• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What's the best/worse present you have ever received?

Naughtiest_Maximus

Bluelighter
The title says it all. Be it Birthdays, Christmas, Valentines Day, or for whatever reason, what are the standout's in the best and or worst presents you have ever been on the receiving end of?

For me the worst is easy, for more than just the present itself. It was an x-mas present from my boss/friend at the time and i still don't know wtf he was he was thinking. X-mas day i head downstairs at the pub i am living/ working at, i am a bacpacker at the time in London. Sit down and presented with this rather large and hefty book all nicley wrapped. What i would want with such a large book in the first place was beyond me. Just what i want something large and heavy to way me down.I casually unwrap it to find "The encyclopedia of how things work"

Very informative and very far too much filled with cut away pictures of microwave ovens, aeroplanes and Aircraft carriers, with very basic explanations. Which is fine for the 10 yo's or so i imagine the book was aimed for. For a 30 yo i was just wondering if this was actully a joke and so decided to be really grateful waiting for the "Ha ha got ya" that never came.

A couple of days later my boss had obviously read the book that was lying around. He comes up and apologises stating that he was off his chops doing his x-mas shopping, remembered that i used to be a mechanic and somehow thought that i would be really interested in it. Did he open the book to read it before he bought it?............Of course not, if he had i really would have wondered.8(

A few years ago a bf of mine didnt know what i would like for christmas, he rang my bestfriend and they went shopping together. I ended up with a bracelelt i did not like .. at all. I'm not a picky bitch but it wasn't my fault at all. For my bestfriend and boyfriend to have both chosen it for me, was bad.

It broke.

Seriously it did. Fate. What can i say.

The worst present I ever got was from this 'boyfriend' when I was 13..

It was a plastic cup with that had a candle in it, surrounded by that squashy jelly stuff.. Those ones u get in like a $2 shop..
It was so lame and tacky hehe

The best I ever got was a beautiful silver ring and matching braclet :)

thats pretty funny and lame
i think the worst present i ever got was....
an easter egg at christmas from my friend
fuck knows where he got an easter egg at christmas but blah
was crap..but very amusing

The b est ever present I got was a computer from my parents and the internet

2 years later a new computer and road runner

I am forever thankful they spent over 1,000 on me

worst gift? not really worst but at the time

For my birthday my friend gave me this $10 bag of weed while at that time I was already doing 80mg adderall/daily and I lost interest in weed long ago and I was on a steady adderall habit

i smoked it with them of course,acted to like it, Of course I ended up actually liking it when I got high because being high is fun but when you go steady on adderall for a while you forget what weed/downers even feel like so you think they are horrible and will put you to sleep so you avoid them

Of course now a days I would just ask for adderall that's all I want for my birthday,easter,christmas,valentines day,uhh any holiday,any month,any day,any hour,any minute

it's very easy to pick out gifts for me or Money I love money too

The *best* present I have ever received would probably have to be the present my boyfriend gave me this year for my birthday...

He got me 25 smurf figurines for my collection and a small mushroom house, all in mint condition... he got them off of ebay and all... I don't think that anyone has ever put that much thought into a gift for me before...

A close second would go to the ring he got me for Christmas last year... It has a pink sapphire in it... and pink is my favourite ;)

The worst present was probably this mobile made out of felt that my nanna gave me when I was about 10... 10 year olds don't hang up mobiles in their rooms... heh.

My best friend who moved away baught me a book on friendship. And everything in the book rang true. Best present ever. I love the book to death!

And my silver collar was another best present because i'd forgotten how much i wanted it. And was over the moon when i saw it!

my ex who i was seeing for about 18 months to 2 years...

she gave me $10 of scratchies for my birthday....

she kinda didnt see the irony when i sent her a $2 one for her birthday...

I think it's pretty cruel that you can pay somebody out for giving you a crap present. It's the thought that counts and you should be grateful they gave you anything at all.

Personally i would have loved to have received that encyclopedia. I'm always looking at www.howstuffworks.com

Last edited:
Worst? a pulsating rubber clit given to me by my ex-girlfriend

Best? return ticket to london for a month of hard clubbing (a good mate doing IT in u.k. brought it for me), ended up in berlin, frankfurt + amsterdam. I was ultra paranoid + messed up by the time I got to the airport for home. Body search when arriving at auckland airport (they are so damn notorious for that) dont blame them, I looked hideous, black bags under my eyes + sweaty... By far the best prezzy ive had.

My Grandparents are notorious in our family for giving crap presents...they often just buy the same of a lot of stuff and give it to various people in the same family, for the same occasion. But it is not even good stuff that is the same, then you probably wouldn't mind. But it is random crap stuff like scissors.

Probably about the pinnacle of this for me was Christmas one year (probably when I was about 16/17) when I got a vinyl cutting mat. Very, very inexplicable. That was all.

One that ties with this would be for my 18th b'day, I got a card in the mail from my Uncle and his family who live in Malaysia...being somewhat of an optimist, I was like....ooh maybe there is a plane ticket to Malaysia inside...hmm, no plane ticket, just some expired Malaysian shopping discount vouchers. WHAT THE FUCK?????? So bizarre...my Mum rang him and yelled at him.

Best = my diamond jewellery set or my Ipod, both for my 21st this year...

One of the best presents I have gotten was from my ex. She got me the theird series of The League Of Gentleman. She knew how much I fell in love with the first two series and I was so stoked to get the third one!
I never view presents as crap, some I have found amusing in the past though.
My friends and I always buy one crap present for each other at christmas time.
This year my mate who hates rap is getting a Vanilla Ice cassingle I found at an op shop :D

Donny Don't said:
I think it's pretty cruel that you can pay somebody out for giving you a crap present. It's the thought that counts and you should be grateful they gave you anything at all.

Personally i would have loved to have received that encyclopedia. I'm always looking at www.howstuffworks.com

I wholeheartedly agree with this man.

The only bad gift was the one I didn't receive.

The rest have been beautiful

worst gift i ever received was a hat with my name in massive letters across the front from my aunty.

for an entire day, i had to walk around with a hat showing my fucking name to please my aunty.

"oh, it must be aaron, IT SAYS SO ON HIS SHITTY HAT!"

Suddenly i'm reminded of the time i told my little sister that my dad really really wanted a permanent marker for christmas. And she baught one, wrapped it up .. and cried on christmas day. (I think i was about 7, she was 5)

TeeHee.

He liked it though, 'a very useful present' were his words ;)

If they give you the creeps... imagine what they'll do to your friends!

my brother and i have a tradition, we're not sure who started it - but i'm adament that it was he that gave me the gift to begin with.

way back when, my brother gave me a packet of plastic black ants for christmas. we didn't have a huge amount of money at the time, so there was a $5 a present budget that our parents funded. i must've been in about year 5 which'd put him in year 7. anyway these ant go down in the book of shitty presents for two reasons - 1)they're shit. no doubt about it, moulded plastic black ants with legs the size of their bodies. you've probably seen them, they used to hang on the racks outside granny mays with the nerd glasses and blood capsules. they had a slogan too "If they give you the creeps... imagine what they'll do to your friends!" i thought to myself "induce a beating?"

but the second reason, is that my brother, being a proud kinda kid tried to inform me that they were a good present, and i should be happy - after all he'd love a present like it. that was it! revenge!! so for his birthday, i wrapped them back up (still unopened) and gave them back to him. the tradition, started back in the mid ninties is still running strong nearly 10 years later. the box is pretty tatty and we argue like hell over who gave the ants to who (i maintain that due to his birthday being after both christmas and my birthday, it MUST'VE been him)

but they remain the best crap present i've ever gotten (8 times)

just remembered the dodgiest one i've ever given too. my mum is one of those people that's all into home made stuff. so one year i got a champagne cork and stuck 2 notice board pins in for legs 2 thumb tacks for eyes and lots of little sewing pins for a mouth! it was great! actually she's treasured it (possibly because of all the crap i copped for it, but she got the joke anyway) she's had it on her desks at various jobs since she got it. and that's in 3 different cities!

crapest - an ex of mine have me two passionfruit once. It wasnt a special occasion I was just studying for exams and he said that it was brainfood. At the time I thaught it was cute...no acturally i still think it was cute.....i miss him :(

Best - PS2 from my parents at Xmas...Ilove you guys :)

Worst - Hmmm, I got three pairs of socks for Christmas once. That was fairly recently too! Maybe if I was like, 5 or somethin, it woulda been sweet.

Best - I was lucky enough to recieve a $3000 stereo and amp for my 21st birthday. Ive never been so submerged in phat bass before in my life.My room is way too small for that beast.

Fuck presents man, dont get attached to materilalistic shite. Good health, a clear mind, family and friends rate the highest in my book..

..Yes my children, come closer and listen carefully. For I know the path to true enlig..
Ah shut up.

-Later