Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GBL? has anyone drunk floor cleaner?

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
I've just read about GBL,,,similar to GHB
Aparently you can buy it at hardware stores and it's called lactone.
anyone confirm this or even tell me about GBL
have fun
Acid_Reign

ooh dear
i'm not sure about this- post it on BL2000 and hope for liquidocean or others with sythesis knowledge to help you out
pinger

this came out of the califormian toxicolgy seminar didnt it? one of the presentersw said this and the guy from MAPS noted that he hadnt heard of it and would check it out.
maybe ask at the hive? sounds a bit dodgy for me...

I had Bundaberg Rum once....that was like floor cleaner....
report: tested red-haired, made me want to open a fish'n'chip shop in Ipswich, loved up feeling to all australians as long as they are of western decent and have white skin....
Warning: sarcasm may be found in the above post.
------------------
Beat it like it owes you money.....

lol... i gotta start agreeing with candyflip... do some work wookee!!

Yeh i read about it on the page about the seminar.
The guys talking about GHB and then mentions that people abused GBL, a common floorcleaner. Got me interested because i remember see'ing GBL on a list of decent GHB alternatives,,,maybe i didn't though
smile.gif

here's the quote
He also said that GBL (lactone) is "sold in hardware stores as floor stripper" [earth- I'll try to confirm or discount that. ] and that "GBL use is rampant throughout the country."
but the same guy also said this.
Dr Robertson was generally pretty informed, but made some silly mistakes (as is common / prevalent outside the subculture) like when talking about ketamine "if you are in 'K-land', you're having a good time, if you're in a 'K-Hole', you're having a bad trip."[earth: Although the use of slang terms varies from person to person and group to group, 'K-hole' denotes just a deep, usually high dose, experience and does not suggest either good or bad trip.]
He also said that some "cannabis may contain LSD", which struck me as bizarre and requiring substantial
documentation.
so who knows? i'd do a lot more research on this before believing anything
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 12 May 2000).]

GBL is mixed with NaOH to make GHB.
There are recipes around, but it's pretty risky stuff. But yeah, basically GHB is a chemical compound (that 'can' be used for cleaning purposes) with a bit of sodium hydroxide blah di blah...
PLEASE do research if you're gonna make it...DON'T take my word for anything (except for the fact that you mix GBL with NaOH to make GHB)
But yeah, run a search. There's heaps to learn about G... it's out there, you just gotta look
smile.gif

mona.

i'd be VERY careful if i were you.
A lactone is a "type" of molecule, meaning there are many different lactones, just like there are many different alcohols, etc.
GBL is gammabutyrolactone. Unless u know the substance is this then i wouldn't go near it.
What does it say on the bottle?
GBL is a special cleaner, specifically used to clean electronic circuit boards. However as its bascially GHB to us, and GHB has been illegal in Aust. for quite a while, i doubt u'd find it anywhere.

is that the computer cleaner thingy called duster that the people in Discussion2000 are complaining is destroying their scene? Sounds like a dumb thing to do personally.

no thats just compressed air apparently. and yeah, sounds incredib;y dumb

PINGER!!! Please tell me you knew this stuff! You did right?

Well seems no one else has there answer (not that i could be botherd reading a thread on such a silly question - no offense, just do some research)
Floor Cleaner or paint stripper has very little GBL in it. In order for GBL to be safe to take, you need Pharmaceutical grade (99.97% pure i believe). Floor cleaner probably is about 1%...
Also, GBL tastes sooo damn nasty, that is why people make it into GHB. Or you can do like I did, and put the GBL in a cap and swallow it. All the problems gone (dosage problems and taste).
please, for your sake (and mine, i'm pushing for legalisation) don't drink floor cleaner!

http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum12/HTML/004565.html
"...I don't have any experience with 1,4 butanediol, luckily the gamma is more available. From most of the experiences people have had with it, it seems like nausea is part of the package..." - Liquidocean.
That was just some more info found in Discussion2K.
cheers,
mona.

A friend of mine had some GBL on the weekend. Apparently he drank some video head cleaner, or was that video tape cleaner??
Anyways, i haven't had a chance to speak to him to find out how it was or how much he drank..

3M make a "surface cleaner" called VHB. Another variation? Or something that will make me horribly sick if I neck it?

Hmmm, now i know my posts are rarely read
smile.gif
ahh well, Hey Cosmic_Seadog, i'd be interested to know on your friends state (not that I EVER intend on drinking any cleaning chemicals) but just as a curiosity. Also, are you in Melbourne (can't remember if i've met you).
Take it easy all and stay off the damn floor cleaners/VHB/whatever else may contain GBL...