Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

G'in Out (GHB O.D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaineaol

Bluelighter
Last night i saw probably one of the most horrific and disgusting things i have ever seen... A 16 yr old girl overdosing on G.

The girl was gorgeous, but extremely young. I'm guessing she had no idea about drugs and the effects they have, And how much to take.

Firstly i wanna state after seeing what i saw last night, there is NO chance i will ever take G again (i've taken GHB on two occasions, and never been impressed with the results - last night was not one of them, The amount of bikkies i had taken was more than enough :) ).

We were in the carpark across the road from the park chillin and smokin some speed/meth/ice when a few friends drove off to drop some of the others at home at about 4:30am.

Alone, two of my friends and I went for a stroll upstairs in the car park. One of my friends noticed something a little disturbing in a car, a Girl and a guy getting it on (no it doesn't sound that fuked up, but thats only half the story) The girl was swaying about and looking pretty recked when my friends and I waddled up to the car.

We opened the door and began talking to the boyfriend, he said thanks for comming as his girlfriend was "G'in Out". The girl began moaning and touching her breasts as if she were masturbating and beginning to climax. She soon began making other sounds, and falling over. We grabbed the girl out of the car and stood her up as she just mumbled some crap to us. The boyfriend told us her name and how old she was, appaled yet needing to help the girl we told the boyfriend to go and get some water and find her older sister. Her brother and Sister soon arrived from within the club and began panicing a little. The girls' situation had worsened and she could not stand, speak at all or even move as if she had any idea what was going on. As we tried to bring her back she kept slipping away fasting and faster, until she passed out and began frothing from the mouth.

Thats about as much of the story as i need to tell. But IMHO we should have called an Ambulance, but everyone was dead against it (being they all had drugs on them and whatever). I found this probably one of the most scary expieriences i've ever encountered... Knowing that a girls life or death situation is in "your" hands.

I'm still yet to find out wether the girl is ok or not, but i'm hoping all the best for her.

I know alot of you are probably going to flame me for this (U should have called an ambulance u fuckhead and the like) but please leave those comments in your head coz i really do no need shit like that right now.

Thanks and Party Safe
Zaineaol

hmmm that is a disturbing story.

foaming at the mouth? that really doesnt sound good, what did they intent todo with her if they didnt want a ambulance called? im hoping drive her to a hospital...

ive never done g and i never want to.
i know a guy that g'd out the other week, and they rang the ambulance and he went to hospital. he was only there about 1hour till he woke up. then he was fine. he ripped the drips out of his arms and left. apparently he did k and g.
its important that people need to learn about the drugs they take BEFORE they take them!!! otherwise stuff like this will happen.

hope the girls alrite. and no doubt its taught her and her friends an important lesson

Not calling the ambulance to save your own asses...... christ, i hope my friends are more caring and loyal if I ever get in a bad situation like that :(
If your drugs are so important, you could have stashed them in the car park or something and anyway, the paramedics aren't police... sheesh......

The poor girl. Hopefully she's ok. There's not much more disturbing than seeing someone OD from GHB, it's scary as hell.

I know you didn't want to hear what I just said, but seriously............................

Originally posted by Zaineaol
But IMHO we should have called an Ambulance, but everyone was dead against it (being they all had drugs on them and whatever).....I know alot of you are probably going to flame me for this (U should have called an ambulance u fuckhead and the like)

I'm not going to flame you because you already know what you should have done, but i WILL highlight an important fact for yourself, and others who may find themselves in the same situation. Paramedics are not concerned about charging you for taking drugs, they are concerned with saving lives. They will never get the police involved unless they feel their own lives are in danger attending an incident. It is a matter treated confidentially, like any regular medical problem. Please for the sake of your friends lives, call an ambulance, and tell them they have consumed GHB or a GHB like substance.

Originally posted by Zaineaol
Firstly i wanna state after seeing what i saw last night, there is NO chance i will ever take G again (i've taken GHB on two occasions, and never been impressed with the results

Disclaimer: The world would be a safer place if this drug was not used within the club scene. That being said I doubt you have had real GHB, I found it is a very different feeling, and I would never have 1,4b again. GHB is very euphoric and clean, 1,4b is a cloudy drunk mess.

That would be a scary situation ot be in. Personally I would have either rang the ambulance on the sly or insited on taking her to a hospital, u coulda just taken her in there, told them what she had then gotten the hell out of there.

driving on drugs isnt aq good idea though.
if anything like that happened to me and i was paranoid, i would try to send one of my friends away with everyones drugs on him to wait somewhere safe til the ambulance came, and i would assist til the ambulance got there clean.

Yeah that is fucked up, however its the downside to clubbing and the dickheads that make up the some of the crowd, I used to work in the club circles, and in that time I had the misfortune of witnessing a number of over dose’s and the ghettoesque techniques used to help them out, all I can say is this is happens, and the bulk of the time it is just swept under the rung, since clubs have a lot to loose if people start dieing within their premises, and their so called friends, thinking they can just sleep it off, all I can say is if you feel uncomfortable, ditch your ID call an ambo and deal with the situation when you wake up alive in a hospital, the saddest thing I ever saw was a guy who was about 19-20 laying on the foot path under a payphone , with “ 3 micro-dots (lsd) ingested at 11pm “ written on his forehead in black marker.

-mofo

^ That is very sad, I agree.

I also empathise with you Zaineaol, I've also had to sort out a 16 y.o. girl's G overdose before, it's not a pretty thing! Luckily we packed her off in an ambulance but not before I copped a huge earful of abuse from her mates. Ungrateful little punks :X

Thankfully in Melbourne at least the word seems to be getting out around the younger set that G isn't a great party drug or as BT would say, "leave the G at home". Hopefully it'll catch on up North too :)

I also saw a young asian guy overdose on g in a lane outside a venue on thursday night, three ambulances and two cop cars were there and he seemed to be getting the best treatment available, but apparently there is a huge new batch of g that has just come out in melb, so unfortunately this might not be the end for a while. With so many big events over the next few weeks, i hope people don't get carried away trying to 'charge' the nights away. Big thanks to the paramedics/police that were helping him tho, it must be difficult not to get frustrated with clubbers' lack of respect for the illegal substances they choose to consume

heh i went through the ambulance/ER with a bag of meth in my pocket, was too fucked to dump it in my room. the ambulance are not police they are there to save your ass not bust it!!!

so you saw what looked like two people engaging in a sex act in their car, and so you went over to the car to investigate?

no offence, because i get the intention of your story is to warn people of the dangers of GHB, but i reakons you are bullshitting. as if you'd walk over to the car and open the door. and this guy's with his girl, and she's so aroused she's touching herself and moaning, and he's pleased to see you?

^ Thats a bit harsh. How do you know it didn't happen?

I think we all say we would call an ambulance in a situation as such, but until your there at that moment and it's 'you' who is under the pressure to do something - how do you really know.

Thankfully I have never been in that situation before but sitting right here right now I would say that without doubt I would call an ambulance - I understand the consequences to well of not doing so (being an educated drug user).

But I have never been put to the test.

I think its important that before taking drugs that you are prepared to call an ambulance if anything does go astray. Food for thought.

ok maybe s/he's not bullshitting and s/he has kinda told the tale a little awkwardly... sure as hell smells like shit to me tho!

Thats the problem, Ive found these days that most people know that someone is G'ing out, but dont know whether to just leave them alone or not, thinking they'd spring back to life in an hour or two. Some friends were at a club where 4 had g'ed out and taken to hospital (at separate times throughout the night + the mis-information of dosages with GHB vs GBL) Im thinking it was due to the G flyers circulating (read one that mate had) and that was to stop paranoia, drop what drugs you have (if needing to go that far) and ring ambulance / let staff know. Police are more than likely to gather as many people as possible to question them. And thats the paranoia happening here in NZ. No-one wants to deal with a g'ed out person cos of the heavy penalty's that can happen for possession.
Usual story tons of cops appear + dogs + paddy wagons + newspaper + blah blah...

n.b. clubs here are starting to realise that as soon as someone G's out, with word of mouth, most clubbers just leave and move on to the next club / venue. Starting to bum out peoples night out, I know cos ive been getting back into clubbing heh, theres just so much negativity aorund it now, especially as some of the best party crews are having poor sales, due to people G'ing out at there parties (happened to the crew where the 4 people G'ed out) ... As for me, I just love it :) I dont go stupid on G and only prefer it in minute doses...

"Was thinking about the media and GHB and how they name GHB "liquid fantasy" or "liquid ecstacy" and why un-informed people G'out cos they think theyre taking a liquid form of MDxx..."

Last edited:
All the people who die from GHB overdose, die in the pre-hospital environment. Presumably some of those die because their 'mates' don't call an ambulance. I don't know why they don't like calling ambulances. Maybe it's because in some states, people get charged for them. But if you put the facts together that
a) people die from GHB overdose
b) they all die BEFORE they get to hospital / following a delay in getting to hospital
c) hardly anyone dies ONCE the get to hospital,
I reckon that anyone determined to use G regularly, should statistically factor in the price of a few ambulance trips a year, and maybe some top-notch health insurance. I mean, it's not like it's an unavoidable hazard! I might go off and do some calculations on the net cost of drug use...
As to driving on GHB, check out

Caldicott DG, Edwards N.
Traumatic brain injury after a motor vehicle accident: fact or "fantasy"?
Emerg Med J. 2001 Nov;18(6):458-9.

It also has the only photo of a 'stobie pole' in the world medical literature =D

edit- disabled smilies

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually going to ask something about the actual financial cost of ringing in a G overdose.

So we've ascertained that police won't be called in unless paramedics think a serious crime has been comitted.

Say I call an ambulance for someone who has G'd out, what are the usual costs involved? I understand ambulance cover is about $50 a year in Melbourne, is that right? Personally, I think anyone who takes G regularly who doesn't have this type of cover, and private health cover as well is nuts.

Admittedly this type of information might dissuade someone from calling an ambulance at the appropriate time, it's something I'm curious to know.

for ambulance fees in Melbourne

How to beat ambulance transport fee increase

5 September 2003

Victorians without ambulance membership cover face new emergency transport fees from this month.

However, people can avoid paying a minimum of $735 for an emergency ambulance trip by joining the ambulance membership scheme for just $45 for singles and $90 for families.

The Health Minister, Bronwyn Pike, said annual membership subscriptions would increase by $5 for singles and $10 for families from 1 November 2003.

“The subscription increase is only the third in the past 10 years. For families, it represents a cost of only 27 cents a day – that’s still great value,” Ms Pike said.

“Since coming to office, the Bracks Government has invested an additional $79 million into ambulance services, an increase of around 80 per cent.

“Ambulance membership is good insurance against the cost of an ambulance in the event of an accident or emergency. Ambulance transport is not a free service, and the subscription scheme exists to ensure affordable ambulance cover is available to everyone.

“The standard cost of an emergency trip in an ambulance in the metropolitan area over the next year will be $735, up from $659, and the average cost in country Victoria will be $1568, up from $1472.

from http://www.ambulance-vic.com.au/aboutus/media_releases.asp?mode=display&id=43

Status
Not open for further replies.