• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: Lagoona Beach..

frostyangel

Bluelighter
This show just started last week after the real world..

Its about highschool kids about to graduate. Last weeks episode was pretty interested.. sadly they live a much better life than mine;) They look like their parents are alittle loaded.

Anyone else seen it?

This show is absolutely terrible. It is made to look like "real world" but it is all so badly scripted. Plus it is just way too blantantly high school. They don't even seem like seniors.

I watched it for about 5 minutes. I couldn't figure out if it was scripted or it was really happening or what the fuck was going on. It was just weird.

MTV says its not scripted. Before the season started, the commercials said something about how these are their lives, UNscripted. Although there is massive editing and of course they can put the show together however they want, and show the parts they want. And if you were 16 or 17 and on a TV show I'm sure you'd make a point to be more dramatic than usual.

From www.mtv.com:

It's one of the wealthiest, most beautiful beachside communities in the world and MTV has unlimited access to the tight-knit power clique of eight rich, beautiful teenagers that live there. Their lives intertwine in ways you won't believe, until you drop in for a visit. Laguna Beach is paradise--a little slice of heaven on earth--why would anyone want to leave? The answer will come as you watch the best friends share experiences through parties, relationships, love and small town injustice. This is where the angst and the tumultuous affairs are the stuff of prime time drama, except this is all REAL. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Welcome to paradise, otherwise known as Laguna Beach, California.

I like the show though :D But I like trashy TV :p

Last edited:
man...i got sucked into watching it today...kinda like saved by the bell but these pretty teens get to play with millions.

^^^ yeah.... i may have to hide under a rock now, but i can't wait to watch it again.... i would LOVE to see LC and STEVEN hook up..... and LC kick Kristen's ass!!! i am so lame.... i know their names...***smacks forehead***

I like the show but I wouldn't describe eight clueless 17 year olds as an 'elite power cliche'

^^ the hardest thing for the girls to do was find a cute white dress on teh last episode....... only one of them found one....

I'm liking the show.. I want to see LC and Steven together...:)

In one of the commerical .. it shows Steven mouthing the words "i love you" but don't show which girl he's saying it too.. So, I can't wait to find out who he is saying it to...!!

I use to live in a place called Lagoona beach except it was spelt Laguna Beach (california)

parents a little loaded? heh, thats stating it mildly
so i have seen it
and actually watched it, in fact paused it mid way through to get something to eat. it's dumb, it's about kids with too much time and money on their hands having high problems... yet its something i actually watched. oh drama drama drama, how i love the drama

I caught about 10 minutes of this the other night befoe I ripped myself away. I could feel myself becoming stupider for watching.

I watched this show....I like it..even thought it is so stupid.
I cannot imagine that these are real people.
Odd.
It seems to me like...reality TV where the people are VERY aware of the cameras instead of just being natural. It felt very akward in the scene where Kristen comes to visit Stephen at work...like they were all uncomfortable and fake in front of the camera...the entire show seems like that. If these kids forget the cameras are there maybe it would be a bit more natural...or maybe these people really ARE this fake.

People do make mistakes sometimes.... people still knew what I was talking about...

No need for meanie pants;)

I wonder if these are actors but it isn't a scripted show. Like, they are just improvising, and sucking at it.

frostyangel said:
I'm liking the show.. I want to see LC and Steven together...:)

In one of the commerical .. it shows Steven mouthing the words "i love you" but don't show which girl he's saying it too.. So, I can't wait to find out who he is saying it to...!!

Same here!! Too bad you're missing tonight's episode :( We'll watch it together next week :D

not to sound lame, but i can't believe LC reacted so childishly about the whole model situation..... but its cool about steven and kristin??