• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

small "electric shocks" running thru ur head after drugs?

dailygrind

Bluelighter
Hi All,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Firstly:
Went out sat night, took 3 x E, Speed
Went out sunday night, took 2 x E, speed, 1 vial GHB.

Monday night, I couldn't sleep. Kept jolting awake after strange dreams (like falling down stairs, falling though floors etc) for about 3 hours. Eventually I got some sleep but since then I've been getting what is best described as electric shocks every 30 seconds or so in my head that run from my hands also.... kind of like a small spasm. They were worse yesterday, accompanied by a quick "static" noise.

I have searched the forums and found some info that leads me to believe that its my brain trying to produce serotonin, but since its now wednesday night, im not sure. So, has anyone had this, or know what it is?

Cheers :)

Do a search for sleep paralysis. Sounds like typical symptoms to me.

I used to have the same sort of thing. Although i dont think it was from going out and taking rediculious amounts of stuff. I was addicted to Mersyndol and had been taking it for the 3 weeks. I then started to get these wierd sensations in my head. Like u described it 'electricity' and flickering of vision.

I have gone to the Doc and she says to lay off the Mersyndol and im waiting for a Blood test to come back
So ill keep you posted

You said you've searched the forums, and everyone reaches pretty much the same conclusion. Its similar to withdrawls from venlafaxine (Effexor), and some people report it on SSRIs.

It will go away by itself eventually.
5-HTP doesn't help (some find it makes it worse). Ditto for phenylalanine.

The one compound that repeatedly seems to improve it is piracetam. Not really surprising, there's not much it doesn't do :p

Thanks all... ill give it a few weeks to go away away by itself... and stop taking 5 HTP like I have been (thinking it would help!)

I experienced exactly what you have described after last nye. I consumed 5 pills, a few grams of speed and made the dumb decision to eat a valium in the morning. Over the course of the following couple of days I experienced electric jolts throughout my body accompanied with a periodic acute buzzing feeling in my head. At the time I felt as though I'd done something really bad to my body. I figured it was due to the valium since on numerous other occasions I'd consumed that ammount of drugs without valium and didn't experience these effects. Luckily for me though after about 3 - 4 days these effects had totally gone and left me very relieved :)

^ Yeh I know.

I should have said "at the time I figured it was due to the valium..."

i had that one night when i went out clubbing and double dropped 2 orange stars late last year. it felt insanely good but scared the shit out of me.

i was still peaking intermittently half way thru the next day.

im pretty sure the falling feeling is due to your body muscles relaxing in conjunction the transition of being awake and sleeping, i think you will find that the falling feeling comes around just as you are about to fall asleep especially when you have been doing a fair bit of exercise prior. For me im usually invisioning myself running then ill trip on something like the root of a tree, then i wake up in a shock.

I have had both of these symptoms after a big weekend of way too many pills, combined with meth or speed.

Also, when i would get these "ticks", it felt like a shock/jolt was coming from my chest up to my head and then i would get a light headed feeling afterwards.

I never connected these to the falling feeling I'd get when I was going to sleep, but perhaps they are both related.

I had this just last night after a large weekend at Godskitchen involving many pills, speed and weed.

I've also had it before i used any drug apart from weed, but I was smoking a fair amount of weed at the time.

It went away by itself, and I've never had any ill effects from it, but it scared the shit out of when it first happened. 8o

What you have "dailygrind" is a good case of what I call "The Zaps".
The first time I had the zaps, a couple of years ago, I honestly thought I was going to die! it was that intense. I nearly walked into the hospital and confessed to a massive bender, pleeding with a doctor to save me from the horrible death that seemed imminent!

Since then I get the zaps pretty regularly, especially if I have pills rather that speed. But the main cause is definitely sleep deprivation. A 3 day bender will give me the zaps something fierce!

Ways to avoid (which work well for me) is to make sure you keep hydrated, eat or have supplements during your bender, and limit your dancing to a realistic level (rather than for 40 straight hours).

If you have the zaps real bad and cant sleep it can cause you to go into a kind of anxiety attack. Have 2 glasses of wine (which helps reduce the zaps intensity) and go to sleep. Much easier said than done, but stay relaxed, dont become flustered by the continual onslaught because they do eventually subside and you fall asleep. you may get them the next day as well, especially at night when you try to sleep. have a glass of wine and follow step 1. A few good nights sleep is the only cure!

I get the Zaps 75% of the time I party, and am so accustomed to them now that I can actually turn them off at will. about 5 to 10% of people ive talked to who "party" seem to have had them at some stage. And apparently MOS have done an article in the MOS mag, but I havnt seen it.

Hope this has helped.

DayTrippa,

Thanks for your reply. All good info.

Its now thrusday night and they're still going, every 30 seconds all day though my hands and head. Did you usually get them for this long after? (Went out sat/sun)

The first zaps experience I had was mammoth!!! Like I said in my other post I truly thought I was going to die. It was that bad. It was a few years ago but im pretty sure they took about 4 to 5 days to go completely. But I stopped thinking I was going to die after the 2nd day. Like I said in the other post the only cure is sleep, and lots of it. You need a good 12 hour sleep or two 10 hour sleeps to have much improvement. If I was you I would go to sleep as soon as I got home from work and slept until I couldnt sleep any more.

I know just how shit it is mate, especially the first time cause you dont know whats going on. But they will go away with rest. probably a good idea to take it easy this weekend too.

goodluck, let us know how you go.

For me I put it down to what VelocideX said. I was on Ssri for a month or 2 then realised that I only went on them to shut my family up and there was no real problem. Stopped cause I missed my pills to much and as they wore off say 1.5 weeks after I started getting the so called Zaps. Even pulses down to my fingers.

They went away I had a big weekend out and I was fine. Last weekend I took one of my old Ssri tablets after wards and soon as it was wearing off say 1 week later then I got them back again.

Seems like every time the ssri wear off they come back for a few days. Never had them when i was just pilling and 3 times now i have had them corresponded with me taking Ssri

I've had this happen to me after a pretty huge night out, happened for a few days afterwards but slowly went away.

it's nothing to worry about, but does get quite worrying when it's continuous. if it's more than just little jitters, you should go and see a doctor about it, but if it is just small "electric" shock like symptoms, I'd say just wait it out a bit.

They're wearing off now after 5 days.... much better today after a decent sleep and some wine (thanks DayTrippa for the excuse to open a bottle of wine ;). Just gets a bit scary coz I thought It might be permanent after they didnt go away all week. Interesting experience though.......

I had a 7 pill binge with about a less than a half weight of gold rock on the weekend 1 on Friday, 1 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday night. Slept all day Monday then had work tuesday.

Went to sleep around 9pm, woke up 10pm and i couldn't move. I felt like I was paralysed from neck down. I wasn'
t dreaming because I was talking to my mum who couldn't get into my room. I feel off the bed and fell asleep around 20 minutes later and my mum got into my room finally after about 30 minutes since I was yelling to her and she came in and woke me up and I was fine.

It was fucking terrifying.