• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How Do you know when it's Time to Stop/Slow Down?

Tantra

Bluelighter
I read about people 'listening to their bodies' being 'over it' and eventually turning away from drugs for good. How do you know when your mind and body have had enough? How can you tell it's you and not just a bad pill or a bad environment?

I ask because I think I've reached that point in my life and I feel ready to abandon the scene. But I need to compare/confirm my experiences with others. I need to know I'm not alone.

For the last 4 or 5 months, every e experience I've had has been a disappointing one. Instead of getting 'lost', instead of succumbing to its affects, I become acutely aware of everything, my surrounds, the words that come out of my mouth, and the euphoria that overwhelmed me three years ago, has become nothing more than a head-spin. The peak is like a bad ride I can't wait to get off. I don't care to talk or listen to anyone, much less kiss and cuddle. I don't care for the music and most of the time I can't be bothered getting off my arse except to go the toilet - and that in itself is an inconvenience.

My come-downs set-in early, before closing time. As soon as the peak is over, I'm overwhelmed with sleep, self-frustration and disappointment. The next day I experience painful colonic spasms, what feels like trapped wind. As well as oedema, headache and nausea.

I use to anticipate a night out on the town, popping a pill and dancing 'till dawn. These days, a night in with a good movie, some hot chocolate and a hot shower sound more enticing. I'm tired of feeling like shit and getting over feeling like shit. I get a bigger rush when I go for a brisk walk than I do from pilling.

Don't get me wrong, I look around when I'm clubbing and I see people going off the way I use to and I wish to God I could feel that way again. But somehow I don't think I ever will.

Thanks for your patience.

:(

I went through the same thing.
Drugs were'nt working, 8+ pills later and all that was happening was agitation.
Comming down sucked so much I had to use other drugs to deal with it. I stopped dancing.

I hear what ya say, I am a bit tired so I won't go into details right now, but I think you have made up your own mind to begin with and ya just need some reassurance.

I say quit while ya ahead :)

Yeah I can't dance either - ironically, I was a better dancer before I hit the scene, and socially apt without the need for stimulants - I don't know if I'll ever be the person I was before the drugs.

Thanks for your reply...my better half is out tonight and I'm feeling solemn - not because I wish I was there, I'm just afraid he'll do pills and try to drive home.

Well nobody is forcing you to take the drugs. So if your not having fun doing them then why bother? If you not enjoying your time on drugs then you will never have fun because it's a state of mind you don't want to be in. Then you comedowns will be worse since you will be angry at yourself for doing it.

I got to the stage when I can be fucked out of my brain of every type of drug in the world and I would think well this was no different to last time. For me being in that state is a waste of my time and money so I rarely do it anymore.

Tantra, I have also had similar affects to wat ur describing above in recent months and I have come to the conclusion that there is basically just a load oif junk in my area at the moment.

I havent seen anything decent now since probably May.

Its a pain in the bum actually cos Im sick of getting stung with speed bombs and ket and similar rubbish.

I really must get a tester.

When you ask 'When is it time to slow down?'... that's usually a good sign to SLOW THE FUCK DOWN! :)

Ask yourself this...
"Do I want to do this?" Don't overanalyse it, just go for an intuitive response...if the answer is definitely no, time to stop...

The line between use and addiction is when you do things you dont wanna do. Just do what YOU want to do. That is always the best thing to do.

Tantra sounds like you need a break girl! I get a bit like that every now and then when everything just get a bit much. My s/o particulary get like that.

I find waiting until you feel the urge again (not because everyone else is doing it) is usually about the right time.

Of course it's possible that you may never get the urge again, thats cool to, as long as your having fun!

Anyways take a break.

Tantra said:
For the last 4 or 5 months, every e experience I've had has been a disappointing one. Instead of getting 'lost', instead of succumbing to its affects, I become acutely aware of everything, my surrounds, the words that come out of my mouth, and the euphoria that overwhelmed me three years ago, has become nothing more than a head-spin. The peak is like a bad ride I can't wait to get off. I don't care to talk or listen to anyone, much less kiss and cuddle. I don't care for the music and most of the time I can't be bothered getting off my arse except to go the toilet - and that in itself is an inconvenience.

It sounds like your time to stop came and went about four or five months ago. ;)

A few people in this thread have asked why you're still going out. I bet I can guess that one of the reasons is because of your social network. It's hard because you don't want to stop seeing your friends, but at the same time it's taking such a huge toll on you physically and mentally.

Good luck with the break :)

Definately give it away while you think of it. Things aren't going to get prettier, they'll only go down-hill from here, that is... if you keep it up with the drugs.

It appears to me that you have "lost the magic". It's usually from just using MDMA all for what it's worth and taking what it has to offer for granted. Don't worry, you're not the only one to be in this situation. I have spoken and met too many people these days that describe EXACTLY what you're suffering. I shouldn't say "suffering", but... more-so just "missing-out".

MDMA is usually the type of drug that appears in one's life, has quiete an impression on the user the first few times. Then, soon-or-later the novelty wears off. It could even be your mind subconsiously rejecting the drug. Anyways... I definately say, give it a break.

<< It appears to me that you have "lost the magic" >>

LOL. There is NO magic. Keep on (ab)using.. and you'll see some bloody magic side-effects though ;)

Yeah, my friends and I do have a tendency to look at the whole pilling experience as "magical", sorry, it's a silly habit that has made it's way into common conversation. :)

I'm lucky to get the 'luved up feeling' once or twice a year. The party's finally over, I know, but I don't want it to be. So you just keep tryin. It wasn't until I finally met a 'nice' girl who funnily enough has nothing to do with the scene, that I am starting to feel 'over it'.

I guess in the end, priorities change....... if you let them.

Thanks for the replies...Deformed Neuron I've already entertained that thought. I really do think my mind is rejecting the effects because I've been taking pills reluctantly. Reluctantly because - I don't want to be the sober one when my friends are all rolling. I know when I was pilling, friends who were sober at the time - kind of ruined the roll for me, I don't want to be responsible for that, but at the same time, I don't want to lose my friends.

Anyway - I'm just not going to clubs anymore. I'm having a break 'till NYE then I'll see how I feel.

tantra - do what makes you happy. Of course going out and partying on pills is fun for a few years but you do it, because A: its different, B: its fun. As soon as its the norm and boring you don't do it. If sitting on the couch watching tv makes you happy then do it... if walks, or jogging, or going to the park makes you happy then do THAT :)

Im exactly the same. After years i started getting bored with it all... i stopped going out clubbing and starting hanging with friends at bars again on friday nights... going to mates house parties... reading... footy at the park , whatever... No pills. After a while of this i'd go to raves or special events every now and then - just to have some fun... sometimes i'll have a 1/2 pill sometimes nothing. i go to enjoy having fun at these events... Im not there for a different experience or the drugs - just to enjoy the atmostphere and the people...and it works i always have a blast and hurrah its fun again! :D

let your body rest mate these plenty of fun to be had

its all good :)

A break can give you a lot of perspective on the whole thing. I can relate to all you have said and really I think most people may go down this road eventually. I am completely uninterested in going out clubbing at all at this time and have been for nearly a year. And I would get a better buzz from hitting the Gym than hitting the pills when I do.

I used to go out most weekend's or at least every 2nd one but then lost interest in it completely.

That said & done the ironic thing is I stopped clubbing for 6months and discovered ravin. I dont know what the scene is like in your particular area but I find I wont touch clubbing in town anymore yet every few months I am itching to head to a big event/rave outside of the clubbing environment. Maybe its the size of the crowd and the energy. I still wouldnt do it every week but some of the old enjoying of the nite & the pills came back into it. And god knows I stomp all nite again.

Take your own advice and have sometime off...maybe try a different nite out down the road. You might just get back some enjoyment on your investment of time & money again!!

P.S roBe great minds think alike...