Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why do u preffer pills to alcohol??

andr33a

Bluelighter
I used to like going out with friends and getting drunk on week ends but since i discovered pills and raving I just find the drinking crowd obnoxious and intimidating. I don't know whether it's just me but I find the whole rave scene compared to the whole pub and alcohol scene, a lot friendlier and easier to have fun in. =D

hey I totally agree with you on this one....I used to love going out and getting totally wasted but since I started taking pills I don't drink to get drunk anymore I like to enjoy my alcohol.
Drunk people are on a different wave length to people on pills,much friendlier and in some sense in more control, how often do you see people on pills fighting??I know it can happen but it is a small minority who will do this.
I have have made some good friends while out on pills at the begining of the night they were strangers and by the end they are friends and I enjoy seeing them out when I go to events.
Even if I stop taking pills I won't ever drink like I used to.

i agree, im the same now.
i went down to the pub before, and it was utter shite. u cant just go up and talk to strangers at the pub, most of the time they wont talk back. and will think ur looking for a fight. another thing, when u accidentally bump into someone at a club, u both apologise and say gday and everything, but if it happened at a pub they will think ur trying to fight.

ahhh well, i know wat i like and wat i dont like.

I prefer pills over grog mostly because it feels about 100 times better. I love the way it makes me feel. And alot of the times when I get pissed I get depressed or angry, you NEVER get that with pills. And also the people and atmosphere is more inviting. And I prefer a pill hangover any day to a grog hangover.

andr33a said:
I used to like going out with friends and getting drunk on week ends but since i discovered pills and raving I just find the drinking crowd obnoxious and intimidating. I don't know whether it's just me but I find the whole rave scene compared to the whole pub and alcohol scene, a lot friendlier and easier to have fun in. =D

See what you say in 2-3 years :)

I never really got into drinking so I just do adderall every now and then

But when my friends-friends of friends are drunk-I always get to be the driver because I don't drink at all and I'm up and alert on adderall yep I feel special being the driver

Horses for courses. I enjoy clubbing and listening to trance and taking pills, but it's not something i want to do every weekend. I enjoy drinking and listening to rock and hanging out with that crowd too. It's all about balance.

I like popping a few eccies and going down to the pub to bump into people and get into fights personally.

Seriously though, i drank once when I was about 15, got very sick and did'nt start drinking until my early 20's. Raved the whole time in between though, but that soon gets boring and now I actually look forward to having an icey cold beer at the pub with some mates, shoot some pool and just hang out. Not to say I would'nt like I have a pill, but as wazza said, wait for a few years. :)

Both, well hey im a poly-user theres times when I need to kick back and have a couple beers (especially in summer) and times when I like to pill or whatever. I dont see any difference with attitude in clubs or pubs. With the amount of people on meth these days, the vibe in some of the clubs here suck. Like the love / friendly vibe is just not there anymore. Tend to find more attitude problems at drum n bass parties and harcore / hardtrance / hardstlye parties, than progrressive house, psy- trance parties.
But then I know the odd person who used to be a total alcoholic turn into a G-Freak only.

The way [i[I[/i] see it:

Alchohol: Rock up, have a few drinks, feeling good, the night's possibilities seem endless, drink a few more, having a grand ol' time now - everyone's yucking it up, you're pumped, you and your drinking buddy are the funniest (and best looking and most sophisticated!) people alive, the room is yours, a few more drinks, you start to lose control, a few more, you make an ass of yourself, suddenly you can't remember what happened during the last half hour, why is my shirt wet? Why is everyone looking at me?. Next morning, spewing up, aching head, asking everyone what you got up to, feeling worse and worse as you hear the stupid things you got up to (but DAMN, didn't they seem funny at the time?... if you can remember them, that is! Did I REALLY do that?). Body and mind feel overused, abused.

Pills - Plan, Source, Purchase, Share, Ingest, Anticipate, come up, acheive clarity, euphoria, connection, community, and dare I say plur?, communicate, "this is/these are the best pill(s) I've ever had", GOD I FEEL GOOD, flirt with thoughts of enforcing world peace by spiking water supplies, what if everyone felt this way all of the time?, peak is over, coming down (pills just don't seem to affect me like they used to! I think I've "lost the magic"), minor concerns about what you've been dribling about for the last couple of hours, but nothing major - they are lofty, worthy ideals after all! (damn I wish I hand another pill!)... head off home to bed, eventually drift off to sleep. Awake next morning/afternoon, a little drowsy but otherwise fine. Body and Mind feel thoroughly exercised. I think I'll lay off the pills for a while... I just don't seem to get what I used to out of them... etc. etc.

Re: Re: Why do u preffer pills to alcohol??

wazza said:
See what you say in 2-3 years :)

Damm I must be one of those old jaded mofo's, it all makes so much sense ;)

We all go through phases, I remember years ago preaching about MDMA and it being the best thing since sliced bread and finding it would mean I'd never touch another beer. Fast forward 2 years and I'd be a raging drunk complaining about those damm kandy kids and their stupid bloody glowsticks and annoying NRG music.

When you've settled on your current substance of choice your probably blind to the negatives and can't understand why no one else shares your sense of enlightenment. Then the pills stop working, the comedowns get to savage, the amphetamines lose their kick, the drinks get so routine, the hangovers get real nasty and you start looking for something else...... or is that just me ;)

Slightly related reading:
Alcohol overdose
Party drugs take over from booze
Alcohol in the dance community

The best way to do things is to mix it up. Space out your pills, go drinking in between or go take something else to get a bit of variety in there. That way you wont get bitter and jaded over your drug of choice and can continue enjoying it :)

I wouldn't say I necessarily prefer pills to alcohol. Each has it's place for me.
I like alcohol when I'm out at the pub or at some kinds of parties, pills are just for special occasions like big raves and festivals when they really enhance the experience.

Why do people whenever a question like this is asked assume that drinkers are unable to control themselves and have to drink to the extent where they pass out/spew/have a huge hangover?
Haven't you guys ever heard about using things in moderation? Alcohol (just like pills) can make for a very enjoyable night provided you don't go OTT.

I was just thinking about this the other day. If I had to give up pills (or any drugs for that matter) for alcohol I'd chose alcohol any day. I live for my Friday night glass of wine (okay bottle of wine) after work.. it relaxes me and makes me chill. You can't pop a pill at dinner with friends... a pill doesn't replace a nice cold beer at a barbecue on a Sunday... much as I love pills (and I do, I probably take more than you) alcohol is by far a better social lubricant and versatile substance. I would hope I never have to choose... but if I did, at this stage in my life, I'd choose alcohol. I know for sure I'd rather be holding a glass of red than a pipe or a bong or joint or pill in my 30's and 40's... as long as you can still be reasonable with it, there's nothing wrong with it. I've met as many fake pill-head dickwads as I have alcholic idiots in my time ......

as my uni's official campus alcoholic, i feel compelled to add my 2c...

around 14, started drinking with friends, loved it..
around 16, discovered pills, thought we were so much better than all the lame drinkers..
lost heaps of weight, had a lot of fun, late nights, and generally ponced around like i was the shit.

so cut ahead to a few years later, i mov to melbourne where there's actually STUFF TO DO and rediscovered my love of drinking, even just a beer here and there to enhance the overall 'fun-ness' of say a band or the beach (the beach being NO fun, therefore requiring more alcohol than most)

and don't forget, that after a while of taking pills, they sop being so fun- instead of enjoying your night, you spend oo much time waiting for the drugs to kick in so you can feel 'normal' again, and garner some real enthusiasm.
i rarely take them now, so i enjoy it when i do!
so as far as swapping pills for alcohol as drug of choice..
downside: it means i'm not a size-8 any more, and i can't enjoy half the music i used to think was awesome
upside: i'm a damn sight healthier and don't spend every tuesday hating the world!!

Alcohol and pills aren't the same thing.

Alcohol is a regularly ingested, social thing. I don't drink to get drunk very often anymore... it's more just a way to relax with friends. You can't possibly do the same thing with pills. Pills are special, occasional binges. I don't think they can be compared.

^Whilst they cant be compared, IF i did have to choice alcohol would win.

It dosent loose its fun for me- after a few weeks break its just as nice as it used to be. Its chea[, easy to obtain, legal, awesome for social interaction (ive yet to find sometihng thats consistantly better), it can be done near anywhere, with anyone.

Perhaps if E could rebound like alcohol did, or if it was legal, or if it was more fun for me in situations other than a rave or whatever...