Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

e-z test reaction times?

Pringles

Bluelighter
Hey ppls,
I just tested a White Mitzi (Melbourne, score on back with grey speckles the size of a pencil tip) and it took ages to react. About
2 mins before it went black/purple. Does the reaction time tell you how strong the pill is?? It definately didnt go black in seconds. Has anyone experienced this before? Did I flood the powder with TOO much liguid??
Any info/personal experiences apreciated.

All u need is one little drop of the EZ tester solution. Not a huge puddle!
Enough scrapings to spread over the drop and wait and see.
There has been a growing thoery that the faster it goes black/blue/purple that the higher the MDxx content. Although it may or may not be true u should not base it on this.
Plus, i think for my mind that the quicker it changes colour, the better the quality.
If you're worried about amounts, just pop more!

*sticking my nose in Down Under business*
Often times the harder the press of a pill, the slower the reaction. This means that there is more binder material (which doesn't react at all). It doesn't necessarily mean that there is less total MDxx, just a higher binder to MDxx ratio. This is common with larger or double-stacked pills.
I've found that crumbly pills react much faster, but that the harder pills are just as good.
BTW, if it took that long to react, was much more black than purple, and ALSO emitted a puff of smoke, there's a chance it was DXM.

Which E-Z Test did you use?...if it was the small brown one, you might as well throw the test results away: they prove nothing. All those small testers are now out of date and useless (virutally). They have been in Australia (that batch) for more than 3 months and the reagent will be shot.....
If it was a new large sized tester, then as the advice above suggests, you need only one small drop and yes, it may just be the binder got in the way and slowed the reaction down. Test it again. Same reaction?... maybe the pill is just a very average one then?....mosyt Mitsi Turbos in Melbourne that I've seen take about 5 seconds to react..perhaps you got a dud one from the batch?
Finally, make sure the reagent is at room temperature (ie. not taken straight out of your fridge) when you test. The reagent slows in cold temps...
candyflip
smile.gif

Candyflip, so are you saying the test result mean nothing? My tester is the brown solution one in Melbourne. Surely it must mean something if it reacted at least. In regards to having DXM in the Pill, I dunno, i scraped then put the liquid on top, so I may not have been able to see the smoke at all, might have to test again actually.
Should I throw away the brown solution??

its probably best to throw away brown tester as the results are less than reliable. remember you are testing it to know if its safe to put in your body, you really want to be as sure as possible before you commit right?

I have to agree with candyflip in regards to those small testers.
Last weekend I tested 6 pills, most tested negative one being a white mitzu that sure seemed tasty.

You will get 'some' reaction, but it will be slow and the colour may be off/unreal... I would have to say (and perhaps this deserves a seperate thread??) that all the brown testers should now be considered UNRELIABLE...ALL of these solutions would now be well past the last use by date (18/4/00) and should be returned to wherever you bought them from for credit (including any you have bought from The Peak (me!)..
AJ probably should have instituted a worldwide recall on these, but the small sized ones are SO popular with people that he did not. However, it is now two months since the small ones were last sold in Aus (excepting shops that had older stock they were hanging onto) and they are well and truly 'gone' by now (I've tried many pills with them and they do NOT give a proper reaction).... please DO NOT BUY any smaller EZ Tests you find from now on...they will give unreliable results...and please inform the store owner to contact their supplier to have them returned and credited...
many thanks..
candyflip

what's the difference between the small testers and the large ones?? I just got one, and its in a brown bottle that I got from dancesafe.com. I'd say that the bottle I got is about.. um two inches tall..
oh yah, forgot to mention that they worked on the pills I have right now. so I dunno if that helps much.
[This message has been edited by Biggie1 (edited 25 May 2000).]

the only difference between the small and big is packaging, but thats important and i'll get to that in a sec.
if you have a dancesafe testing kit then it is pretty much the same chemical as an EZ Test kit. the only difference, i think, is the addition of some methanol to slow the reaction time down a bit so you can see it a little clearer. this kit will give exactly the same reactions as they both use the marquis reagent, and the colour charts are the same.
now the old small EZ Testers are unreliable because they have reacted with their plastic container. I'm assuming that the dancsafe kit is in a glass bottle. if so it should last a very long time, but dont let the liquid get too hot ie leave it in the car.
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 26 May 2000).]