Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin legislation.

satricion

Bluelighter
Hi,

I am writing a university essay on the social effects of heroin legislation. Since there are so many people on this board who are knowledgeable and active in HR work I thought I'd ask these questions here...

Which countries have decriminalised possession of small amounts of heroin?

Are there any papers available (preferably published academic work) on the effects of such legislation on the number of addicts, or were the changes put in place too recently to tell what effect they have had?

Can anyone direct me towards some credible information on the number of addicts in each country? I've tried the World Health Organisation website and a few other places but haven't really found what I'm looking for.

Eventually I hope to adapt this essay into something suitable for the Harm Reduction board here on Bluelight, and any direction to source material would be appreciated!

If you're looking for published papers, check out PubMed and do a few searches. Typing in "heroin addicts number" I saw quite a few reviews of diferent countries addiction issues. If you're still at Uni then you probably will have access to a number of the different journals through your library.

Good luck. Sounds like an interesting essay.

stace.