Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: John Safran Vs God (australia)

.dR spgeddi

Bluelighter
aus... John Safran Vs God

John Safran is my new hero.
in this half hour sbs show, monday nights 8.30, Safran tackles religion head on.

however someone needs to tell him he looks alot like quentin kenihan
2486johns_rant2.jpg
9639.jpg

just fixed the thread title.

now, i rarely watch television, but if i did i'd so check this out :)

Brilliant show.

Door knocking in Salt Lake City, trying to convert people to atheism - gold!

Anybody who goes into the desert alone to drink peyote in the spirit of journalistic endeavour is a winner in m book! Even if the do sound as annoying as Safran...

Oh, and getting a fatwah put on rove was just too good, I mean who hasn't wanted to get that pompous little fuck from one time or another?! =D

Jacking off in a priest's bed? did anyone else think the priest was more turned on than disgusted?? :D

Great show, atheist door knocking in Salt lake City was great. But the voodou scene where we see a live goat's testicles being bitten open was horrible, didn't want to see that.

Damnit I keep missing this...

I've only caught one episode but it was fucking hilarious-

Oh well I'm sure they will be released on DVD like Music Jamboree so I'll get them then.

Similarily Non-Australians can find episodes 3-5 in a secret location found only be adding full stops into the spaces in the following sentence:

www torrentreactor net

If anyone knows where I can find episodes 1 and 2 I would be extremely greatful.

I love this show.

John Safran vs God > John Safran's Music Jamboree

He's so bitter and hilarious, I just love it.

It's a pretty gay show actually... anyone who knows anything about religion will have heard it all before. All the shit he talks, that is. That's not to say I'm religious, I just see Safran as a bit of a wanker who's clearly a few tiles short of a roof. I'd knock his lights out any day.

Actually I take that back, but you have to admit there's something not quite right about young Saffo, the bloody cunt.

what, he's a little less than normal is he? yeah, it's funny, some people actually feel the need to be confronting in regards to their own views and the views of others, and will purposefully do things to piss people off. the idea behind it is a) it makes a whole bunch of people think about things that they might not have before, b) it makes the people he's confronting realise that people are criticising their views, and perhaps force them to contemplate exactly why, and c) it's fucking funny and entertaining.

if that makes him a "bloody cunt", then feel free to paint me with the same brush :)

He might be a "bloody cunt", but I'm damn proud of him, fine upstanding Australian he is =D

I watched a few earlier episodes, the Peyote cactus one and the KKK one.

he's such a funny man, I can't believe no one has been watching this!

the best bit was when he told the KKK leader that his parents were jewish and would it affect his acceptance with their organisation.... pure gold!!

great show, along with many others on SBS (Oz for example).

That was some crazy shit when he went to Haiti and the voodoo and everything :) Being possesed!

Woah, final episode...

Pretty breathe taking..

I wish they talked with John though :(

^^ I know, I was waiting for John to talk about how it felt. Awesome end to the series.

If he wasn't faking, I find it kind of troubling... that there's actually a God and spirits and the like, and that some guy in America can manipulate it.