Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5 HTP - am I expecting too much???

Bent

Bluelighter
A question for those who use 5 HTP. I recently received my first package of the stuff with much joy and anticipation. Followed the generally accepted dosage as posted around BL and proceeded to drop 1 1/2 Grey Mitzies (plus a couple more during the night - please note that my normal 1st drop is normally 1 1/2, otherwise it doesn't generally do much).
While I had fun, they took extra long to kick in and I really wasn't as blown away as I'd expected.
I must say however that although I really don't suffer much from eccy Tuesday, I had no problems at all during the week.
I can also confirm the sideeffects - very hard to get up in the morning if you've taken it the night b4 and very intense and realistic/long dreams.
So my question really is - does it do that much for everyone else when they are rolling, or is it more for eccy Tuesday?
Cheers,
Bent

My experiences with 5htp have proven that it doesn't really do much at all as a pre-load (i would infact avoid it, as it could lead to an upset stomach and/or headache). Each time I have pre-loaded with 5htp (I did the hwole USA style pre-load with EVERYTHING, so it might not just be the 5htp), my pills have taken longer to come on, and I've developd a headache at the bgeginning of the night.
I'd stick to using it as a post load, eccy Tuesdays are now a thing of the past! Yeah it does help heaps with that, and even 50mg a day if you suffer from any sort of mild depression (although daily doses aren't recommended).
I must say, I've had a few experiences with 5htp (the first being when I thought my face was going to explode afte Pillcat rescued from the Newsroom at uni during the worst ever week long comedown in the history of mankind, and pumped me so full of the stuff that I thought I was going to die, but I was too out of it to realise...not a good thing), most of them have been because I took too much.
"You took too much man, you took too much.."
The highest dose I'd ever give myself in one go would be 300mg, that's if you want to get a full on buzz from it, and it can be done. Otherwise I'd take 200-300mg before bed so I can have some crazy ass dreams... these ARE crazy ass dreams and if you're not prepared can be a bit scary, epecially the 'pre-dream' bit where you feel like you're flying.
anyway yeah, I usually forget to use the 5htp as a post load, and I'm lucky because I don't usually suffer from Eccy Tuesday or Wednesday..i pretty much just stick to taking it when I remember (i read somewhere on this sie I think, that excessive and frequent use of 5htp can actually cause damage to your synapses...although I could be making that up, I'm pretty sure)
There ya go.
mona.

i think mona pretty much hit the nail on the head with her summation.
i find i get the most tangible, and noticeable benefits post loading, to enable me to pull my shit together. I find "coming on" a subjective thing, and not even necessarily even predictive of the quality of the pill.......
but i still pre-load, just to top up the tank
pinger

All this reading about 5htp and iherb and I still have no idea what it is, what it does, where to get it, why to get it, why to have it.?.?. Could someone with a tiny bit more info than me be kind enough to contribute some of there knowledge please, I must admit I'm pretty intrested...

FredStar - check out the information here:
EVERYONE READ!
plenty on 5-HTP, pre/post loading, and general good stuff contained.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

i think 5htp pretty much saves your body from the physical effects, but it doesn't necessarily mean you're free from emotional stress after pilling..
i had my biggest weekend at gatecrasher the other week, 6.5 pills over 3 days... that is a *shitload* for me, i've never been a big piller. if it wasn't for the 5htp i'm pretty sure i would have been very fucked up on the monday after... even though i was emotionally drained, my body handled it well and i attribute that to the 5htp.
its different for everyone, i know a girl who has naturally high levels of serotonin, has been partying for 12 years and not dropped a single pill (now THAT is will power!) and she manages to dance to the morning with us everytime.
try it out for yourself.. but yah, i don't feel that the 5htp brings out the roll harder, it just cleans up the come down.
ciao!

I partied for a year without touching any drugs... managed to stay up and out dance a lot of my drug induced friends many a time, well into the next day *aaahh when clubs finished at 11am*..
but..(this wouldn't be a mona post without it) then I buckled.
Oops.

Bent:
when did u take the 5-HTP in the pre-load?
5-HTP takes 8-10 hrs to do anything and hence u may have taken it too late for it to effect ur roll.
second MDMA and 5-HTP taken to close together definitely interfere with each other and cause some problems.
Don't take 5-HTP at all on the day of ur roll, or if u must in the morning only.
Generally i always know when i am going to roll and for the 3 days prior i have 100mg a night.
It works and great and its no surprise when my friends always ask me, why do e's effect u so well, mine finished ages ago, ur still fucked.
and its also no surprise that by mon i am emotionally fine, juast tired, whereas most of my friends are often seriously fucked up, depression, sickness, etc etc.
it is the miracle drug for MDMA lovers, u just need to know how to use it properly.

I did all the research and have definitely followed the advice of preloading the day/s before and not on the day (at the very least a small dose on 1st thing in the morning.
But thanks for the tip.
Cheers,
Bent