Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pre loading bliss

flip

Bluelighter
I have over the past months begun pre and post loading with 5-HTP, I must say this stuff is the business!
I notice that when I pre load (100 Mg 3 days before , 150 mg two days before and ,200 mg the day before) I experience a general rise in spirit and happiness .
Today on the way to work I found myself smiling happily for no apparent reason ,I just felt great and happy with everything!
Its not that I'm normally a depressed person, its just that when I pre-load I find myself extremely happy and content, even when there have been problems and hassles that would of normally stressed me out.
Has any one else noticed this side effect with preloading?

Yup
smile.gif
don't take too much of it though, i read somewhere (I've been looking for ages and I WILL find it) that taking too much too often can actually cause some kind of damage along the lines of your brain not being able to produce seratonin by itself.. blah, something like that.
but yeah, it definitely does have a noticeable effect on ones mood, thats the whole point of it isn't it?
And I couldnt help but notice that the effects you've described are totally achievable without any aid from 5htp (especially the bit about the usual things that stress you not stressing you).. it's called *love* *giggle*
Just find someone to empty all your lovin' out onto...cheaper alternative anyway.
wink.gif

mona.
PS. Johnboy's book excerpt will tell you that what I said above about the 5htp not being all good is a lie... hmmm.. is this book 5HTP propaganda????
[This message has been edited by mona (edited 27 May 2000).]

For an alternative to 5-htp, try VIG tablets. I know don't do the same thing as 5htp, but I have noticed such a staggering difference. Usually I wold just be a little grumpy bum, but since taking these, my quality of life has improved (plugplug) so go out and get yourself some now!! Also great for post-loading. - Horse
------------------
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."
- William James, American philosopher

Also, wathc out for Vig, don't take it too often, although it has Ginko Biloba, the Gruanna can cause muscle anxiety, due to excess caffine.
After quiting coffee, I have been high now, after the mild withdrawl symptoms, for a week! Also, I found that regular exercise, meditation have greatly improved my concentration, I have been far more sociable, happy, clear headed and more accepting of others!
I love you guys more than ever!
wink.gif

yeah that book is definitly propoganda, its a lot easier to find
smile.gif
i'd love to see some more negative stuff as a counter balance... but hell we all know that too much of anything will fuck you up, and i hope that everyone realises that 5HTP is no panacea and although it goes a long way to helping us continue our lifestyles its only one part of the solution...
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

Lep, thats interesting that you said that, because I have found after taking about 2 a day, i'm a nervous wreck. 1 a day is good, but 2 a day gets me really twitchy and my hands are really shakey, like when I used to drink heaps of coffee and smoke cigga's.
Perhaps I should cut down on the VIGS. Everything in moderation?
------------------
"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."
- William James, American philosopher

JESUS CHRIST!!!
You're all lightweights!!! Even with the bloody VIG! Are you serious???? I can't even FEEL two! Well I can..but only *just*.
it's herbal boys...get it into ya!
*note sarcasm*

doesn't VIG have a muscle relaxant in it?
I don't take it often, but my friend whot does is always chilled
ahhhh I know, VIG plus a cone at the end of the day

I just wanna say that anything you take/add to your brain is going to have good and bad. Like the saying goes what goes up must come down and that you should try and make you self happy the more natural way i.e. Start doing more exercise, talk to friends more etc. try meditation whatever. Must say im a bit of a hipercrit : ). Anyway enjoy your self.

i can't beleive i still have no 5htp.. daym i've been on here long enough now. it's time to get some.
oh and about ginko biloba - my gp told me there is not much point using it when you are young coz our circulation is as good as it can be. its more middle-aged/older ppl who will notice benefits.
------------------
if the journey's fun, it's well worth taking.

I don't know...maybe I'm not in tune with my body or something. But *none* of these things seem to make *any* difference to my mood. St John's Wort, 5htp, Vig, guarana, whatever....doesn't matter how much I take I feel zip.
My theory is that most of it is psychological. Unless you take shitloads.
Just give me chemicals. I know they work
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by miss apple (edited 01 December 2000).]

Miss apple: But aren't 5-HTP and the rest chemicals too?
wink.gif

On a more serious note (yes it is possible) I ordered some 5-HTP from iherb last week and got it delivered today... Now that's service!
smile.gif

They say 5htp is good for insomnia, and I always have heaps of weird dreams after having it, so feeling good from it could also be from getting more quality sleep...
I noticed a small change in mood... cones hit twice as hard too...
I think it depends on the individuals "natural" state of mind anyway...
in the past I've been depressed and needed antidepressants, so perhaps I have a naturally slightly lower seratonin level than others...
Also ginko thins your blood and can cause internal bleeding if taken too much!
We all know caffeine is bad for you (will not effect the strength of an e, and just gives you more energy, even if your body is tired and should be resting) so how can you compare it with 5htp???
You probably don't need (or won't notice the difference of) 5htp if your diet is good and well rounded. However most peoples diets are lacking in a lot of the things that 5htp is in, therefore, they may assist you if your dietary intake is inadequate!
But - if you are dropping every week (or more), you are damaging yourself anyway, and 5htp is probably not going to change that!

miss apple: I haven't tried 5-htp yet (getting some delivered this week) but I know what you mean about Vig, guarana etc.. it doesn't seem to touch the sides. One thing that does is Lemsip.. man, that stuff is the cheap alternative to speed, two sachets and I'm jiggling around like Pammy running for the bus.
I agree you have to be careful about putting any additives in your body though, herbal or chemical. I once took a course of multi vitamins when travelling and ended up in hospital in Finland with stomach cramps so bad they thought it was appendicitis.
I think there's a lesson in that for all of us.
I'm just not really sure what it is
damn hq's
wink.gif

------------------
~trouble
(with a pop-o-matic bubble)