• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

60 Minutes ecstasy story on Australian 60 minutes this Sunday night..

quijibo

Bluelighter
Just saw the promo, I'll be very interested to check this out.
------------------
I'm gonna bounce...yes I am.

Yeah I think its the same one they've been talking about in the BL2000 forum that shows a video of some poor kid dying
frown.gif

I can't wait to see it so I can write a letter of complaint to 60 minutes.

Yeah that's the one, they played a bit of it on the add.
I probably won't write any letters of complaint, but will observe with keen interest.
--Rob

E Bee, I think that's the wrong attitude prior to watching a documentary like this, which we will all find interesting. I feel it's wrong to go into based on the views of others rather than forming your own opinion after watching it. Hope you take this in mind.
------------------
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice

Well, I'm not going to write the letter before I watch it am I?
smile.gif

But I know from what the Americans have said about it in the other forum, that I will more than likely disagree with most of it. And I know for sure that I disagree with them showing a poor kid dying...that's the lowest form of scare tactics they could ever use
frown.gif

I'll second that E Bee....I am expecting the worst from the Channel 9, government influenced bullshit mill.....lets see if the word 'death drug' is used that is a favorite in the West Australian newspaper here!

the stuff that they said about e in the promo gives the indication that its going to make the hole issue much worse. I think its time i tell my parents before they get the big bad picture presented by 60mins.
------------------
Electronic Music is created by Technology, And we are the Product of Electronic Music

I've been really fucking annoyed at the news lately. Some of the stuff they've been showing (re: visuals) is nothing more than a a disgusting display of sensationalism. most news programs wont run a story unless they have visuals that grab the viewers attention, and the morbid curiosity in the general poulation seems to get off on seeing people being either carried away in a body bag, revived at a site.
In recent weeks I've seen detailed pictures of a car that had been crushed under a semi-tralier (in which an 18 months old child was burned to death...they showed the car seat), I've seen a kid being revived on the road after being hit by a car and I've extremely graphic images of two small girls who had been mauled by a rottweiler.
Honestly, this increase (and i HAVE noticed and increase) in sensationalism scares me. If news programs can't report on stories without resorting to these disturbing techniques, I'd hate to see what it's giong to be like in a few years.
mona.
ps. do we need two threads going at once on this topic?

yeah, boo sucks media! except for the age who i'm beginning to respect more. don't dissapoint us ok?
smile.gif

once during a thread way back where someoe was accusing us of being pro-drug i said, and i think i still believe, why shouldn't we be? 90% of maistream media is, by their own admission, anti-drug. if we, one little web page, is pro-drug then how much harm can we do?
but i guess i gotta admit that BL doesn't really seem pro-drug if you look hard, its really pro-knowledge, good and bad and pro-making your own mind up.
just say know.
on a lighter note that 60 minnutes episode is probably going to be on at a time when me, and a whole lotta melbourne bluelighters, are somewhere else... conspiracy anyone?
wink.gif

better learn how to set my video i guess

Well this is what really gets me is that one person dies and it is a real big issue not saying that death is good or anything but on a relative scale people who are taught and educated in driving for example, there are way more deaths caused by driving than rolling.
Here at BL there is education and i'm sure that that only helps reduce the amount of mishaps. In all these case well many of them it is due to miseducation that results in death.
But we are fight an up hill battle.

Hey, if 60 Minutes says it's an 'ECSTASY EPIDEMIC' then it must be true!
Propoganda reigns supreme.

OK, so we can all assume 60 minutes will take the establishment / conservative / media / Packer Family line on drugs - drugs are bad kids, OK? Parents, if your kids take drugs their highest career goal will be either garbo or Democrats Senator.
But on the flip side, its got me thinking about the whole "drug war" thing. They ban a drug cos it has "no medical use and a high abuse potential" - OK, well, isn't that entirely subjective? Who decides? Couldn't someone getting high - responsibly - once in a while have the medical benefit of releasing pressure/stress/whatever it takes to get them off? And abuse? Well, alcohol/nicotine - even caffeine - are regularly abused, and I have yet to see any proven medical reasons for their legality (OK, red wine helps your heart, in moderation. Well whoopy doo).
Anyway, thats my $0.02 for today...

Hey was that $0.02 worth with or without GST? Might make our cause more worthy... ;-)
Sorry about that chief! he he I'm at work and guess what's on the agenda? GS-farkin-T! Why couldn't it be LS_farkin-D?
God!! ;-)

nearly all the mainstream media in australia newspaper and television alike are controlled by right wing conservatives, of course they are not going to say anything good about illegal drugs

Well hey..i dunno about youse guys, but definitely PRO X-T-faarkin-C, G-H-faarkin-B and T-H-faarkin-C (speed and nitrous just don't go well with the faarkin' otherwise they'd be there too..and LSD..eh, take it or leave it)
HEHEHE what a pointless reply. No value whatsoever. I should be stripped of my moderator badge. Anyone?
mona.

How much i love the media. After telling my parents that i was going camping somewhere past cambeltown, a bloke dies at happy valley, a camping ground moon festival near cambeltown. Yippeee my parents find out where i was and i have to lie my arse off to convince them otherwise. Not only that but all over the news is pictures showing the people that look the weirdest and most abnormal of all the people that were there. This gave a fantastic image for the raving community. The only way we can ever beat this media crap is to write letters, make urself noticed, but dont do it emotionally, dont get cut up, give a logical and intelligent reason for your views. I sometimes laugh and sometimes cry at what i see on drugs in the media!
------------------
at night, rave near the guards compartment naked with a blue light

Don't forget the 2C-farkin-B and the DM-farking-T
smile.gif

I wanted to tape 60 minutes...but the vcr's in my house are all "booked" for 8:30 sunday
frown.gif
Anyone want to tape it and do me a copy?
smile.gif
(oops, that's illegal isn't it
wink.gif
)

Yeah any 3 letter (or more!) acronym APART from GST would be better!
M.....I......C......K........E........Y...I'm on XTC!!!
Can't be fagged working seriously today. But I know that just ain't possible at the mo with all these friggin' deadlines...Roll-on 5.00pm! Or there-abouts...
Must set the VCR, Must set the VCR, Must set the VCR. Hang on...internal email...What was I saying? Oh yeah, must have a bong, must have a bong...
'
'
'
|-|
| |
| | //
| |//
| /
| |
=====
GeeeeeeeeeeeeA!