on acid then i do after a few cones. Now thats saying something.

I think they call it a soft drug cause you cant die from smoking it! I mean you can smoke yourself to sleep, hah, haah, not death, takes alot of cannabis to die. Even if you get hooked, no major side effects, except for munchies:D

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee said:
I think they call it a soft drug cause you cant die from smoking it! I mean you can smoke yourself to sleep, hah, haah, not death, takes alot of cannabis to die. Even if you get hooked, no major side effects, except for munchies:D

Are you serious...... ? 8)

As someone who smoked cannabis for 18 years everyday, all day..i can attest to the fact it does have major health issues. Lung damage being a major one. After being off it for 6 months now it's like i've awoken from a coma.
If you think mull doesn't give people cancer, tell that to my mate who has inoperable throat cancer and has never smoked cigs, nor mixed with spin. He's 42 with 2 kids and its pretty terrible to see. Dope is not as safe as people make out.

c1

I think I'm still ok, been smoking for 15 years, 2 grams a day, everyday for 15 years. I dont smoke tobacco!! At all!! I think thats the worst drug of them all!! Does anyone consider cigarettes a soft drug?

Attachments

• towlie.jpg
    towlie.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 97